BB

Blooming Blue

The next morning, Sehun found Luhan laying comfortably against his chest. The audacity of some people! He was sleeping so calmly, so nicely, like he didn't try to kill the taller one last night.
He sat up and brushed a hand through his hair to try waking up; he had much thinking to do today, and he didn't know where to start. For one, he didn't know if he could trust Luhan not to murder him. And two, he didn't even 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 Luhan. But the thought of having with one person only on a regular basis was appealing, even more so with an incubus. At least Sehun knew neither of them would get bored any time soon.

Before he could even start thinking about what the pros and cons would be of sticking around, he needed more answers than what he had gotten last night. He needed all the information before he could come to a good decision, just like when he balanced the books; he needed to know everything.
Luhan woke up only a few minutes after Sehun did, and he sat up as well.
"Good morning," He chirped, "are you hungry? I know humans like to eat almost as soon as they've woken up,"
"Incubus' don't do that?" Sehun asked with a raise of his eyebrow, and Luhan was quick to correct him.
"Incubi. And no, we don't," He answered as he let his fingertips roam over the other one's spine absentmindedly; it felt nice waking up to a living person, albeit a little weird too.
"What, so you just live off humans' life force?" Sehun asked - even though he hadn't really gotten to feel what it was like to wake up with someone after a one night stand before, he came to the conclusion that it was nice. He didn't like being touched like this either (or in general) but with Luhan, it was...tolerable.
"Yes. Since we're demons of sorts, we don't need much sleep either. Or to go to the toilet. Or to do anything a human needs to, really. That includes eating," He explained, and Sehun took in the information.
"You're just a walking magnet, then," He thought out loud with a small laugh, and Luhan smiled a little at the sound.
"I suppose you could put it like that," He mused, and Sehun laid back down.
"I want to know everything," He stated seriously, and Luhan nodded - the taller man once again had to take note of how pretty the other one's body was, but he tried to ignore it as best as possible.
"Any questions you have, I'll be happy to answer," The doe-eyed man smiled fondly; it wasn't hard to notice how difficult it seemed to be for Sehun to keep his eyes to himself.

"How often do you feed? And how many people can you feed off of in a night?" Sehun fired off immediately.
"It's different for all incubi, but in general, we feed once every three to four days. Again, how many an incubus can feed off in a night varies between us all, but I can only feed off of one. Otherwise I don't feel that great the next morning," Luhan patiently explained; it was nice hearing someone seem this interested.
"But as an incubus, wouldn't you want to have different partners? Or people to feed off of, I mean," Sehun hummed as he watched Luhan's small fingers draw symbols on his stomach and chest - it felt soothing in a way, even though he normally would've been annoyed by something like this.
“Like I said, it depends on the “taste” of someone. Some people's chi have a good taste, and others don't. Most aren't very memorable, so I wouldn't want to keep anyone around. Only yours is something I'd like time and time again...it's rare to come by someone with such strong energy. Believe me, I know! In the hundreds of years I've been doing this, not once have I met someone as enticing as you,” Luhan said excitedly as his fingernails scratched Sehun's skin gently, leaving very light trails behind.
“𝐻𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠? You're immortal?” Sehun's eyebrows did the thing again where the insides went down and the outsides went up.
“Well, yes, aren't all demons immortal?” The shorter one chuckled as his brown doe eyes sparkled, and he moved a little closer to the human.
“Doesn't it sound exciting, at least? I would be around for the rest of your life if that's what you would want,” He murmured, and his touch sent that seem calming effect through the taller man's body.
“Don't sway my decision, it wouldn't be fair,” Sehun retorted as he pushed Luhan's hand away. He wanted as much of a clear head as he could have, and Luhan doing that thing didn't help.
“I'll try this with you. But if I want to leave, then I will. And you're not allowed to touch me if that time comes,” He stated firmly, and he almost chuckled; it sounded so odd the way he had phrased it. It would've been a little weird if he had said that to a human.
“Does that mean I have permission to come see you at work if you're not too busy?” Luhan asked and ran his fingertip down Sehun's arm softly, fascinated by how warm his skin was.
“I'm always busy,” The taller man said, then found himself backtracking.
“...but I guess you could come see me during my break,”
“Really?” The incubus grinned, “it's like it's dating already,”
“Dating, huh?” Sehun chuckled as he placed his hands behind his head to look up at the ceiling, Luhan moving closer like a magnet to lay his head on Sehun's chest. He could hear a heartbeat! He wasn't used to that. It thumped in a somewhat unsteady rhythm, but it still made Luhan's eyes droop just a little. Maybe this was Sehun's calming effect on him.
“Isn't there a law against dating humans or something?” Sehun questioned as he looked down at the mass of black hair on his chest, not sure what to do about it. He didn't like cuddling, he never had, but it didn't seem like Luhan understood or cared about that fact.
“Is there a law against humans dating incubi?” The doe-eyed man grinned up at the human, and Sehun almost felt his cheeks flush, “no,”
“Then you have your answer,” Luhan said.
“We don't even know each other,” The other man mumbled. He didn't know exactly what he felt yet, but he had to admit that the was good, definitely something he'd go back for.
“Do we have to?” Luhan asked - maybe he 𝑤𝑎𝑠 as innocent as he seemed. At least, to an extent.
“Well, yeah. To know what we like and dislike, what our hobbies are, our interests...that's what us humans do,” Sehun explained with a chuckle as those brown eyes looked up at him curiously.
“Humans are more complex than I thought!” He said as he tilted his head this way and that way, mesmerized by Sehun's droopy eyes.
“Well, I still want to date you. Even if we don't know each other that well, we can get to that during our time together, no?” Luhan questioned as he sat up, picked up the telephone from next to the bed, as well as the breakfast menu, and set them on his lap.
“I suppose so. As long as you get to feed, you're happy, right?” Sehun almost saw it as selfish, but he kept telling himself an incubus could have anyone they wanted. And for Luhan to have picked him specially to keep alive said something, right?
“Don't make it sound like that's the only thing I want from you. I'm fascinated by you. The taste of your chi is what kept you alive, sure, but you really do seem like a guy I'd like. I want to get into that head of yours to hear what makes you tick,” Luhan said with a smile, then opened the menu to look at some of the things they offered.
“So, your main aim is to sustain yourself off of me, but dating me is a perk?” He questioned as he sat up as well, allowing the incubus to put the menu and phone in his lap instead.
“Pretty much. What do you say?” Luhan questioned, resisting the urge to use his touch to make Sehun say yes. He had never been rejected before, and to be turned away by the human he kept alive...the other incubi and succubi would laugh about it for the next millennium if they heard about it.
“Fine. But like I said, if I want to leave, I will. And I don't want you feeding off anyone else. Only me, got it?” What a bold human to be making demands like this!
“Is that what humans do, too? They don't allow the people they date to...eat with anyone else?” Luhan questioned with a tilt of his head.
“Luhan, humans eating together and you feeding is very different. When we date, we don't have with other people,” He said, and Luhan looked at him with a small frown, “you don't?”
“What if I need to feed? Like really, really, need to feed? And you're busy, or healing?” He asked before Sehun could speak again, and the taller one thought about it for a moment.
“Well...I guess it would be excused then...but only if we really can't do it,” He still stood firm on his decision to want to keep Luhan all for himself.
“I want to be the only human you need for a few years,” He blurted out as his cheeks turned into red petals, and he quickly dialed the number of the hotel before he had to say anything else.
Luhan looked at him with soft eyes and a smile; no one had ever offered themself for him for such a long time, but it made him happy. Maybe happier than he had ever been before, and it really was a scary feeling.

Sehun ended up ordering some fluffy pancakes and fruit juice, and Luhan questioned him about them as much as he could.
“How do they taste? Why do you have that yellow stuff on top? What's this?” He pointed at the butter which was melting on top of the pancakes and then at the fruit juice, all too curious about what they were like.
“Have you never seen butter or fruit juice before?” Sehun had to laugh, and Luhan shook his head as he poked the one fluffy pancake with his fingertip.
“Don't worry. Just like you'll show me about your world, I'll show you about mine,” He smiled, and offered some fruit juice, “taste it,”
Luhan gave the liquid a sniff, then wrinkled his nose and gently pushed the glass away as he shook his head quickly.
“It smells weird! I don't want it!” The incubus said while Sehun continued to laugh as if it were the funniest thing in the world, his eyes crinkling up from the hilariousness of how Luhan refused to even have a sip.
“Humans actually like this stuff?” The incubus asked with a shudder; if their liquids were so bad, he had to wonder what their solid food was like.
“Uh, yes!” Sehun continued chuckling, “we can't exactly taste the life force of others,”
“Well, it doesn't have a 𝑡𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑒 as you might think. It can't be compared to your human food's tastes. It's like...walking on clouds, in a way. But those are the good ones. The bad ones is like you're being drowned, somewhat. It hurts to feed off the bad energy, but the good energy is really rewarding,” Luhan mused - it was hard putting how chi tasted into words, especially to a human who couldn't probably even imagine it accurately.
“What does mine taste like, then?” Sehun asked curiously as he paused eating his breakfast.
“Yours is strong, but in a good way. It makes me feel like I'm flying around in the clouds instead of walking on them,” He chuckled at how odd that sounded, and Sehun raised his one eyebrow.
“So you get high?” He had to ask, and Luhan thought about it for a moment.
“Kind of. You have to remember that things like that don't have as much of an effect on me as it does for you,” The incubus said gently. Sehun nodded, then chuckled.
“It's funny to imagine you taking chi to get high off of,” He admitted while Luhan gave off a soft laugh as his palm gently slapped his now boyfriend's shoulder.
“It's not exactly like that, but it's the closest thing I can think of to describe it,” He answered, then pressed his cheek against Sehun's broad shoulder.
“You're very...touchy,” The taller one said when he felt Luhan's skin against his, and the incubus looked at him with big brown eyes.
“Is that a bad thing?” He couldn't remember a time when he ℎ𝑎𝑑𝑛'𝑡 been holding onto some part of a human's body when they got close enough. It was just how he was - clingy by nature.
“I don't think so...I mean, I'm not one who cuddles and holds someone a lot,” Sehun answered in a soft voice, “but it's nice coming from you. Even though you're using that thing on me again,”
“I can't control it. It's a permanent thing. But it's good, if it means I'm allowed to hold you,” Luhan smiled as he wrapped his one arm around Sehun's - he was very warm, and the incubus was starting to enjoy it.

“Why were you in the hotel bar?” Luhan asked once they had both returned from their separate showers and gotten dressed - he would've loved to go for round two there, but he knew he had to give the human some time to recover first. He didn't want to accidentally drain Sehun because he didn't have enough energy.
“I came to a conference for work, but it ended early, so I thought I'd have a drink or two. Lucky for me, huh?” Sehun chuckled as he pulled on his tie, not minding it too much when Luhan started fixing it for him. No one really did these things for the taller one, but he liked it...only from Luhan, of course.
He blinked; since when did he get so attached to people so quickly? Not even a full day, and he was already considering asking Luhan to move in to his place. In his defense, they did have an agreement, and Luhan did need to feed off of him often, so maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea.
But he knew in his heart, that he didn't see this as a business deal - he saw this as an opportunity to really fall in love with someone. Maybe he would get his fingers burnt, but he wanted to give it a try at least, even if that meant playing with fire. And ultimately, his life.

“Where do you stay?” Sehun asked once Luhan was moving the brush through his somewhat wavy hair.
“Here and there. I haven't found a place nice enough to settle down yet. I only recently arrived in Korea,” He answered as he looked in the mirror, moving a few strands out of his face.
“Recently?” Sehun asked with a small smile, his arms folding over his chest.
“Five years or so. I take my time,” The incubus waved it off with a small chuckle, then stood up to look at the taller man. Truly, he would make a fine incubus - he had the looks for it.
“Stay with me then,” It wasn't exactly a question, but Luhan didn't mind it. He was so used to ordering people around that almost being given an order was nice to him.
“Really?” He asked as he smiled up at Sehun with those doe eyes that could melt ice caps.
“Yeah. I mean, it's easier than moving up and down for you to feed,” Sehun answered, and Luhan had to chuckle at the unintended ual joke.
“You're right. I think I'd like waking up next to more often, too,” He replied, then began neatly packing his clothes away in his suitcase as Sehun made a few calls to his boss and the other accountants about the conference. But as much as he tried to focus on what they were saying, he couldn't ignore the feeling of Luhan's eyes on his back now and then. All of this had taken the human by storm, and it was a little overwhelming - he was sure that if he was anyone else, he would've felt the effects by now, but he didn't. And he was glad about that.

“So, do you like going to the gym?” Judging by Luhan's small frame, Sehun doubted it, but he was polite enough to ask anyway.
“Yes...sometimes. I'm not one for gyming as often as you,” The incubus guessed the other one went to the gym about twice a week, on average.
“It's only three times a week,” Sehun chuckled as he took Luhan's suitcase from him when they walked into the elevator, and the shorter one made sure to stay close when they walked out once it had stopped by the ground floor.
“I prefer only once. It's boring,” Luhan admitted as he followed Sehun to his car to get in.
“Please tell me you know at least a little bit of self-defense,” The human said as he put the key in the ignition, turned, and started driving to his house up and away from the usual urban life.
“Of course! But I'm sure you know more than me. Maybe you could teach me some time,” Luhan said as he noticed the amount of trees they were passing begin to increase, indicating they were going up instead of into the city.
“You stay far from the city. Why?” The incubus questioned when Sehun came to large gates, “you'd swear you're a celebrity,”
“Somewhat. My job pays enough for me to have afforded a place like this, but the occasional modeling gigs helped too,” He answered with a shrug. He wasn't arrogant, but he wasn't shy to admit what he had done either.
“You're a model?” Luhan questioned with raised eyebrows; he wasn't too surprised. Sehun had both the face and body for it, so it would be more surprising if he 𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛'𝑡 have a hand in the modeling trade.
“Now and then for things I find interesting. A friend of mine I go to the gym with started me out,” Sehun said as he parked the car in the garage beside his other; he liked his Audi, hence he used it more than his Mercedes.
“I guess that means you have lots of fans, then,” Luhan grinned, “do I have competition?”
“Not by a long chance,” Sehun chuckled as they walked into his lavish home. His wooden floors shone as if they had been polished over and over, his furniture was modern and in monochromatic colors, and a soft fire crackled in the fireplace beside the window that reached from the floor to the ceiling; a wall of glass! How fascinating.
Outside, a dolphin mosaic glinted from the pool surrounded by neatly trimmed hedges and plants. Everything was very nice, and very expensive too, Luhan guessed.
“Why did you get such a big place if no one stays with you?” He questioned as he noted the fluffy white rug just a bit away from the fireplace - they would definitely have to get busy right there some time.
“I like having a spacious place, not a cramped apartment. What do you think of it?” Sehun asked with his hands in his pockets once he had put Luhan's suitcase down.
“It's very nice! I like it a lot. You have good taste,” The latter nodded happily - he wouldn't care whether Sehun had a fancy or crappy place, really. He was too attached to the fragile human to care about earthly possessions.

“Now tell me,” The taller one grinned as he pulled the incubus a little closer, “will you me dry if I give you a kiss?”
“Depends which you're talking about,” Luhan chuckled, but he knew which one Sehun meant, so he shook his head and pulled the other one down for a kiss.