Can't keep my eyes off you

Spell Caster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, happy Seulrene day. I always wanted to write something based on what Irene said about how whenever Seulgi does anything she can’t take her eyes off of her, like no matter what she has to look at her, and it stuck with me, it was rather profound to be honest. So it’ll mostly be told from her perspective, how she sees Seulgi, how Seulgi affects her, you get it. Okay, please enjoy.


 



 

Bae Joohyun told herself that she wouldn’t come here again, under any circumstances, she would not come back here again, but here she is, standing on the side, away from the larger crowd of people who have also gathered to see the street performer’s dance act. There was something about the woman that had captivated Joohyun to the point that she ignored the fact that she told herself she would not come back here again, and yet, as soon as her shift ended at work, Joohyun found herself right here. It was almost as if she had no mind of her own these days. No thoughts other than this woman. 

 

The woman was simply beautiful, like an art, a moving art as she didn’t miss a single step in her sharp, yet powerful moves. Joohyun has wondered if the reason she comes here so often is because the woman reminds her of when she once used to dance too, back in college, before real life hit, and she had to find a suitable job that paid well. Sometimes she missed it, the freedom of dance and expressing herself, just like the way this woman is dancing freely. But was that the reason, Bae Joohyun wasn’t really sure herself.

 

Perhaps, she just really found the woman fascinating. Yes, that was probably it. She was fascinated beyond words, and not only by how the dancer moved. She was truly a gorgeous woman, maybe it was her eyes?

 

Sharp monolids that were bright, so bright that Joohyun felt like they were like liquid honey almost. Not that her eyes were the only gorgeous thing about her, because truly her face itself was heavenly. How can one person be both beautiful and have handsome features too? 

 

Maybe, it was those lips. Yes, probably without a doubt those full, soft-looking pink lips that Joohyun knows she stared at those lips many times, probably as many times as she has come out here to watch her dance. Joohyun was staring at them now even, and had to force herself to look at her dancing. She really was a phenomenal dancer.




 

And then, the brown-haired woman looked up toward her for a split second, their eyes met and Joohyun felt that rush of excitement surging through her. Come to think of it, this is the first time the dancer had ever looked her way. Joohyun doesn’t think she’ll forget that moment, the moment where they shared eye contact. The dance performance comes to an end, and people are clapping loudly, shouting to her how amazing she is, some even leaving money in a Nike’s cap that was sitting by her duffle bag. It’s not long before the majority of the crowd starts to disperse and before she realizes it fully. She is standing a mere feet away from the dancer, who is collecting her things.

 

“It’s interesting they think this hat is here for money.” The woman speaks and Joohyun’s eyes are focused onto her, it’s really like no matter what Joohyun can’t help to look at her.

 

“Is it not?” Joohyun whispers, since she also assumed that perhaps that hat was there for people to place money in. The woman turns around to face her fully, and Joohyun knows she is probably definitely hypnotized by those warm bright monolid eyes of hers, is it safe to be so enthralled by someone so soon? Joohyun wants to blame it all on the fact that the woman is a great dancer, though she knows that’s not the only reason. 

 

“I just didn’t want to dance with my hat on.” She laughs, eyes forming pretty crescent shapes. “But, it’ll go to a good cause.” She counts the bills and places them safely into her wallet that immediately goes into her duffel bag.

 

“This is the first time you’ve stuck around this long.”

 

It shouldn’t surprise Joohyun that the dancer noticed her before. Joohyun has only been coming out here without fail, since she first stumbled upon the dancer’s street performance.

 

“I wanted to tell you I really enjoy your dance performances.” Joohyun ends up saying, as it makes the most sense, and helps her not look like some weirdo just standing around after everyone has left already, and she has wanted to say to the dancer how much she enjoys her performances out here. The dancer smiles in thanks.

 

“Thanks, I’m not a professional or anything, but…”
 

Joohyun is looking at her with wide eyes. Did this woman just say she’s not a professional, when she dances like she’s been training at it for years. Joohyun is staring at her so long that the dancer laughs a bit as she stops talking.

 

“Did I say something wrong?”

 

“No,” Joohyun shakes her head. “I just can’t believe you’re not a professional when you dance incredibly.”

 

“Ah,” she smiles again, slightly embarrassed and somewhat shy, it’s endearing to Joohyun to think this woman who had just danced so fiercely and powerfully, like she was the baddest woman in the area, is also kind of adorable too. It honestly does things to Joohyun’s heart, she feels a warm sensation running through her, and god does she hope she’s not blushing too much.

 

“Well, that’s probably the nicest thing I heard all day, thank you. I should get going though, but maybe I’ll see you again, for the next dance performance.”

 

Joohyun wanted to at least ask for her name. She didn’t want to just think about this woman as the pretty stranger, though now that they’ve spoken some, they aren’t fully strangers anymore. Only, by the time Joohyun had gathered up enough courage to ask for her name. The dancer had already grabbed her belongings and was gone from sight.

 

“So much for that…” Joohyun sighs, and tells herself the next time she would get the name as well.



 

Just when Bae Joohyun was already impressed by the dancer. She found out something else one day.

 

The dancer was also an artist.

 

The next time Joohyun sees the brunette it’s not because of dancing, but another art form. Joohyun was grabbing herself a hot chocolate from her favorite cafe, having been craving for the sweet drink for days now. She turned to find herself a quiet corner in the cafe so that she could maybe listen to her music, and journal in her favorite purple leather bound book, when she spotted familiar monolid eyes first before taking in the fact she had her brown hair in a high ponytail that showed off cute round shape ears. If Joohyun wasn’t careful she’d be whipped for this woman in no time, though she probably already was as she found herself walking over to the table where the woman sat.

 

“She’s drawing…”

 

Joohyun found that again she couldn’t look away, even if she wanted to. Because this woman grabbed her attention in ways like she wasn’t familiar with. Still, she stood there hot chocolate in hand watching as the woman sketched in her book, and she was a great artist too. The drawing on the page looked so lifelike that Joohyun for a moment thought it would come off the page soon. 

 

“Want to join me?”

 

The question snaps her out of her thoughts and she turns to the brunette who is sitting there smiling up at her.

 

“Oh, hi, I apologize for just staring like some sort of creep.” Joohyun laughs. “I promise I’m not, but your drawing was so eye catching.”

 

“I don’t think you’re a creep at all, besides how could I be weirded out when such a beautiful woman is standing in front of me.”

 

Amazing dancer woman/artist was a flirt. Joohyun knows for sure she has a red face. Now, she has heard people tell her often she’s pretty, beautiful, gorgeous, all those sorts of adjectives that she has become desensitized in a way to such words. This time, the way this woman says it, in such a sincere way makes her feel good. Good enough to accept the compliment and not just give her a plain thank you. 

 

“Sit, this table is big enough, and you should drink your hot chocolate before it gets cold.”

 

When it’s said that way, how can Joohyun turn down the offer. She sits down across from the other woman, and that’s how she spent most of her cafe time, watching as the pretty woman sketched, and Joohyun found that she didn’t mind this at all, just watching her draw. 

 

“You’re not a professional artist, right?” Joohyun gives a bit of a tease, proud of herself for feeling this comfortable already, since she normally would not be this open already with a stranger. There is something about the woman that makes her not only intrigued but comfortable too, like she must know her more, know everything about her, and have this woman know all things about her too. All in good time, of course.

 

“How’d you know?” she is teasing her too, and they end up sharing a laugh over it.

 

“Just a guess.”

 

The raven-haired woman ends up having such a good time just talking to her dancer-woman (she still has no name for her), that by the time she realized again that she still didn’t get her name. The brunette was already leaving the cafe, but promising they’d meet again.

 

“Really, Hyun.” Joohyun mentally sighs. “All this time you spent talking to her and you still didn’t catch her name.”


 

Joohyun went out about her regular routine, going to work, getting home, occasionally going out to treat herself to a dinner, or something she liked. Bae Joohyun was very much a homebody and preferred quiet places rather than noisy ones. That didn’t mean she hadn’t gone out in hopes of seeing her dancer woman, just like the day she had seen her at the cafe. Though, it always seems that when you want something the most, you don’t get it. Things like this tend to happen when you least expect it, and the day she saw the brunette again, was also the day Joohyun learned her name.

 

Joohyun didn’t learn her name because the woman told her. No, she only learned it because she overheard someone calling out to her, as she headed over to set up for the dance performance later. Joohyun took a chance coming here this evening, even though it had been awhile since she saw the dancer out here. Something told Joohyun to go tonight and to her surprise there was the monolid woman, and she was entirely distracting with her black sleeveless shirt that showed off her abs. Joohyun had to remind herself to not stare at her too much, but it was easier said than done. The woman was too attractive even doing the bare minimum of standing there.

 

“Hey, Seulgi.” Someone calls out to her, waving. “You’ll be dancing tonight, right? I’ve already told my friends to come check out your performance.

 

“Seulgi…” Joohyun thinks, testing the name out for herself. How do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter