The beginning

The Bus Station

The sun is shining brightly over the Japanese city, the cotton candy clouds are moving on the blue canvas indicating that it is almost noon on a clear summer morning.

As usual, the streets of Tokyo at 12:00 AM are occupied by crowds of people heading to different places or to the same place. The skyscrapers of the big corporations have almost reached the sky, while the street restaurants no longer cope with the customers already hungry after a busy morning at work.

In front of a huge poster, tactfully pasted on one of the three walls of the central bus station, a young man who seems to be in his first year of high school is looking at it completely shocked. He is wearing a dark blue uniform consisting of a pair of jeans with a white shirt open at the first two buttons, a black tie and a jacket of the same colour as the jeans.

The strands of intense black hair fall over his white and immaculate face while the eyes of a stunning brown that sparkle like the most precious diamonds in the spotlight outline the image of a handsome boy. Without realizing it on the lower lip, a trickle of blood that resulted from the too serious bite appeared, but the young boy didn’t seem to realize it.

- Ren? Ren?

Suddenly the voice of a guy from behind is heard. He approaches with small steps and he seems to be caught in the same spell of the poster.

Compared to the boy from earlier, the one who just arrived seems a year older. His body is slimmer, a few centimetres taller, and his red hair, olive skin and green eyes complete this image.

- I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. Said the brunette, turning to the one who had just come.

He tried to sketch a smile of complacency, but realized he didn't get it right when the green eyes began to question him as if unconscious.

- I'm fine, Shin, you don't have to worry, I was just watching…

- Then why is blood flowing from your mouth, you fool?

With gentle movements he took a handkerchief from his pocket, wiping the red liquid that had already spilled on his friend's chin.

He wanted to say so much, he wanted to scold him, to hug him, but he knew that so much time had passed, that he had done all of the above countless times, but the result was the same, whenever Ren saw a picture of that person, he started to behave this way.

Shin had many memories of the incident that happened two years ago, an event that many would most likely want to forget.

- It's okay, we'd better go eat something fast before we go home. Even though we only had a few hours in high school, I still feel drained of strength, is it from the heat?

- I think it's because you only sleep a few hours a night because of the games.

- How quickly you move from one state of being to another.

 Shin added, putting his hands on his hips, visibly irritated by his friend's words.

But he felt better seeing that the earlier focus had shifted to a normal discussion.

The two left the bus station trying to find a less crowded street restaurant.

The days of August were a real hassle, at noon the temperature reach unimaginable degrees, you simply feel that you are going to make yourself one with the asphalt or that you are breathing the air inside of a volcano.

Shin and Ren started to walk casually on the street in the capital's shopping centre, both on the left and on the right side huge buildings with billboards stretched for miles are visible, in the middle is a street littered with cars and exasperated drivers honking at each pedal and on their right side cafes, cake shops and various restaurants displayed their offerings on tablets decorated in various ways to attract as many customers as possible.

After about 15 minutes of walking, the two stopped in front of a panda-themed cafe, it seemed to be the perfect place for a snack, especially because it had air conditioning.

They sat at the first table in the corner, the other five being apparently occupied by couples and in the left corner by two girls who were watching videos on the phone.

Ren took off his black jacket, rolling up the sleeves of his white shirt that sat perfectly over his small, frail body.

The waitress appeared immediately, leaving the two menus on the table, then disappeared into the building.

Shin reviews the menu with a serious face, closes it loudly and puts it back.

- I think I already know what I want, I come here so often that I don't know why I open the menu.

Ren looked at him with a bored face, then looked back at the menu, flipping through the pages without deciding on something.

- Here they have the best matcha cakes, they are made of fresh rice, not very sweet and pudding with milk. Have you ever tried?

Ren shook his head, keeping his eyes on the pages with pictures and descriptions.

- You could try, you can taste mine if you will not decide to order the same thing.

- I decided on a strawberry cake and a latte.

Said the brunette, removing the rebellious strands of hair with his fingertips.

- Ahhh! Exclaimed the redhead, smiling.

After a few minutes, the waitress returned with the ones ordered by the two boys through the application and after making sure that everything was in order, she went to the front table to collect the money.