Even If That Meant I'll Get Scolded By Eunbi

Midnight Driving (With You)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unnie, let's go take a drive around the city please–"

Chaewon sighed for the umpteenth time of the day. 

With Minjoo having her end-of-term exams soon, Chaewon, who's a freshman in college with outstanding results for her CSAT, was tutoring Minjoo with her studies, being the supportive and helpful girlfriend she is.

And that was not the reason why Chaewon wasn't able to drive Minjoo around the city – on the contrary, it was because of Chaewon herself.

Well, to be fair, not because of Chaewon but because of Chae's parents.

Chaewon decided to pause her tutoring for a little while to talk to Minjoo, and for them to have a rest as well.

"Minjoo, I've explained that my parents –"

Chaewon started, but Minjoo gave a soft chuckle and continued to what Chaewon had explained for what felt like the hundredth time.

"Your parents wanted to be sure that you're capable of driving safely alone, without their accompaniment before you can drive someone else around. Yes, I'm aware of that, unnie."

"Then why do you keep asking me about it?" Chaewon pouted a little as she fished her purse out from her backpack and took a look on her driving license.

"Because you drive me crazy~" Accompanied with a wink, Minjoo replied playfully to her girlfriend, earning a soft smack on her arm.

"Yah! Kim Minjoo, stop being cheesy," Playfully glaring at the younger Kim, Chaewon sighed a little before sliding her driving license into her purse and left her purse in her backpack.

She's licensed to drive, so why can't she? 

Chaewon blames her overprotective parents.

But – she was slowly having a plan in mind, with a victorious smirk that made Minjoo confused while revising with Chaewon.

 

______

 

It was another two weeks before something unusual happened.

The two weeks went past with Minjoo having her end-of-term exams, and Chaewon with her assignments in college. Still, they managed to get some time off with a short meet up at the either Kim's house to have a little break from the tight schedule.

This day was a Friday, with Minjoo free of any exams, and was now wrapping herself in a blanket, sitting on her bed with her back resting on the headboard, watching a drama comfortably.

Her last paper was Physics, and she thought she thought she would've been confused with the equations if it hadn't been Hyewon and Chaewon's help, she would have got lost in the equations and calculations. Did she mentioned the theories were confusing too?

("Minjoo, that wasn't the correct equation to use in this calculation..." Hyewon sighed a little, writing down another equation on the paper she was using and pointed out why the equation was suitable for the question.

"Minjoo-yah, you're confused with the theories here again..." Chaewon proceeded in explaining the theories in an easier and understandable way to which Minjoo was really grateful for her help.)

Just when she finished yet another episode of the drama, her phone buzzed beside her laptop, the screen brightened up with two incoming messages.

Chaewon unnie <3

– Yah Kim Minjoo

– Quick get out from your house, I have a surprise for you ;) 

Minjoo was confused for a few seconds before she got up from her bed, peeking through the curtain from the window and saw a silver car waiting for her outside her house.

Wait, isn't that Eunbi unnie's car? 

With a thought forming inside Minjoo's brain, an excitement pumped through her heart as something made sense.

Chaewon was going to drive her around.

Minjoo grabbed a hoodie hanging on the back of her chair, silently darting past Hyewon's and her parent's rooms as she went down the stairs and tried not to fumble with her keys before successfully going out without anyone noticing.

(It was half past twelve in the morning, Minjoo didn't want her parents to get worried and although she should've told them she was going out with Chaewon, she didn't think her parents would allow her to.

Although, Hyewon did notice Minjoo for going out this late.

After looking outside her window and seeing Minjoo getting into the silver car that looked suspiciously like the one Eunbi owned, a little playful smirk was on Hyewon's face as she took her headphone down from her head and hanging it around her neck, pausing her game.

Her hands reached to her phone as she dialled Eunbi's phone number.

"Eunbi unnie, you might wanna check your garage, and Chaewon's room.")

 

"What took you so long?"

Chaewon's tone was a little annoyed, but Minjoo knew the older was just joking around as she drove away from her house slowly, into the silent streets.

"I had to come out from my house unnoticed by Hyewon unnie and my parents, did you think it was easy?" Minjoo playfully pushed Chaewon a little, with the older Kim yelping a little and asked her not to push her like that when she was driving.

"I'm trying to keep both of us safe here, and I want to return the car to Eunbi unnie safely, without a scratch," Chaewon gripped the steering wheel a bit tighter, which didn't go unnoticed by Minjoo, who was sitting on the shotgun seat, next to Chaewon.

Trying to distract Chaewon from her nervousness, Minjoo asked, "Where are we going?"

Chaewon smiled a little before replying, "Just enjoy having a ride with me and you'll see."

 

They arrived at a small tteokbokki place just ten minutes away from Minjoo's place, which apparently operates until 2am for anyone who would like to have a midnight tteokbokki.

After ordering a small serving of tteokbokki with the addons that both the Kims prefer from the granny owner of the tteokbokki place, Chaewon asked, "So, how was my driving skills?"

Minjoo hummed with a teasing smile on her face, "You were more stable in driving than I thought. I thought I would've held onto the seatbelt as you drove."

"Yah, do I look like someone reckless in driving?" Chaewon shot Minjoo a glare, but the younger thought Chaewon looked like a cute angwy cub, so Minjoo only giggled as Chaewon tried to look angry.

"I didn't think that you would bring me to a tteokbokki place for some midnight snack," Minjoo commented, "and I was curious as to how you got permission from your parents to allow you to drive me around, and how Eunbi unnie allowed you to drive her car."

Chaewon looked a little embarrassed from the questions Minjoo asked, but she replied nonetheless. "To be honest, my parents aren't at home tonight, and so I didn't actually asked them for a permission. And secondly..."

"Eunbi unnie didn't know that I'm using her car for tonight."

Minjoo looked at Chaewon in horror. "Unnie, you're so going to get an earful from Eunbi unnie when she finds out about this."

"If she finds out," Chaewon answered with a wink.

"Be careful of the incoming hot food!" The granny owner reminded them as she got closer to the couple, placing their tteokbokki in the middle of the small squarish table, and later brought them two bowls and chopsticks and spoons they needed.

"Thank you so much for the food!"

As they thanked for the food, both Chaewon and Minjoo dug in for their midnight snack as they indulged in their favourite tteokbokki.

Chaewon sneaked a glance at Minjoo, who was visibly enjoying the meat slices and melted cheese, accompanied with the rice cakes and spoonful of red pepper soup. A small satisfied smile spreaded across her lips as Chaewon's gaze softened, before finishing up her share of the tteokbokki and only looking at the younger girl eating away.

"...Why are you looking at me like that, unnie?" Minjoo's cheeks were tinted with a light shade of pink as she grew conscious of Chaewon's loving stare on her, just as she drank the soup left in her bowl.

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter