Yewon week #1 : Diary

Yewon short stories collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His feet stopped as Jongwoon’s eyes were caught by the TV at a store he was walking pass. A group of boys was singing on stage, they didn’t seem much older than him, were they called DBSK? Jongwoon asked himself as he remembered that name somewhere.

 

Being an idol seemed to be amazing huh, these guys debuted and were living his dream there, the dream Jongwoon would never be able to reach. 

 

It was impossible for him.

 

The 18 years old clenched his fist as he felt his tear welling in his eyes with the thought of his final decision to give up on trying to be a trainee to become a singer. His family didn’t have that money to support him. 

 

Jongwoon just graduated from high school not long ago and originally he planned to audition to train in one of those entertainment companies but that needs a lot of time and money...

 

His mother who adopted him and raised him for years fell sick and the boy didn’t hesitate to use his saving for her... without letting her know. She wanted him to follow his dream. 

 

His adopted mother was a kind woman, she always treated him like her own son and he wanted to do something for her in return. He worked any part-time job he could find while at the same time making his plan to save her beloved bakery.

 

It would be closed and sold without his mother, and he knew how much she loves that place... Jongwoon wanted to save it and keep it. His current plan was to learned how people operate their small cafe, it became a popular trend.

 

The teen didn’t have any idea how that worked but he determined to learn and adapt. He ended up visited from one small and nice cafe to another, other a cheap drink and sketched down his idea in his sketch book.

 

He started to like this a lot actually, in high school he didn’t have money to waste in sitting and chatting in cafe like his classmates so Jongwoon thought he might have no interest in them but now? He felt different.

 

He looked at the flyer in his hand, discount for cake and drink? He might get a slice of cake home for Heechul too, his older brother worked hard as hell In a restaurant just to support him during this time that their mother was in hospital.

 

He wanted that man to rest but Heechul refused and acted strong... Jongwoon knew the older was enduring a lot... for him. That that have more strength for Jongwoon. 

 

He needed more of that push, he still felt like he was going to a path of blur and he was unsure how he would achieve anything from this? Or would he be left without a stable job for the rest of his life...? He was still a confused teenager after all.

 

He stepped into the newly opened cafe, it wasn’t too crowded but the arrangement of interior and decoration was nice and relaxing for him. The scent of coffee already became Jongwoon’s favorite scent.

 

After ordering his coffee and cake, Jongwoon sat down by the window and while the teen put his bag down, his eyes found an old tiny book lying under the table pitifully. He thought a but before picking the book up and brushed any dust away from it.

 

He took a few rounds of looks to see what kind of book was that and still didn’t get any idea so he decided to open it out of curiosity.

 

It was hand written, really neat hand writing anyway, Jongwoon can’t relate to that— he thought as he flipped more pages.

 

[ today, mother didn’t come to my musical at school... it’s okay. I think she already made it clear at the dinner table that she didn’t like me being there. If that was what mother wanted, I will quit. ]

 

[ I quitted the acting club, I think mother was happy about it, she asked the maid to baked my favorite cake, cheesecake! I am happy that she’s proud of me again. ]

 

[ I lied. I cried in secret in my room, I want to do acting, I want to do singing, I only wish she would support me... ]

 

 

“ oh — it’s a diary! “ Jongwoon’s widened, he got lost and emotional reading a few pages before realizing it was someone’s diary and he shouldn’t look at anyone’s diary.

 

Not to mention, this one seemed... really sad... he didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter