totus mundus agit histrionem

totus mundus agit histrionem
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 


"Why are you carrying a bag?"

 


Joohyun hoisted the duffel bag, the weight bearing down upon her, "Remember when I sent you that pic? That you'd be the person I'd call if I murdered someone?"

 


"What?"

 


"Yeah," she dropped the bag, unable to carry it anymore, "help me burry it, Wan."

 


"W-wait! Wait!" Seungwan panicked, backing away from Joohyun, putting a meter between, her heart beating wildly against her sternum, "What do you mean 'bury it'? I thought that was just a joke!" paling at the sight of Joohyun, the latter stepping towards her, hands put out in a calm demeanor.

 


She's never seen Joohyun look so disheveled and worn out yet eerily beautiful, the glow of the lamp post caressing her features, tendrils of hair sloppily tied together, face clean but her clothes stained with blood.

 

 

"Seungwan," Joohyun called out, voice oddly calm and collected, but there's nothing calm about what she's feeling, her own heart hammering against her chest. She didn't know what to do; she lifted it up to fate when she called her, wether Seungwan would help her or tattle her to the authorities.

 

Gosh, she'd hate herself if it has to come down to killing Seungwan, just because of a mistake she made -- one mistake that lead to another, she thought she had left this life a long time ago. She should have known better than to trust herself to a life full of love and happiness when ghosts of her past remain lurking behind every dark corners and crevices.

 

"Seungwan, I need you to listen to me," she turned to Joohyun, half hoping that this is all just a bad joke, while the other half of her knew its not -- deathly pale skin peeking beneath the duffel bag, zippers not doing a better job at closing because of the weight of its content.

 


For pete's sake, she loves Joohyun with all her heart and she would do anything for her but -- who or what did she kill?

 

 

"Hyun, what did you do?" she asked, voice straining to remain composed, "Hyun, please tell me this is just a joke. Please, Joohyun."


"Seungwan, I swear its just an accident. Please believe me, love."


"Then, w-who -- who is that?"


"It's better if you don't know the person."


"W-what? You ask me to help yet you can't even tell who it is!?"

 


"I--It's a long story," Joohyun bit her lip, saddened at how Seungwan look so terrified, "But please, Wan, I'll tell you once we're done with this," she tried to smile to comfort her girlfriend but Seungwan grimaced.

 


"Just help me with this or else," Seungwan felt terror,  chills running down her spine as Joohyun's poor attempt of a smil

Please log in to read the full chapter