To Hangeng It Was Friendship. To Heechul It Was Love.

To Hangeng It Was Friendship. To Heechul It Was Love.
A deep inhale of the cold air outside knocked the man who stood there. Stars shone above him and he could see the whole of Seoul from this point, the top of his apartment building. How he wished things could go back to the way they were before he left.

The dark haired male wouldn't accept the news. He went about his daily routines as if all was well and his best friend was still there. Occasionally he'd even have conversations out loud with the man who was no longer present. It worried his friends and family deeply. They were losing the once happy and joyful boy that they had lived with.

But now he could no longer hide from reality. All the pain and emotions he had numbed to get through the hard period of life he was facing now became real. It all rushed through his veins and senses, breaking down all that strength the male had built up to ignore it.

More of the liquid passed through his lips, burning his throat and intoxicating him further. How he wanted the circumstances to be different. Even if it meant just one more day with the other. He would take anything, even just a glimpse to set his feelings at ease.

But he would never see him again. Ever. The bigger man who decided all of his moves would destroy him if he requested the chance to meet his old friend. His old love.

No one would ever understand the pain he felt. No one would ever understand the emotions he felt. No one would ever understand the coldness he felt. No one would ever understand. No one.

His heart ached yet again. He had spent so long with this man, their brotherhood was different to any other. Anything he ever worried about would be gone in a split second if he saw the latter.

The memories they had.. The relationship they shared.

Now everything was crashing down before him.

It was all so real yet all so fake. Nothing made sense anymore, and it probably never would.

The warmth and care this man gave him compared to no other. Everyone else saw him to a be a strong man who never broke down, not even in front of the mirror.

But he saw through it.. He knew what went on behind the scenes and he worked hard to fix all the broken pieces in his friends heart. Each tear that fell would be wiped away. Each whimper that escaped would be hugged away. Each memory that was remembered would be pushed away, only leaving room for the new memories the duo would create together.

Why would he do this? Was it because they could no longer meet? Or was it because he simply lost interest in his old friend?

Either answer he would of been given would of been like a stab to the heart for the man who stood up high, looking down at the innocent citizens who were not aware of his existence yet.

He just wanted the old life he had back.

The life where at any point in the day he could go into the other room and talk to the male. The life where regardless of what he did, the other would always forgive him. The life where they were still together.

It haunted him. Thoughts of being left by this person always bothered him. And now it has happened. He was alone.. He was scared. He was heartbroken.

The male took his last steps to the side of the building. He clutched his heart and let the tears fall.

Maybe in another life they could be together...

He cautiously inched closer, his breath erratic. After one last shake of emotions, he stepped off the building, letting his body fall down to make an impact with the road below him.

To Hangeng it was friendship. To Heechul it was love.


_______________________________________________________

  I was in a sad fic writing moment. I don't know why, but I just was. And this is what came from it. I kinda got the idea for writing it to be a Hanchul one after an article I read recently about Hangeng. I generally felt Hanchul was real. You don't lock yourself in your room for three months because a 'friend' left.

  -GtopJkey xoxoxoxoxoxoxox