Worthless regrets

Turning tables
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

' When I asked God for someone I could rely on, He gave me you. 


When I prayed for a companion, you came.


But then again, I never specified how long I wanted you to stay because I thought you'd be there long enough, because I always believe God won't give me something if He didn't really want to.


I came to believe you're my own version of meant to meet but not to be. 


You're someone God sent when He knew I needed a hand. You were the instrument He sent for me to know that He is always by my side. And your existence was a blessing of a once in a lifetime.


And then,


I prayed again. 


Losing you was too much for me- the pain, the loneliness, the part of that me i lost having you. I begged God for a lifetime healing. This time, i asked for the remedy i deserve. I prayed and waited for something that is rightfully mine. Something meant for me, meant to last. Not some temporary, experience-seeking connection, like a charitable theraphy for the broken ones who will leave once fixed. '

 


This wasn't the morning Irene imagined she'd wake up to. This wasn't what she planned. And the tears and pain she's feeling right now was beyond words, it was something she never expected she would feel. All the choices she made yesterday were paying off. The price was too much, regrets hit and it's unbearable.


But maybe this pain won't equal to how Seulgi felt back then. All Irene could do now was cry and endure all the pain she knew she deserve to feel after everything she caused to Seulgi. It's too late for her to take it back, too late Bae Joohyun. 


She pulled the comforter as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter