Chapter 1

Different
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Darkness is still there. Maybe it never really went away, maybe it’s always there to remind us to look at the lights that surrounds us.

I am what people call Gifted, not that people love it. In fact they call me a crazy person. Perhaps it is not really a gift but a curse. Funny how people call it a gift but curse my ability. Nevertheless, this is nothing I am proud of. This is the most frighteningly uncanny occurrence of my life. Who wouldn’t be scared if you can see a ghost? Not the typical ghost like Casper or those white or black hairy lady but a bloody distorted face or body.

The first time I saw a ghost, I told my brother since he’s the only family I have. The thing is we really are not in good terms. When I told him about this gift of mine, he did not believe it and instead called me a weird and crazy person. Because of that I never really opened up to anyone. Not that I have many friends. In fact, I am always alone in my room. It's my safe haven because this the only place where i can’t see a ghost.

But fate must be really cruel to me. My brother instructed me to go to the market to buy some goods. "Go buy fish and pork. That’s all you need to buy. Be home early Sinb” He handed me the money and I have no choice but to comply. I wore my hoodie and a mask, since I really don’t want people to see me. It's not because I’m ugly, but because of a past that I don’t want to remember.

I am well aware that something was following me. ‘Just walk casually,’ I told myself, because if that thing finds out that I can see a ghost she will definitely disturb and follow her everywhere everyday. This is what I learned after those months: “Never make eye contact with a ghost because they will make your life miserable.” I was already near the market when someone whistled at me. I refused to look back and pretended not to hear anything, knowing it was a ghost calling me.

She thought that the ghost was already gone, but oh boy, was she wrong.

While she was buying fish, she looked up and thought it was the seller. It turns out that it was the ghost and they made eye contact. She sighed, and finished buying the things her brother ordered.

She can’t do anything about it and accepted the fact that the ghost will definitely now start following her.

But this ghost is somewhat different from all the others that she saw. Most are bloody, morbid-looking ghosts, but this particular ghost is decent, good-looking, and maybe older than her.

The ghost was still following her and she doesn’t know what it wants. Maybe talking to her won’t hurt, right? “What do you want?” I asked her.

She was surprised by my sudden question. Her reaction was so cute, if she was not a ghost I will really drool over her. She’s so beautiful with her long blonde pink-colored hair. She looks like an angel. Oh! I can see angels, too? If so then I can now be glad that I have this gift.

 

She pointed at herself and asked, "You're talking to me?" I rolled my eyes. "Obviously. Is there any other ghost here that I can't see?" She chuckled and said, "I knew it! You can see me!"

 

I was just staring at her while walking. I don’t know but while staring at her, i felt like I've already seen her before.

But my thoughts got interrupted when I collided with someone. Unfortunately, the guy lost his balance and the basin he was carrying spilled all over me, splashing me with cold water full

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter