move on - lee know x soojin

strayidle oneshots

 

it was supposed to be our day. our third anniversary, then why. why did your dumb ex answer the door for me without a shirt on, he even had the audacity to ask me who i am. I know your reason why he didn’t know, it’s because you didn’t talk to him, at least from what I've seen. I left your doorstep after telling him to give a letter to you.

 

i wrote it just in case you fell out of love based on what i’ve seen, i guess i was right. i ran into one of your friends at the park. “Minho oppa” I turned to see and Yuqi and Shuhua were in-front of me holding three ice creams. they both glanced at each other before giving me one.

 

 They sat beside me under the tree and gave a comfortable silence that I needed. “isn’t today your anniversary with soojin unnie?” I looked over at the young taiwanese girl and faintly smiled at her and released a sigh. “she broke a heart. my heart ``Shuhua looked surprised and felt guilty.

 

i can read facial expressions so i motioned circles on her back telling her i’m fine and i was half expecting it. yuqi tackled me with a back hug so that caused me and the girls to fall and laughed at our fallen ice cream. They hung out with me until I felt a little better. 

 

“are you sure you’re okay now, oppa?” Yuqi asked as I was about to ride the bus home. I looked back at Yuqi who was obviously worried while Shuhua was asleep on her shoulder. We did have a long day of just running around not caring about anyone. “I'll just have to confront her about it, don't i?” Yuqi nodded and I stepped inside the bus 

 

The scary part was confronting you about everything, even though I already had a good idea when it started, I was still scared so I stayed inside for two more rounds before leaving the bus.

 

I reached home expecting you to be inside, to explain something, anything but you didn’t. I was only greeted with my three cats that loved me till the end. I went to bed without even changing clothes, and thought about everything that happened within just one day. 

 

I started out happy buying a bouquet of flowers and a matching necklace and bracelet for you and me. to remind you that I'm understanding whatever it is you want to explain to me. In the end, I never gave the necklace and ended up giving the matching jewelry to yuqi and shuhua, not even telling them it’s for us.

 

I cried myself to sleep that night. thinking that i wasn’t enough for you, i tried so hard, and i thought i succeeded after you said yes to my confession but it looks like it was still lacking and you probably felt pity.

 

I didn't see you in-front of my apartment like usual, I guess you were avoiding me. I drove to Yuqi and Shuhua's apartment after the two practically begged me to pick them up. 

 

The two were still bickering even after I parked the car. I should've bought earphones, but Songie played with it and eventually broke it. I sighed and looked back at the two and gave them a glare, eyes telling them to stop. they did and smacked on shuhua’s morning chips.

 

We were the most popular couple of the school, and everyone envied that I got the SEO SOOJIN to date me until yesterday. I was on cloud nine when you said yes and thought I hit the jackpot. I was understanding to the point I'd forgive you even if you forgot our anniversary, gave you space if you wanted me to, maybe a little too much and we never got into a fight. I'd give you everything you want, and you threw it all away.

 

i was minding my own business, talking with jisung and hyunjin, walking around the campus then suddenly, your ex came and punched me in the face and caused me to fall back “YAH LEE HOETEAK WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING?'' I didn’t feel anything, a white flashed before my eyes and I fainted.

 

woke up to the smell of disinfectant and was greeted by a white ceiling. judging by those two things, i was at the nurse’s office. I sat up, with my back leaning on the hard, cold iron headboard. i felt someone on the foot of my bed that i didn’t notice, i looked over and saw you. sleeping peacefully with your eyes red and puffy.

 

I was confused as to why you were here. Were you worried? Were you here for some other reason? it must be the latter. I saw some medicine at the bedside and took it before dashing out of the room before you woke up.

 

“Hyung, aren’t you supposed to be resting?” I loved over at Seungmin as he sat down beside me while Jeongin nodded in agreement. “I’m fine, you guys. I took the medicine prepared for me” I assured, while Hyunjin and Felix glanced at each other in worry. “I heard all about it from Shuhua” Well, she should’ve shut but after remembering how she’s dating Hyunjin, I guess it was to be expected. 

 

“You okay now, Minho?” Chan Hyung asked as he sat down with the rest of us . “been way worse, so I’m fine” I shrugged it off and continued to eat. I wasn't bothered to even know what the guys were talking about. not until you came through the doors, balling your eyes out on miyeon’s shoulder. you were a big deal at school, everyone wanted to be you. so when you came in, people started to stare into my soul and looking so obvious with my cold looking face, they started whispering to each other.

 

I was walking to the nearest vending machine when you suddenly came out of nowhere and dragged me all the way to the rooftop. “Soojin-ah” I called out but you were still looking down on the floor, gripping my wrists. “Soojin” I tried again but you still didn’t answer. I sighed frustratedly “Seo Soojin” I firmly said and you slowly raised your head up and I saw your eyes, bloodshot red.

 

“I’m sorry” those two words were the only things that came out of your mouth. I faintly smiled and wiped your tears. “to be honest, i kinda expected it. you fell out of love, and you were probably getting annoyed because of me. it happens, these things happen. I should be the one who’s sorry, I wasn't enough and I let you go without even noticing”. I sighed and kissed your forehead as you looked at me with those teary eyes again.

 

“I’ll set you free, Seo Soojin” 

 

I can feel my eyes tear up too when you didn’t have anything to say and let your tears fall down. I wish I could wipe those for you, but you aren’t mine anymore.

 

“let’s move on from now on”