home is where her heart is

taeyeon is tiffany's safest place

Listen to Home by Michael Bublé while reading this. And oh, the italics means memory flashbacks.

 

---

 

Another summer day

Is come and gone away

In Paris and Rome

But I want to go home

 

It was one of those days that Tiffany finds it peaceful in just sitting at the back of her car, finally on the way home after dreading long concert she did in Los Angeles.

It was tiring but it’s fun. It was, in fact, absolutely heart-warming, lovely moment that she will keep forever. If you ask her, there's nothing more fulfilling than being with people who supports you and your passion in a significant point of your life, but honestly, she thought, post-concert is much more exhausting.

Because in that moment, she's all by herself. No fans screaming, or staff calling for her, or managers who orders her around.

Just herself, locked up in her room. Surrounded by nothing but utter silence.

It was lonely.

And she hates it.

"How long is it going to take, Kev?"

"About 30 minutes, Tiff"

"Okay. Thank you"

"Take a rest for now"

"I will"

Tiffany was about to close her eyes when she caught a glimpse of Wisdome hall after passing by.

It made her smile.

Because a certain memory played in her mind.

 

Maybe surrounded by

A million people I

Still feel all alone

I just want to go home

Oh I miss you, you know

 

Tiffany was about to have her first concert in Wisdome Concert Dome. 3 years after her debut, she managed to rise to top and be one of the famous star in America.

She still can't believe that it's happening. Back then, she never thought she'll be able to hold a concert in one of the biggest dome in her homeland, but here she is, finally living the dream.

It's hard for Tiffany to start. Being in spotlight for almost 10 years with members surrounds you then suddenly all of them are not with you anymore. That was making her afraid. In the new page of her career, she only got herself. She was just alone, taking risks and working hard to achieve her lifelong dream.

20 minutes before the concert starts, they all left her inside her dressing room alone, to give time to breathe. With her make-up and outfit on, sitting in front of the vanity. She was anxious, for sure. She was shaking, sweating even if the AC is on. What if she mess up in the middle of the concert? What if her voice crack? What if she forgot the choreography?

She was not having it. The breakdown.

But not until someone knocked and enter the room.

"Hello, my love"

Taeyeon.

Tiffany beamed and glanced at the latter in the mirror and there she saw the love of her life, smiling brightly at her. Her eyes is glistening, as if she was about to tear up.

She's still flabbergasted about Taeyeon actually managed to secretly fly here in America from South Korea, just to witness her concert.

Tiffany gestured Taeyeon to move closer to her. The latter saunter on her way, still have the prideful smile plastered on her face.

She embraced her girlfriend when she got closer and released a sigh when she felt the warmth of her dearest.

It was all she needed in that exact moment, and Taeyeon came in the right time. Like she always do.

"Nervous?" Taeyeon asks, without forgetting to lay a kiss on the top of her head.

"As heck" Tiffany succumbed to Taeyeon's body, taking away all the frustration and anxiety she's currently feeling.

"You will do great baby," Taeyeon continued "Like you always does"

Tiffany move her head up and stare at Taeyeon lovingly. The raven-haired woman always knows what to say or do. She always have her ways to have Tiffany swoon over her feet.

"Thank you"

Tiffany leaned in and felt the softness of Taeyeon's lips. It was warm and perfect. Taeyeon kissed her delicately, as if she's trying to convey all her feelings at once. But it didn't last long because of the lipstick she have on.

Well, it's enough for her.

Just Taeyeon's presence alone could take all the uneasiness building up inside her right away.

--

"We're here, Tiff"

Tiffany stopped herself from reminiscing memories, ready her things and move out. She walked inside the house that she bought when she got enough savings from being an idol for a decade. Kevin and the other staff put all her things inside the house and then left immediately to go home and rest too.

Silent moments like this when the loneliness starting to kick in.

She glanced around the house and saw all the things left untouched, just like how is it in the morning when she left to go to work.

The television is still standing at the top of the table. Her small pillows is still simply laid out on the couch. The picture frames at the other side of the living space is still intact, even the shirt she left on the coffee table is still there.

Tiffany sighed and lounge her body at the couch.

"I can't wait to come home."

 

And I've been keeping all the letters that I wrote to you

Each one a line or two

"I'm fine baby, how are you?"

Well I would send them but I know that it's just not enough

My words were cold and flat

And you deserve more than that

 

"Yow, Tiff. Someone sent a package to you"

It was 11 in the evening of February 14, 2019 when Tiffany got a package sent in the hotel she's currently staying at before her 1 day rehearsal to prepare for her concert the day after that.

"From who?"

"See it for yourself. Anyway, I'll go to my room now. Bye Tiff!"

"Okay. Thanks Kev!"

Tiffany wonders who anyone from her management has sent her some package because as far as she knows they are the only people who knows where she's staying right now. Every one of them and of course, her girlfriend.

Maybe it's from management. Taeyeon is busy right now. She thought.

But her hunch got thrown in the drain when she saw the name written at the right bottom of a card, simply attached in the rigid present box, graciously wrapped by metallic rose gold paper and a gold & silver ribbon tied into it.

Tiffany immediately walked to her room and sit on her bed. She placed the box down beside her and read the note, making her smile foolishly.

"I personally know someone who said, what's a day of love without roses? Happy Valentine's Day, my Queen. Sincerely all yours, Kim Taeyeon" After reading it, she rests her hand on her chest while holding the little note. Taeyeon and her quirkiness.

Not want to waste time anymore, Tiffany untied the ribbon to remove the top lid and open the box. She found a lovely bouquet of long stem roses gorgeously arranged. Grabbing the bouquet to smell the amazing scent of it, a small neck box underneath didn't go unnoticed by her eyes.

Tiffany scanned the tiny box first. Then, she looked inside the box to see if there are more gifts hidden. When she realized it's just the roses and the neck box, she immediately open the small present.

And there, she found a beautiful sterling silver "love" bracelet. It's simple but Tiffany adore it so much.

The love-struck woman quickly grabbed her phone and called Taeyeon, who answered right away.

"Hello! Did you receive it already?" Taeyeon asks, with a hopeful and playful smile plastered across her face.

"You sly woman. Yes boo. Thank you for this. I love it" Taeyeon sighed in relief when Tiffany showed her sincere stunning eye-smile.

It was last minute plan that she could think of. She's been thinking for days what to get for the blonde woman on Valentine's Day without having to travel miles away to give it personally.

Earlier, before she go to her own activities, she saw Tiffany's post about giving out roses to her fans on the heart's day. And that's when it clicked to her.

Tiffany can't be the only one giving, she have to receive love too.

What’s greater gift to receive than the flowers and bracelets that Tiffany surely adores?

"I'm happy that you love it"

"Now, I don't know whether you're going to like my present" Tiffany says, with nervous expression on her face.

"I have a gift?" Taeyeon exclaimed excitedly.

"Of course!"

"Where?"

"Tomorrow. You'll see" Tiffany then smirked to tease the latter.

"Alright! I'll wait for it!"

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon with so much love and the woman also doing the same.

"I love you, Taeyeon"

"I love you too, so much more"

The night went on with them falling asleep in their bed while talking. It was heart-warming for them because even though they are kilometers away from each other, the stories to tell never ends and the warmth and contentment reached to their hearts. The moment is just right.

Taeyeon woke up seeing a big package on her doorstep. And like a kid opening a gift on Christmas day, she hurriedly open the box excitedly.

In there, she saw a massive pillow of an animated princess of Disney, Princess Ariel from Little Mermaid.

She hopped her way inside her living room while holding the box and the pillow, and happily dumped her body on her couch.  She read the note attached to the box and smiled.

"You're not just part of it, my love. You're my world. Happy Valentine's day, boo <3"

Missing Tiffany wouldn't be so hard anymore.

 

Another aeroplane

Another sunny place

I'm lucky I know

But I want to go home

Mmmm, I've got to go home

It's July 29 now.

It's her birthday in two days.

Some people would love to celebrate their birthdays in parties on the random clubs or villa in Los Angeles. Intoxicating themselves with alcoholic drinks here and then.

Having couple of conversations with random guests. Mingling with strangers and choose who will complete their night.

Drowning with utter happiness and just pure high to make their birthday worth it.

But not to Tiffany, no.

She only have one wish for her born day.

And it's still going to be the same, just like her birthday wishes since she was 15.

To spend the special moment of her life with the one that makes her happy.

"Hey, two more days then it's gonna be your birthday. Any plans?" Kevin asks her.

"I think it's time for me to go home"

 

A place where her heart solely is.

 

And I feel just like I'm living someone else's life

It's like I just stepped outside

When everything was going right

 

"You still have a schedule to attend to on August 7 so make sure you'll be here on August 6, okay?"

"Okay. What event is it?"

"iHeartRadio Awards"

"Alright. I'll be there"

"I'll confirm it now" says by her manager.

Tiffany is on her way home from her interview earlier. She's exhausted but she had a great time. The interviewer is easy to communicate with and avoid all the questions that would make her uncomfortable.

Tomorrow will be her flight to Korea and the next day will be her birthday. She's so excited.

While on the ride, she remembers her first American award, which is the iHeartRadio Music Awards.

It was surreal because she never really expected to win. She's just new to industry after all. But of course, it's because of the hard work of her fans that she won.

And now, she will have the stage on her own to perform her new single. She's been practicing for days for this performance. Honestly, Tiffany can't still grasp the reality.

She also remembers when she got her first award, Taeyeon flew to America again to celebrate it.

They spend their time on their favorite place; in the Disneyland. It was really great. As if it's their first having a date on the said place.

She was thankful to Taeyeon for visiting her because she's been dreading to see the raven-haired. It's just couple of months since she flew to US, so she misses her dearest so bad.

Tiffany even had the hard time of letting Taeyeon go, in which the latter almost plan to stay there for one month. But because of the important schedules, Taeyeon couldn't stay.

It took one hour of hugs and showered kisses for Tiffany to let go the love of her life.

And a promise by Taeyeon that she will comeback anytime.

 

And I know just why you could not

Come along with me

But this was not your dream

But you always believe in me

 

Tiffany is on the plane, up in the air, on her way to her home.

While looking at the clouds, Tiffany can't help but reminisce again.

Days before she flew to America and pursue her dream.

It was that time when the entertainment company she's signed to now, offered her to be one of their artist. The catch is she can't stay in Korea, which is a difficult decision for her because she just couldn't leave her girlfriend like that. And so they fought.

--

"No! We are not talking about this Taeyeon. I'm not going to America. End of discussion"

"What do mean you're not going? Fany, are you out of your mind?"

Tiffany slumped her body to their shared bed and turn her back to Taeyeon, who is sitting at the edge of it, trying to knock some sense to her lover.

"Please, Fany-ah. This has always been your dream right? To be a world-class artist? To share your music to the world? The opportunity is being served in front of you? What's stopping you from grabbing it?" Taeyeon carefully lay on the bed, facing the back of her girlfriend. She scoot closer to Tiffany and draped her right hand on the latter's arms.

"I want to stay here with you" Tiffany says, trying not to choke on her words because of the tears that are slowly falling from her eyes. "How can I do that when America is too far from you?" She turned her body around and snuggle to her girlfriend's neck, in which she quickly got embraced by the latter's warm body.

"Babe, listen to me. Nothing is too far when it comes to us. Because no matter where you go, you will always have me," Taeyeon paused to hold Tiffany's hand and placed it in her chest, where her heart is. "And I always have you, here, with me. Every day. As long as this is beating, it will only be calling out for you. Just for you" Taeyeon then gave her butterfly kisses on her face.

Tiffany has never been so passionately, unconditionally, in love with Taeyeon, until that day.

 

Let me go home

I've had my run

Baby, I'm done

I gotta go home

 

It was 11 in the evening when Tiffany arrived in Korea. While waiting for her luggage to show-up in the baggage carousel, she open her phone to see her messages.

She was bombard with her member’s text, asking her if she arrived already and about her birthday party. She answered them all. Making the girls excited. Almost all of them are already planning for the party in August 1, except for one person who's been silent and not even looking at their group chat.

Where is Taeyeon? She asks herself.

She got distracted when she saw her bags finally show-up. After her staff got all her luggage, she walked to the arrival area.

When the door opened, she was welcomed by cameras and fans. It was heart-warming how her fans waited for her after all the times she's in the other continent. Some even got her a bouquet of flowers. It's adorable.

Tiffany throw her eye-smiles and waves to the flashy cameras. When she reached the car to take her to the place she's gonna stay at, she released a contented sighed.

Feels good to be home. Wait for me, Taeyeon-ah.

 

Let me go home

It will all right

I'll be home tonight

I'm coming back home

 

She was on the elevator, obviously nervous. The reason? She don't know. It's just Taeyeon, her girlfriend. So why is she nervous?

Maybe because it's been so long since they last saw each other. Yeah, maybe that.

So with shaking hands and rapid beating of her heart, she went outside after the elevator door opened and walked her way to her girlfriend's unit.

Tiffany's staff left her already so she's alone with her luggage and chaotic thoughts right now.

She took a long breathing exercise to finally ring the doorbell.

Tiffany heard a faint "wait a minute" inside. It was definitely Taeyeon's.

So she waited.

Not a long minutes had passed, the door opened and there, she saw the most beautiful woman she's been in love with since she was a teenager.

"Fany-ah!"

"Hello, my love"

Taeyeon welcomed her with tight warm hugs that she reciprocated right away.

And then, when Taeyeon moved away, Tiffany was gifted with a kiss in the lips that is full of longing and gratitude.

Warm and contentment suddenly envelopes her body. Taeyeon is really the only one who could make her feel this way.

There is nothing she could wish for.

"I'm so happy that you're finally here" Taeyeon says, between their sweet kisses.

"Me too, boo. Me too" Tiffany replied back.

They stopped and put their foreheads on one another, with Taeyeon's palms is on both Tiffany's cheeks. Whilst, Tiffany's arms are wrapped around her girlfriend's body.

"Let's go inside?"

"Okay"

As the two walked inside the house, Tiffany didn't expect that she will be welcomed with beautifully arranged birthday surprise in the living area.

"Is this the reason why you're not replying to group chat?"

"Maybe" Taeyeon replied playfully.

"Just when I thought you're not excited to see me"

"You can come home every day and you will still see the excited smile in my face, baby," Taeyeon continued "Let me grab something" And the latter went away to go to the kitchen.

"Okay"

While Tiffany waited for Taeyeon, she's looking at the house. Everything is still the same, making her heart warm.

When Taeyeon went out from the kitchen, she was already holding a cake on her hands. There's a big adorable smile plastered on her face and a cute mickey hairband on her head that Tiffany bought for her when they went to Disneyland.

"Happy birthday, boo"

As Tiffany looked at Taeyeon, one thought came to her mind.

I'm home.