WEDDING

THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT (ONE SHOT)

 

Ten years of patience, trust, and dating have gone by but they were still as loving and caring since day one. For both Sandara Park and Kwon Jiyong, patience is a virtue. They’ve been secretly dating behind everyone’s back for ten years but they didn’t regret not telling anybody about it because privacy is everything to them. And after ten whole years, their secret was finally discovered by everyone around them including the world when he proposed to her in national television. 
 
 
 
While the guests waited for them in the wedding hall, they watched the episode of Strong Heart where he propose to her. 
 
 
 
 
“Aigoo! That slogan is very strong.” commented Lee Seunggi at G-dragon’s little side comment on his little board that says: BEING IN LOVE IS THE BEST! 
 
 
 
“Neh.” he nodded and sighed deeply while Sandara held her breath and waited for him to continue the meaning behind what his board says. 
 
 
 
“Why did you put that?” asked the MC of the show. 
 
 
 
“Because I’m in love.” he simply answered and everyone in the audience and the other guests started to react by whispering to one another. But one particular person was oddly quiet and that person was none other than the person he’s in love with. 
 
 
 
“Really? That’s good news but why did you put that in the board on live television?” he asked while Jiyong stood up from his seat and fished for something inside his blazer pockets. “What are you doing, G-dragon-shi?” 
 
 
 
“I want everyone to know that I’m in love with someone here and I would give up fame and fortune for this woman.” he began to explain and walked next to Dara. He stopped just right beside her and kneeled on one knee but he didn’t face her just yet. “And we’ve been dating for ten years and throughout those ten years, I learned to love her everyday and I will go crazy if I don’t see her for a day or be able to talk to her.” The audience and the guests gave him awes. “So…” he finally faced her and got the blue velvet box out of his blazer and opened it. 
 
 
 
“Park Sandara, my love, my friend, and my companion; can I have the honor to be your husband for all eternity? I promise to love you, to take care of you, and to be the friend you want me to be. Will you marry me?” he opened the box and princess cut diamond ring was present to her. She gasped and tears immediately rushed down her cheeks. The whole studio became quiet and all cameras were focused on her. Everyone who was watching Strong Heart at the time stopped what they were doing and waited for her to answer him. A whole minute passed and she finally recuperated from shock and opened . 
 
 
 
“Yes!” she nodded at him several times and gave him a full kiss on the lips. They both hugged each other tightly when he stood up and grabbed her left hand to slip the ring on her ring finger. “I love you.” she whispered to him while the audience and the rest of the citizens rejoiced. 
 
 
 
 
**
 
 
 
It was a short but simple ceremony. Their friends, co-workers, and relatives were there in the wedding and everyone was happy for the both of them. They gave them their best wishes and even expensive gifts to commemorate this occasion and for the newlywed couple, they were happy that they attended. Finally, it was time for the first dance as newlywed and the music he personally chose for the both of them began to ring in their ears. The song was THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT by JOE MCINTYRE 
 
 
 
 
He s his hands around her tiny waist as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Their eyes met and in instant, their foreheads touched one another. They closed their eyes and began swaying to the music. Everyone who watched them dancing to their first dance began to tear up especially her parents and his. But the couple were busy dancing to their wedding song and it felt like time had stopped just for the both of them. 
 
 
 
“Lovely, never ever change…” they danced to the song as their eyes met again. Everybody had their eyes on them but they didn’t see them because they were preoccupied with each other’s stares. 
 
 
 
“I love you Mrs. Kwon.” he whispered to her ear as she blushed hearing her new name for the first time. 
 
 
 
“I love you too.” she said and they shared one passionate kiss which earned around of applause from everyone. 
 
 
 
THE END.