Unexplainable

Sick Day

"Looks like it's going to rain soon.." you thought, sighing sadly.

It was a sad day out today. The skies were grey and looked like it was about to rain cats and dogs any moment. You were in Jay's apartment hanging out on the couch, with a cold towel on your head, Jay's thick blanket wrapped around you, with your head on your arms, looking out the window with a sad look on your face.

"Rain, rain, go away. Come again another day..." You sang silently to yourself, hoping that it would be sunny soon.

*Sigh* You touched the window pane with your finger, feeling the coldness from outside along the glass.

You sighed despairingly once again then turn around and laid down on the couch.

You snuggled into the soft black leather couch and pulled Jay's blanket up to your nose, inhaling his intoxicating scent, even though he rarely wore any cologne.

Jay was in front of you in the living room that looked like a dance studio, practicing his moves for his concert. You and Jay were waiting for his choreographer and is backup dancers to arrive for practice.

You looked at him, amazed with his dance skills and the way he looked when concentrated on his moves.

His new album was playing in the background and he was going over all the songs, singing and dancing along to them. He works extra hard to perfect his every move for his fans that have supported him throughout everything that has happened.

♪ I just wanna know your name... ♫

He sang the last note and posed. You imitated the screaming crowd, "OPPA~ SARANGHAE~" and made a heart with your hands.

He looked up and laughed at you, he made a pretend mic and said "NADO SARANGHAE~!" and made half a heart.

"AHHH~" you imitated again.

He walked over to where the couch was and you sat up, making room for him. "You should stop doing that," he lightly scolded, "It's going to make you lose your voice."

You pulled the blanket out from under you and wrapped it around Jay, putting your head on his shoulder and snuggling into him.

"Ani," you said while shaking your head cutely, "I'm perfectly fine, just sad..." you sighed again.

He looked at you worried, "Waeyo?" he asked.

"It's not sunny outside..." you pouted, sticking out your bottom lip in the most adorable pout ever.

"You're such a big baby, " he said chuckling.

"Yah!" you playfully glared at him and punched his arm.

"Ok, ok!" he said in surrender, "You're the cutest baby," he smiled, "better?"

You rested your head back on his shoulder and nodded, "Ne~"

"Still sad?" he asked.

"A little..." you said quietly.

"Well~" he sang while stretching and wrapping his arm around you, "I know what can cheer you up" he whispered ever so softly into your ear.

You sheepishly pushed him away because it was tickling your ear and looked at him skeptically, "Really?" * cough* "What are you gong to do?" you asked him and coughed again.

He suddenly jumped off the couch doing a front flip, spun like Michael Jackson, then said, "dance with me," and bowed like a prince.

You clapped at his stunt but then, realizing that you were still sick, said, "I'm too tired to dance and I'm sick too~ :("

He looked at you with an "are-you-kidding-me-face", walked over to the couch, pulled the blanket off of you, grabbed your hands, pulled you off the couch and dragged you into the middle of the dance floor.

"Hey! I was warm~!" you said as he let go of your hands, rubbing your legs together because you were wearing shorts that day.

He laughed at you while he was walking over to the stereo system, "So~ your plan was to come over to my place, with shorts on, on a cold day by the way," he noted, "just so I could take care of you?" he asked you as he pressed play and walked back towards you.

"Hmm~ Maybe~" you laughed as you rocked back and forth on your heels, "Is it working?" you asked cutely.

He stood in front of you, "Well you tell me," he said, "I gave you my blanket, towel for your fever and medicine that I had to buy" he numbered things off with his fingers.

"Ok! Ok! I'll dance with you" you laughed as you pushed his hands away.

He smirked, "that's more like it~" he said as the chorus came on.

He took your hand and twirled you around so that you were in front of him then he started singing ever so sweetly and doing (y) body waves since that was the dance steps.

You looked into the mirror trying to copy him but it was a fail.

You had never done body waves before, you always thought it was a bit too y for you, even though you were a dancer yourself.

You heard him laugh behind you and when you opened your mouth to say something, he hushed you and put his hands on your waist, teaching you how to do body waves.

After a little while, you finally got the hang of it and decided to "impress" him a little bit...

♪ there ain't no need to go~
I wanna take it slow~
i ba me ku chi wa do
u ri ni yo ga ja go
just meet on the floor~
i will give u a show~  ♫

The chorus played and you waved to the music, dancing all the steps to the chorus, since that was the only part you knew.

He stopped dancing and stared at you amazed. "Did you learn that?" he asked as the chorus finished up.

"Why? Are you amazed?" you teasingly said.

He laughed, "Hahaha! Let me show you how a real pro does it" he said smirking.

He danced to the rest of the song, moving all around you.

You watched him in amazement and admiration. He was such a great artist and he always does his best even when he's about to pass out.

After a while it became a joke and you guys just created some corny dance moves.

You, with the sprinkler and fail shuffling and him with his weird... nothing...

He's just that good of a dancer.

The song ended and both of you fell to the floor, exhausted.

 "I'm so pooped~" you groaned as you rolled on the floor. He laughed at you, "Well do you wanna watch TV?"

You nodded as you were "planking" on the floor. He laughed once again then got up to get the remote for the TV.

You sat upright again as he came back with the remote in hand. He walked up to the mirrors and slide two of them apart, revealing the plasma TV behind them.

"What do you want to watch?" he asked as he came and sat behind you, wrapping his arms around you.

"STAR~ GOLDEN BELL!" you said imitating the MC of the show, snuggling up him and leaning your head on his broad chest.

As you were watching the show, you were thinking about what all your friends have been saying.

"Are you guys a couple?" they would ask you and Jay that every time they saw you and him snuggling with each other, but you had always thought that it was normal for best friends to be this way.

Every time your friends commented on that, it always made you wonder.

Could you and Jay be a couple? Would it work out? Would it be awkward after you guys broke up?...

The show just went to a commercial break as Jay's MV came on.

"Hey look! it's your STAR MV!" you pointed at the screen smiling. He nodded and continued playing with your hands.

He was rocking you back and forth in this arms, humming softly in your ear and playing with your hands. 

It was because of little things like this that made you wonder...

Somehow while you were watching the MV it made you feel something weird in your heart. You had never felt it before but it came up in only the intimate scenes of the MV.

 

"What's this feeling?" you questioned yourself.

You tried to take a breath to calm you down, but to your surprise, your breath came out shaky, like you were about to cry.

Jay noticed and peered at you, “Are you ok?” he asked.

You nodded in response, afraid that if you said anything your voice would crack.

“~~~~~~~, look at me.” he stated and turned you to face him. “A-are you crying?” he asked you.

“Huh?” you asked confused, you blinked, and sure enough came a cold tear rolling down your cheek…

Jay reached up to wipe the rest of the tears away but then doorbell rang.

He looked at the door and you turned your face away from him, using this moment to wipe the rest of your tears away.

He glanced back at you once more before getting up and opening the door.

The dancers filed into the house shivering since it was still cold out.

“Annyeonghaseyo~” you bowed respectfully.

“Ah~ Annyeonghaseyo~” they bowed back in return.

Jay came back from shutting the door and introduced everybody.

“~~~~~~~, these are my backup dancers,” he gestured towards them and you bowed slightly, taking notice of the girl.

“Guys, this is ~~~~~~,” he paused and glanced back at you, “my… my best friend…”

“Was there disappointment in his voice?”  you questioned, “Is he ashamed of me?”

“Well, ~~~~~~~,” the dance instructor said, “are you going to watch us?”

“Um, not exactly” you replied politely as possible, “I’ll be making food since you guys will probably be hungry after the practice.”

“Oh ok then,” he nodded then turned around to the dancers and talked to them.

You took that as a cue to leave.

Walking into the kitchen, you opened the fridge, taking out all the ingredients for your pasta recipe. Jay never shops for his own food so every week you would have to come by and give him groceries or else he would buy instant ramen noodle cups for the rest of his life.

….

Once in a while you would peek at what they were doing and was completely mesmerized by the way they moved.

But then there was the solo with the girl… 

 

You ABSOLUTELY HATED that part now, and felt even worse than before.

You finished putting the food on the plates and set them on the table.

By the time you finished with the food, they were finished with practice.

You went into the living room and called everyone to come and eat. Everyone followed you into the kitchen, sat themselves down, thanked you for the meal, and dug in.

Compliments about how amazingly good your food was were thrown your way, but you weren’t concentrating on them.

From the kitchen, you saw the girl and Jay conversing and the feeling came into your chest again.

“What’s wrong with me?” you thought, as you felt tears welling up your eyes, making your vision blurry.

Unable to handle anymore, you grabbed your coat from the back of one of the stools in the kitchen, said thank you to all the dancers, and walked swiftly past Jay and the girl.

“Oppa~” the girl cooed at Jay, “Be with me huh? I can give you everything~” she purred at him.

You tried to block out what you could but it didn’t work. You heard everything and could feel your chest hurting. Like it was being ripped out from your chest.

You reached the front door, with your jacket on, twisted the knob and walked out slamming the door shut when Jay called out for you.

You didn’t even notice that it was raining, since you were in too much pain to even think about anything else.

You ran down the stairs, sobbing your heart out. Tears were blurring your vision and you were pounding on your chest, trying to relieve some of the pain but it wasn’t working.

After so many tears blurring your vision, you tripped over a step, and fell down into the stairs corner.

“~~~~~~~!” you heard Jay. “~~~~~~~~” he called again as you heard his steps coming after you.

“I need to get away…” you thought as you tried to get up.

“Ahh!” you winced as you realized you twisted your ankle.

You reached down to try and touch it but then a pair of arms pushed you against the stairway railing.

“Yah!!” he yelled. You could recognize that voice anywhere. “Are you crazy?!” he asked you.

You pushed his arms away, “LET ME GO!” you screeched then sobbed, “why don’t you go back to your girlfriend,“ you sneered, “she can give you everything so just leave me alone!” you cried in his face.

He looked at you shocked then pulled you into a tight embrace.

You sobbed into his chest and started weakly punching him, “Let me go~,” you sobbed, “let me go~” you gave up on trying to push him away, since he always held on to you a little tighter every time you punched him.

Your tears were still pouring out of your eyes but being in his embrace calmed you a bit.

“You, ~~~~~~, are the only girl for me, Jay Park.” he whispered in your ear as he took your face into his hands, “Don’t you ever let anybody tell you otherwise.“ he looked into your eyes. “I should’ve told you this earlier but… “ he paused, “Saranghae” he said sweetly.

You opened your mouth to say something but instead he cut you off by leaning in to meet his lips with yours.

“Mmm! Mmm!“ you tried to push him off but it was no use, you slowly started to melt in his hands and this mind-blowing kiss was mainly the reason why.

In the kiss you could feel everything he was trying to convey. Love, love, and even more love.

You pulled away for air, “Yah! Do you think that I would let you go just like that?!” you asked.

He looked at you innocently, “I’ve always wanted to kiss in the rain” he smiled.

“That has noth-” you argued but was once again cut off by another love filled kiss by your one and only lovely Park Jaebeom.

-----------------------------------------

So how was it??

Good? Bad? Please comment!!!

Hope you all had a great time reading this haha

Even though it's long and technically not considered a "one-shot" :P

Well, anyways tell your friends about it and continue to support~

HWAITING! ^^

 

P.S.  Thanks for reading this "one-shot" :))