fin.

Color Blind

Seungwan glances around the office. Every single thing placed around gave off the calm ambience. Typical therapy offices.

Of course she never misses the way her therapist follows her every move. Doing her job huh, she thinks to herself.

Tapping of pen.

Silence.

Sounds of the humidifier resonates through her ears.

she takes a deep breath, giving away the lines her therapist has been waiting for the past few minutes.

"Doctor, my sky is grey."

Silence once again fills the room, as if what she said was neither shocking nor expected.

Her therapist nods in understanding. Jotting down what Seungwan just said.

'Words does matter for this thing to work, after all.' Seungwan used to hear it from her parents. They were right. Money doesn't fix things, seeking help does.

Hearing nothing aside from the gentle scratching of the ballpoint pen in a piece of parchment paper, Seungwan starts skimming through the office brochures, 'One never wins a battle without a fight.' She scoffs. How odd for an therapy advertisment.

"How about hers?"

Her hand freezes on a page. 'Hers.'

"Uh... I-I don't know." Seungwan replied.

Of course she wasn't sure. Why stare at something else when all you've ever dreamt of was beside you?

"Why not?"

"I was distracted."

"She must be so beautiful."

"More than anything else."

"Okay."

She stares at the woman sitting infront of her. The doctor does smile a lot, every smile so calm yet assuring. But her gaze seemed to focus on reading what's on her mind. Intrusive is how she describes it. Intrusively helpful.

The doctor kept her intense gaze as she places her pen down, scaring Seungwan a little bit. But of course she couldn't show that, not to this doctor, nor to anybody else.

"Let me ask you this then. Why do you think she's beautiful?"

Warmth. Suddenly she wasn't scared anymore. She was unsure of how she feels, but she knew how true it is.

"She told me grey skies meant it's going to rain." Seungwan answered.

The sound of rain fills the room, bringing her to another memory.

"Flowers bring beauty in this world, do you know that, Wannie?

And when the flowers bloom, the world is made beautiful…

That makes things seem better than they appear to be."