chapter one // first sight

You.

Haseul was starstruck.

She was lost for words, in awe and everything in between.

She was standing there in her high school art class, in the heart of Seongnam, and in said art class she was looking at a girl. She felt embarrassed that she was just standing there, basically staring, but she couldn't help it. She was laying eyes on the most beautiful girl she's ever seen. Her gorgeous figure, her picture perfect face and Haseul's favourite part of her so far, her pink hair. Her pink hair that was flowing down on her shoulders.

"Whatcha doin' there Seul?"

Haseul snapped back to reality when she heard her friend, Jinsoul asking her a simple question.

"I.. er...um... I was just... standing?" Haseul replied with, her reply filled with embarrassment, adrenaline and her racing thoughts. She hoped Jinsoul didn't notice, but those thoughts were quickly put to bed when her friend responded.

"Seulie, were you staring at Kahei over there?" Jinsoul responds with, with a quiet giggle at the end.

Haseul froze, her friend caught her staring. She felt her face turn red as she thought of a reply, but the words didn't come.

"Huh? Who... what... I wasn't... I..." Haseul stuttered and stammered and looking blankly at Jinsoul, as her friend laughed and giggled at Haseul's embarrassed and clearly shaken appearance.

"I saw you! I saw you! And now you're embarrassed like a cute little eight year old! Tell me, do you have a crush on Kahei down there, hmm? Do you love her pink hair and her-"

"Yah! Stop talking Jinsoul"

Haseul yelled at the top of her very lungs at her friend, surprising the whole class and the teacher who were shocked at the usually quiet girl's sudden event of anger at her dearest friend.

"Jo Haseul, any reason why you're yelling at poor Jinsoul  down there?" Her teacher asked her urgently.

"Uhhh... we were just joking! Nothing to worry about haha..." Haseul responded the best she could with a laughing and jolly Jinsoul next to her.

The teacher gave her one last look and went back to working on her papers as the class settled back down. Haseul still embarrassed and she quickly takes another look at the pink haired girl.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The day was over, finally for Haseul as she walked down the corridor to her locker as she was surrounded by a horde of eager students ready to go home.

Haseul just wanted some peace and quiet. She still felt embarrassed at the scene she created with Jinsoul and the rest of class back in art, she just wanted to go home and get over it, but she couldn't stop thinking about the girl she has finally seen, Kahei.

Haseul was questioning to herself, how has she never seen this girl before? The girl was for sure eye catching, as she clearly caught Haseul's keen eye. She was also wondering, why did she catch Haseul's eye? There were plenty other girls in her high school, but none of them quite caught her eye like what Kahei was capable of. Haseul knew this wasn't the end, and she was happy about that. 

Haseul got off her bus and began to walk the half mile back to her home. She was in a conflicted mood, both happy she found a girl like Kahei, but also sad that nothing might come of her new discovery. During the first few steps of her walking home, she received a message and of course it was from her beloved and best friend, Jinsoul.

from: jinsolie 

still thinking about kahei are ya? well, me and jungeun will get some "insider information" on her, love ya haseul!"

She couldn't believe what she just read, Jinsoul and her girlfriend Jungeun were really out here acting like some paparazzi. She couldn't with these two girls.

She finally reached home and flopped down onto her bed with a deep sigh, still with the sight of Kahei engrained in her head. She smiled at the thought of holding hands with her, with her pink hair flowing beautifully in the wind. She snapped back to reality once again as her mother greeted her, asking her the basic motherly questions about school. She changed into her casual clothes and got comfortably into bed and opened her phone to see what was happening in her world.

Her thoughts about Kahei stuck with her for the whole night, even when she was trying to sleep. Haseul thought she was a loser, weirdo and a creep, she couldn't rationalise being this crazed about a girl within the day of seeing her, not even meeting her. She then thought back to Jinsoul promising to find her some "insider information", no Haseul didn't know what she meant by "insider information", but she was curious on what the duo of Jinsoul and Jungeun could find out about the pink haired beauty.