Hot choco

That's not my name

It has been a very good day for Seulgi, It was a nice Friday afternoon, she had finished with her classes for the day and she even had cleaned her dorm room. Her roomate and best friend, Wendy, would be happy with her. The only thing she had not finished was her latest art project but she figured she would finish it on the weekend. Now, Seulgi was walking down to a new coffee bar named "Moonbucks" that has opened 3 nonths ago and was at a walking distance from her campus. She was a little late to meet Joy but Seulgi didn´t think the younger girl would notice since her girlfriend, Yeri, would be there too. 

Every since they went to the coffe bar for the fist time, Seulgi fell in love with the atmosphere of it, the decorations and, of course, the food and drinks. The first few visits Seulgi always went with her friends, so they tried out almost everything on the menu on the first week after the big opening. Now, Seulgi was a regular, visiting often to study or to read and had a clear favorite drink. Her hot chocolate with cream on top.

Everything was perfect at Moonbucks, everything but the main barista. 

Irene

It`s not like there is actually something wrong with the woman, she is probably the most beautiful girl Seulgi had ever met. Every visitor of the coffee bar would say she is the sweetest and nicest barista. She was everyone´s favorite, people would visit the coffee bar just to see her, even Wendy had a slight crush on the woman. Everyone loves her. Everyone, but Seulgi.

It all started the first time Seulgi offered to order and pay drinks for her friends to celebrate Joy and Yeri getting together. It was 2 weeks after the coffee bar had opened and Seulgi had never actually talked to Irene before so she was a little nervous. Seulgi walked to the cashier, got in line and started fidgeting with the edge of her hoodie. When it was her turn, she made eye contact with the barista and suddenly she felt ridiculous with her outfit. Irene was in her uniform with an apron on top, and yet she looked fantastic. 

Apparently, she must have been lost in thoughts for a while because Irene suddenly said: "Can i help you with anything today?" with a teasing smile. Seulgi shook her head and took a big breath "yeah, sorry...um can i get four big hot chocolates and 2 carrot cakes please"

Irene added her order on the screen infront of her and grabbed four tall cups "What names should i put on the cups?" and gave Seulgi her one-million smile.

Seulgi was a little flustered but gave Irene the names, she knew her friends enjoyed uploading Instagram stories with their cups with ther names on it to brag. She said her name last on purpose, with hopes Irene remembers it.

After she paid, she went to the table where her friends where talking to give them the cakes.

"So, What did you think of Irene?ª asked Joy as soon as she reached the table, she was sitting down next to Yeri and had an arm around the girl. She also was giving Seulgi a teasing smile. Seulgi knew that smile, it meant trouble for her. Joy was a nice friend, a good caring one, but she never missed on the oportunity to tease the art student, probably because Seulgi was the innocent friend out of the 4 of them. This time though, what gave Joy the idea was Seulgi´s red face, and the fact that she blushed as soon as Irene was mentioned. 

"She is the love of my life" said Wendy imitating the way drunk Seulgi talks about girls. "i bet you already love her Seul"

"No but umm She was nice" Seulgi answered and left, not giving Yeri the opportunity to too.

Irene was already leaving the four cups on the counter next to the cashier "Oh there you are, here" she said and winked. Seulgi´s heart was racing, because she wasnt sure she had imagined that. She grabbed the cups carry tray with the cups and walked away knowing she was blushing, again.

They were finishing their coffees when Yeri jumped on the spott and said "We forgot to take the picture! we almost broke our tradition! quick show me your cups with your name showing" Everyone did as she said, as always, and Yerin took the picture. She sat down already smiling when suddlenly she started laughing hysterically while looking at her phone. 

"What? What is it? Show me!!" Joy, having absolutly no patience, tried to grab her girlfriend´s phone. Wendy silently stood up behind the laughing girl and laughed too when she spotted the picture. Finally Joy took the phone and stared at it for a few seconds, before laughing out loud too,

Okay, Seulgi was a little lost now "What is it? What´s so funny guys?". Joy feeling pity of the girl, showed her the phone. At fisrt nothing was weird about the picture, so she looke up at her friends with confusion. "look at your cup Seup" Wendy said, calming down.

Slugi

That was the name on her cup, Slugi.

What the Heck.

Now Seulgi was more confused. They have bought drinks almost everyday for the last 2 weeks and her name was always written correctly. She had seen Irene write those names everytime, so How had she gotten her name wrong? "So Slugi, Irene has an amazing sense of humor or she didn`t pay any attention to you" say Yeri once she controlled herself. "I´m sorry Seul but i`m going to have to post this now, it`s too funny not to" she continued.

"Looks like your love is one sided Slugi" Teased Wendy sitting down again.

Seulgi was still deep in thought. Why had Irene done this?, yes the coffee bar was popular but she was already a regular, besides, her name wasn`t that easy to forget , or was it? Was she so easy to miss? Had she really imagined the wink? Of course she was, a girl like Irene? looking at her and winking? impossible.

Joy, sensing that Seulgi was going down to a dark corner quickly added "i bet it was just a prank Seul, don`t think about it too much"

The problem was, that during the next 2 month, everytime Seulgi bought a drink, Irene managed to always misspelled her name. And it was always her name, not Wendy or Joy or Yeri, not even once.

Slugi, Sowlgi, Selgui, Sulgi, Soulgi... She has found every way possible to write her name wrong.

And now Seulgi was pissed. She had decided today she was going to confront the barista, no matter how much she liked the girl. She had told her friend her plan, Wendy had quickly replied she had an exam but Joy and Yeri would be there for her. Seulgi suspected they mostly wanted to laugh if she manage to embarrass herself.

So it had been a nice Friday afternoon for Seulgi, and it was going to be better.

As soon as she stepped into the coffee bar she saw her friends at their usual table already drinking and eating. She waved at them, Joy gave her a thumbs up and Yeri raiced her fist. Seulgi walked towards the cashier, there were no other costumers at the cashier line, perfect. Irene was cleaning the shelves and had her back turned to Seulgi.

Seulgi squared her shoulder, rolled her head and cleared loudly. Irene jumped a little and quickly turned to the cashier, without looking up she said "Welcome to Moonbucks, How can i help you?"

Seulgi felt her confidence leaving her quickly, Irene had her hair in a ponytail today, and she looked too pretty. She had to act fast, so without thinking she blurted out "You always get my name wrong, Why?"

Okay, that wasn`t how she had planned to do this. She was going to be nice about it, and then ask Irene to stop, then maybe asked for her phone number. But right now, there was no way she was going to get the date, or the drink apparently.

"i`m sorry, What do you mean?" Irene said, obviously confused

"My name is always misspelled on my cup" Today clearly wasn`t Seulgi brightest day, she rubbed her neck and looked around.

"I`m sorry, but you are Seulgi right? you always order a hot choco! i`m a little confused though i`m pretty sure i haven`t made a mistake, but here let me give you a free drink to make it up to you"

Uh? that wasn`t what she wanted but feeling a little lost about the situation Seulgi just said "You don`t need to, i`ll pay for it just.. just please get my name right" - Now i sound like a whinny 5 year old, great- Seulgi thought

"Sure thing! One hot choco for Seulgi!" Irene beamed at her and started working on her drink while Seulgi payed with her card. Since no one else was trying to buy at the moment, when Irene finished she handed personally the cup to Seulgi. 

And the winked. again.

Now Seulgi was sure it was a wink, she had seen it. She was so focused on Irene`s face that she just smiled, grabbed her cup and walked towards her friends. She felt a little confused about the situation. It had been too easy, But she also felt triumphant, maybe she would be brave enough to ask for Irene`s phone number after all.

"SO?!!" Joy quickly asked, pulling Seulgi from her daydream "How did she wrote it this time?"

"Seulgi, of course. I managed to tell her she was misspelling her name and she apologized"

"Did she? Did she really?" Yeri asked with a raised eyebrow

"Yes look it clearly says Seulgi she..." Seulgi stopped talking and look dumbfounded at her cup

"What is it?" Said Joy noticing the weird pause.

Seulgi was glaring at the paper cup. She could not believe her eyes.

Selugi

"Oh! but Seulgi look at the back it has.." Whatever Yeri was saying, Seulgi paid no attention to it. She stood up and ran towards the cashier while Joy and Yeri tried to warn her, but to Seulgi they were only trying to stop her. 

But she wasnt gonna stop, she needed Irene to explain herself right.now. Said barista was back at cleaning so she didn`t she the girl approaching with a frown on her face.

"Irene" Seulgi said effectively scaring Irene again. 

"Seulgi, Do you want to order something else?" she said smiling. 

Okay, this is it. Seulgi placed the cup in front of Irene and pointed at it "Selugi? Irene, really?"

And Irene laughed. Seulgi was momentarily in awe of the barista pretty laugh but then remember and focused back "i dont think it`s funny"

"But Seulgi, look at the back i..." Irene tried to say but Seulgi was on a roll

"What if i called you Rene? or Rine or Iren? you wouldnt like it, so i don`t think its funny, you shouldn`t do pranks like this, you.. "

She finally stopped talking when Irene shoved a cookie on . "Would you let me explain? please?" Irene said giggling still, she took the cup, and showed the back to Seulgi

Would you finally go out with me? :)

Was written with Irene`s pretty handwriting. oh, OH. "I`ve been leaving messages for you all this time, even asking you out but.." Irene started to explain just as Seulgi swallowed the cookie "WAIT you have been leaving me messages?"

"You haven`t seen them?" Now Irene looked sad "No! i`ve.. well i.." Seulgi sighed and tried again "I`m sorry, i`m such an idiot, i always noticed you wrote my name wrong but i never noticed the back so i ..." then suddenly Seulgi noticed the most important thnig, Irene had asked HER out "WAIT! you wanna go out with me?"

Now Irene laughed again and Seulgi swore she was prettier by the minute "Of course! i`ve been trying to get your attention for months but then you ignored my messages so i keept trying" She camed closer to Seulgi, leaning over the counter and pulled a string of Seulgi`s hair behind her ear. The art student felt her heart trying to leave her chest. "I feel a little better now that i know it was because you never saw them and not because you aren`t interested"

"Interested? OH! i am! interested i mean i..." Seulgi felt her confidence coming back, she needed to actually say something "Irene, Would you go out with me?"

Irene giggled and nodded "Of course Slugi " this time, both laughed together

Back at the table Joy and Yeri were talking hurriedly "Maybe we should have said something? We all saw the messages!! only Seul would be slow enough to not notice!" Yeri said, "It wasnt our job to do so! besides Wendy said Irene had told her of the plan so we would have ruined it!!" Joy answered back quickly "Besides, it was funnier this way!"

"But if Seulgi finds out she would be so upset and we..."

"YOU KNEW?!" 

Oh Uh


Hi! it`s been a while. I wasn`t planning on writting this but the prompt wouldnt leave my head so here it is. I haven`t checked for any mistakes yet so i apologize in advance! Hope you are healthy and doing okay wherever you are! If you liked it please consider leaving a comment i would really appreciate it Enjoy <3 - Javi.