The Audition

The Devil Wears Converse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

      Friday afternoon, the rain was pouring in Seoul. Joohyun stood in front of the mirror—showing her full body image, wearing not-so-baggy pants and long-sleeved cropped top. It was comfortable but looked stylish anyway. She took a deep breath and stared into her eyes in the reflection. 

      "You can do this."  Joohyun whispered to herself repeatedly. She started doing her stretching routine and then relaxed her muscles. 

 

      After a few minutes passed, Joohyun pulled her hair up and tied it in a bun, then wore her coat. She puts her earphones on securely and puts the music on in maximum volume. She grabbed her bag then her keys and umbrella.

      Joohyun made her way out of the apartment. She took her steps in a rhythmic way, synchronizing with the music in her ears. A vibe was building up in her as she hummed, that was she needed for today's audition. She kept her moves light, trying not to caught attention and eyes from people who were passing by. 

 

      The bus arrived at the bus stop, Joohyun hopped on and took a seat. She pulled her phone out to change the music that she had prepared for her audition, it started playing Dua Lipa's 'Don't Start Now'. Her hands danced to the song, recalling what she had choreographed. 

      Throughout the trip, she was listening to the same song. She was too focused that she almost forgot her stop.

 

      The bus stopped, Joohyun got off and didn't bother to take her umbrella out, so she jogged her way into the building. It wasn't that far from the bus stop to make her completely soaked. When she entered the building, she immediately took off her wet coat. She was caught off guard when someone approached her.

      "Hi, are you auditioning?" a stranger asked Joohyun. She thought it was probably just one of those who works at the company, and she nodded for a response. "Well, you better hurry, it will start in a few minutes." the stranger said.

      "Really?" Joohyun grunted softly. "I thought I was early."

      "It'll be held on the second floor, the first studio—" before the stranger could finish the sentence, Joohyun cut her off. 

      "I know where it will be held but thanks." Joohyun smiled at the stranger and left. The stranger just smiled and watched Joohyun rushed upstairs. Of course Joohyun knows, all of who will audition knows.

 

      When Joohyun was about to enter in the studio, she decided to open the door slowly. It was bright once she opened the door, she saw the auditionees were busy practicing in front of the mirror. She sneaked in, unnoticed and stayed in the corner of the room. She looked around and estimated that they were around twenty-five who will audition. The studio was big enough to accompany all the auditionees, she thought. She expected though that they're will be about fifty or more who will audition.

 

      A minute passed, a girl walked in wearing a black shirt, a jogger and a pair of Chucks. "Good afternoon!" the girl said loud enough to hear. 

      The auditionees' stopped what they're doing, they payed respect and bowed. 

 

      "Hello, I'm Kang Seulgi one of the dancers of The Dance Space. As you can notice, all of you here are girls. For those who don't know it yet, I'm managing an all-girl group," Seulgi introduced. The girls were quiet, anticipating for more Seulgi's words. 

 

      "Before we start, let me introduce the other judge for this audition. I have here with me, the dancing queen—please welcome, Ms Kim Hyoyeon!" Seulgi exclaimed and clapped when she introduced the name of the guest. 

 

      The auditionees looked surprised with their widened eyes, they gave Hyoyeon around of applause as she walked into the room. Seulgi hugged her as she welcomed her.

      Hyoyeon bowed at the auditionees, and they did as well.

 

      "Hello girls! I'm glad to be part of this audition. So I'm here to help Seulgi find new dancers for her troupe," Hyoyeon patted Seulgi's back. "And I would like to thank her for inviting me." 

      Seulgi nodded. "It's a pleasure," she said. "Please say something to our girls here before we begin."

      "Oh yes," Hyoyeon looked at the girls in front of her. "I want you girls to always believe in yourself. I know it's easier said than done but if you don't make it through this audition, it's not the end of you as a dancer, don't doubt on what you are capable of. That's all. Good luck, girls!" 

 

      The girls clapped and thanked Hyoyeon. The auditioners—Seulgi and Hyoyeon went to their table. A staff gave them the files of who will be auditioning and set a camera beside them, recording each performance of the dancers.

      The auditionees took their seats on the floor, leaving a wide space on the center.

 

     "Let's start. First up, Kim Jisoo." Seulgi called out the first dancer while she scanned her paper. 

 

      A brunette stood up, suddenly the room was filled with silen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter