end.

Lighthouse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was dark. The city streets of Seoul were close to empty as the clock struck midnight. 

 

The night sky was hidden away by angry storm clouds that relentlessly poured down on the streets with merciless rain. 

 

The few people who were still left on the streets were either on their way home, or were seeking for shelter from the downpour.

 

Jennie however, was the only person crazy enough to brave under the rain with just a thin coat and a pair of leggings. The brunette hated the cold though. Although she preferred winter over summer, she has always despised the rain. 

 

Ironically, today amidst her most loneliest and darkest moment, it was the rain that was her only companion. 

 

Her eyes were red and puffy from countless nights of crying herself to sleep. At this point she wasn't sure if whether she was still crying or if it were just the raindrops that fell onto her face. 

 

However that was the least of her worries. The night was cold, and the air was bitter, which only fueled the devastating loneliness that she was feeling. Yet it was as if she was numb to it all. 

 

She didn't know how long she had been walking for, she just knew that it had been awhile. Her feet were littered with cuts and her clothes were completely drenched.

 

Jennie knew and had always accepted that her life wasn't perfect, not even close it. She knew that happiness was a word that was unfamiliar to her. Despite knowing that, she had had hope. 

 

But right now, walking around aimlessly in the cold rain not knowing where she was headed, the brunette was devoid of any emotion. 

 

Back then, she still had her mom. She had Kai, and a house to live in. 

 

But within one week, everything had changed. Her mom, who had been a junky her whole life, passed away due to overdose. Kai, who had been her boyfriend of two years, had left her. During their time together he had cheated her, emotionally and physically abused her, manipulated her. Just one day before her mom had passed away, he had gambled away everything including the small apartment that the two had been sharing, and ran away with all her money. 

 

Of course Jennie hadn't found out about it until five hours ago when the debt collectors were there to confiscate everything within the apartment, kicking her out of her own home. 

 

Now here she was, alone with no place to go. Growing up, Jennie wasn't one to make many friends. 

 

The only friends she had were Chaeyoung and Lisa, who were both away and won't be back for another two weeks. 

 

And then there was Jisoo, her best friend of twelve years. 

 

But she couldn't go to Jisoo. Not when she was in this state. She had depended on Jisoo too much, and she refuses to burden the raven with her problems anymore. 

 

Besides, Jennie didn't exactly know what feelings she had for Jisoo. Whenever she was around the older girl, she was engulfed with a plethora of different emotions that she could never decipher. 

 

Jisoo was her best friend; the only constant in her ever changing and miserable life. 

 

But lately, she had been so much more than that. She was Jennie's rock, her place of comfort, her safety pin that pulled her back when her emotions would get the better of her, and she also the light that guided her out of the depths of her despair. 

 

But could that determine the feelings that the older girl had for her, or was that just Jisoo performing out her duties as a best friend. Or maybe she just did that because she was Jisoo, the girl with a heart of gold. 

 

Jennie would be lying if she said that she had never had any feelings for Jisoo. From the moment her eyes had landed on the black haired beauty, she had already fallen for her, hard. 

 

But Jisoo was Jisoo, and Jennie couldn't let herself taint the older girl with her complicated and messy life. 

 

So she had suppressed her feelings, hiding them away so that they were buried deep inside her heart. Eventually, her feelings for the raven had slowly gone away. 

 

But could that be considered love? Growing up her mom had never been around much. She was always moving on from one boyfriend to the next, only coming back home to Jennie when they've left her. 

 

Before Jisoo had came into her life, Jennie had been all alone. It was always her against the whole world. There was no one who loved her. 

 

Jennie had thought that she knew what love was when she'd met Kai. She had thought that she loved him. But now she realizes that that wasn't love at all. What she had with Kai was only a fabrication of her own desperate desire to feel needed by someone. 

 

So how could she feel something, if she's never experienced it before? When she doesn't even understand what it means.

 

She continues to walk along the streets, not knowing where she would go next. She ignored the weird stares that people gave her as they passed by. She didn't give a care to the pouring rain that would surely give her hypothermia if she were to remain in this condition any longer. 

 

It was then that the brunette came to a stop in the middle of the street. 

 

Her head was faced towards the ground, but there was no mistaking that familiar ache in her heart whenever Jisoo was around. 

 

The raven's shoes were stained with mud and drenched with rain, but Jennie knew without a doubt that those were the exact pair of shoes that she had bought Jisoo for her birthday three years ago. 

 

With tears sliding down her cheeks, Jennie slowly lifts her head to face Jisoo. 

 

The older girl was holding an umbrella in her hand, her breathing was short and ragged as if she had just ran a marathon. 

 

But what had caught Jennie's attention was the redness surrounded the raven's beautiful brown eyes. 

 

Jisoo was standing there looking at Jennie as if her whole world had toppled over. Like the younger girl, the raven also had tears streaming down her rosy cheeks. 

 

The two stood there in silence, staring into each other's eyes as the world around them was completely forgotten. 

 

It was then that Jisoo suddenly abandons the umbrella

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter