Part 1: The heavy meeting

My savior, Lee Donghae

“Happy birthday, bestie!” I yelled in the crowded bar in Seoul, handing her a bag full of goodies just for her.

“Thank you, my dear!” she kissed my cheek and hugged me. “Now let’s have some fuuuuun!” she shouted and handed me a shot of tequila. I took and looked at it like it was a small alien in my hand.

“You know I never did shots.” I handed her the glass, but she kept pushing it back.

“You just pour it down your throat.” She even put it against my lips, making me taste the mellow drink. I tried my best not to sip it, simply swallowing it. Ych. Couldn’t be worse.

“See, it’s not that bad.” She smirked and danced around me.

“It’s not, but I need something else. Barman, can I get a glass of cranberry vodka?” he nodded at me and poured it in front of me. “And lots of ice, please!” the took his time to make the simple drink, having his eyes fixated on me.

“Yuhuuu that’s my girl!” my friend put an arm around my neck and said, “I think mr. cutie from behind the bar is making you sweet eyes. Maybe you can go behind the bar, if you know what I mean.” She winked at me.

“Come on, you know me. I would never do that. And I would never date a barman, that is.” I cocked a brow at him and made sure I said it loud enough for him to hear.

“Oh, look, you broke poor guy’s heart. You’re a true heartbreaker. Anyway, at least dance with me because those girls don’t know how to.” She pointed them out with her pinky, then drank the second shot of tequila in her hand.

“Alright, let’s show your co-workers what their colleagues are made from.”

And with that, we hit the dance floor. We were so into it, I started to feel dizzy and there was this smoke that smelled sweet and it woke something wild in me. Me and my best friend, Myung-sun, started to dance closely, rubbing against each other. I didn’t know we had it in us. We were sweaty, two single friends who enjoyed each other company and trusted each other. There was nothing wrong, I assure you. After a few songs, they put something even slower and we decided to go back to our drinks.

I took a sip and saw a girl with short, pink, ty dress slipping a pill in somebody’s drink. I know stuff like that could happen, but I found it weird. She was like 5-6 seats away, so pretty far for a bar. I shrugged it off because I didn’t want to get myself in trouble. Until I saw the most handsome man taking the glass in one hand and taking a big sip from it.

“No!!!” I shouted, but no use. The music was so loud, not even my friend heard me. I sprinted to him and the woman that did it was out of sight. His big brown eyes were staring at me like I was some weirdo and he was shocked by my behavior. “H-Hello! Sorry to bother you.” The light was dim and the smoke made it a bit hard to notice that he was Lee freaking Donghae.

“It’s alriiiiight.” He seamed high at that moment. Was he drugged? What if the woman was a crazy fan? I looked around, hoping I could see her, but she was probably out of the bar anyway. He tried to step forward, but he tripped and I caught him by his arms.

“Let’s get you some fresh air.” I said and put one of his arm around my shoulders. Boy, he was getting heavy. Outside I was lucky to find two police officers that guarded the entrance.

“Good evening! Uhm…this will sound weird, but I think I’d like to fill a complaint.”

“What happened, miss?”

“You may not recognize him, but this is Lee Donghae. He is a famous singer from Super Junior band. I saw earlier a woman who put a pill in his drink and I couldn’t stop him from drinking it. He seemed fine when I walked up to him, but now he looks…dizzy.” I wanted to say high, but I was afraid they would take him or even me for interrogation.

“Those stuff happen to famous guys that go to bars. They are advised not to, but you know, they’re human beings too. She probably wanted to take advantage on him. Do you remember how she looked like so that we can take the tapes and identify her maybe.”

“Uhh yes. She was having long, curly black hair. I couldn’t see her face properly because of the smoke and dark surroundings, but I say she was wearing a pink dress. Sleeveless. And really, really short. Big boo-…chest. That’s all I could see.”

“It’s alright. Please give us your ID and we will call you tomorrow for more information, is that ok?” the second officer, who was somewhat cute I might add, asked me politely.

“Yes. It’s alright.” I nodded and sighed, Donghae getting heavier and heavier.

“We can’t ID him in his state and we can’t take your words that he is this famous guy, so we ask you to maybe take him to your place? Otherwise he will spend the night in jail because we don’t have bedrooms at the station.”

“Oh…” that was all that my mind kept telling me. Poor guy, waking up in jail, all innocent. I couldn’t do that to my bias. “I-I’ll take him to my place.”

“And you can come with him tomorrow for more questions. He will for sure fill a complaint.”

“I understand. We will be there. Thank you so much for help.”

“And….” The second officer wanted to add something, but he was interrupted by the first one.

“Don’t you think about it.” He looked at his colleague, acknowledging what was happening. “You have that look.”

The second one rubbed his nape, a bit embarrassed. “I was going to ask you out…”

I widened my eyes because what was going on?! With all happening I couldn’t think straight and I was taken aback. I smiled at him and inside my brain was this war between two voices: one said that maybe Donghae would like me when he would wake up the next day, while the other one said that no way a handsome guy like him would look at me differently, so I answered. “I’d like that.”

He had those deep blue eyes and I was pretty sure he had golden locks hidden in that hat of his. He was tall, solid and he had freaking dimples. How can somebody resist that? “Is this your real number?” he asked, pointing at the information I gave them earlier.

“Yes. Y-you can call me on it.” I blushed, not believing he would hit on me while being on duty.

He smiled and laughed awkwardly. “I normally don’t do this. My colleague can reassure you that. He knows how I behave from previous situations. We can talk about them at dinner. And I can’t message you while you have an opened case at the station, but after it’s all over, we can go out.”

“It’s fine. I will wait for your call.” I smiled back at him. He kept smiling to me and I couldn’t help mimic his action. He seemed kind and cute.

“Great. Then I should probably leave you. He seems quite heavy.” He pointed at the sleepy Donghae in my arms.

“He’s dozing off and yes, he’s so heavy.” I rolled my eyes and felt a bit awkward about everything.

“I’m calling you a cab.” He threw me another charming smile, going by the rode and calling the cab.

“Thank you.” I tried my best to put Donghae in the back sit and I turned around to see that the guy left. He just left. That was…weird. But you know, somebody’s luck in love can be that terrible.