fin

New York City

 

New York City, please go easy on me tonight
New York City, please go easy on this heart of mine

------------------

To Wendy, New York City wasn’t the most romantic place in the world. No, definitely not. Not by a long shot. Not when she had traveled all around the world to places like Vienna, Prague, and Paris, all locations where couples outnumbered solo wanderers and romance floated in the air.   

She had always been slightly jealous of the couples that scattered the streets around her, many of them took pictures together, shared food at restaurants, even danced together under the streetlights blissfully unaware of anyone else around them. Just being around it all made her feel like a lonely little hermit, but never had Wendy felt so single as when a couple on the Charles Bridge in Prague asked her to take a picture of them. At first, they were normal pictures, looking at each other's eyes, holding hands, even a back hug while leaning over the edge, but then, the man promptly picked up his girlfriend and proceeded to shove his tongue down  right in front of her and the camera. Gross.  

Most of the time she was fine with being alone, minus the occasional mental breakdown she had over the chance of never finding anyone, but being an idol, Wendy understood that she couldn’t necessarily have everything that she wanted. So, instead of having a boyfriend, or in her closeted case, a girlfriend, she had Seulgi.  

Seulgi.   

Beautiful, round, soft, and sturdy Seulgi. Wendy’s rock and best friend in the whole wide world Seulgi. The Seulgi that held her when she was scared, calmed her down when she began to doubt herself, and completed her in all the places she felt incomplete. Everyone was aware that they went together like a pair of gloves. Sooyoung had even said that they went well together on their trip for the level up project. The fans even found the dynamic no jam duo cute. One time when Wendy was lurking on her secret twitter, she saw a tweet stating that God knew Seulgi needed a second half, and that’s why he made Wendy come along. She couldn’t agree more. Seulgi was perfect for her, and she was perfect for Seulgi.  

Seulgi had been there when Wendy got done taking pictures of the saliva sharing couple. Patiently waiting, trying to hold in her laughter, and offering Wendy one of her signature bear hugs to help hide her from embarrassment. That day, Seulgi had let her grumble on and on about couples and love and being single all while gently rubbing her thumb along the back of Wendy’s hand.   

From the Czech Republic to Austria, every single place that Wendy had traveled to recently, Seulgi had been there right beside her, their current trip to New York being no exception. The long flight from Korea had consisted of Seulgi’s peaceful snoring and the soft whir of the plane as it silently glided through the night. They had landed a little after 1 pm in New York local time and right away, a well-rested Seulgi was talking Wendy’s ear off about visiting all the tourist spots in the big city. The goofiest smile was on the older girl's face as she talked, and who was Wendy to deny her anything? Being whipped for the main dancer of her group had gotten her many places in life, one of them being here on some random street in Brooklyn taking millions of pictures of a kissy face Seulgi. (Not that she minded, Seulgi was pretty and Wendy was just a little bit in love.) 

They were in the city for a photoshoot for Marie Claire, but other than that the girls had free reign on how they were to spend their time, something Seulgi had taken the liberty of controlling. From High Line park to going to the MOMA, Seulgi planned to drag her shorter companion everywhere. Wendy of course didn’t mind, as long as Seulgi was happy, she was happy. 

“Seungwan-ah!” Seulgi ran up to her nudging her shoulder. “Let’s take a picture together in front of the river!” Wendy didn’t even have time to answer before she felt Seulgi tug at her sweater sleeve towards the edge of the Hudson.  

Looking around for someone to take the pictures, Wendy spotted a girl sitting down reading a book near them. 

“Hi, sorry to bother you but, do you mind taking a picture of us?” She asked, gesturing back to a happy Seulgi who, when gestured to, waved enthusiastically at the girl. 

“Of course,” the stranger said grabbing Wendy’s phone and motioning for Wendy to go pose.  

As soon as she got within arm's reach of Seulgi, the taller girl’s arms were reaching for her, wrapping her up in the familiar embrace that she loved more than she was ready to admit out loud. Seulgi’s arms held her tight around the shoulders as hers found their way around the other girl's waist locking her hands together behind her back. It felt natural like this, it felt like home to Wendy, felt like a warm plate of brownies on a winter night or a cold lemonade in the heat of summer. It felt like Seulgi.  

After a couple of pictures smiling at the camera, Wendy turned to glance at her best friend and found that mellow brown eyes were already gazing at her, a twinkle dancing in them.  

“You look pretty Wannie.” 

The simple complement shouldn’t have affected her that much, especially after being together for so long, but Wendy still felt a blush start creeping up her neck.  After one final picture of Wendy making a kissy face at Seulgi and Seulgi making one at the camera, Wendy unwrapped herself from Seulgi and shuffled over to the girl holding her phone thanking her quietly as she looked through the pictures. 

“Don’t mention it, your girlfriend and you are cute.” The girl said before looking at a slowly approaching Seulgi. 

“Oh we, oh well we actually- “before Wendy could stutter out an explanation, she felt Seulgi’s warm hand slide into hers causing her to tear her eye away from the stranger. When she looked back, the girl was already walking away, waving to them over her shoulder before disappearing behind a corner.  

“The girl thought we were a couple,” Wendy laughed out after a minute, ears burning red. 

“We are a couple Wannie, we always have been, we just don’t kiss...” a smirk spread on Seulgi’s face “yet.” 

Wide-eyed and blushing, Wendy let Seulgi drag her deeper into the busy streets of New York City. The most romantic city in the world as long as Seulgi was with her. 

 

-----------------------------------------------

Tada! Hope you enjoyed! Come chat with me on twitter, I don't bite unless you want! (Ew ew ew ew)

-Beardoodlez ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Twitter: Wenrenehye

CC: Jeongrene 

P.S.  yall can thank my friend for this @ brit