Guns and Calculus Tragedies

Guns and Calculus Tragedies

Brrring! The school bell rang alerting the student it was the end of break. “Hey, how are you?” Namjoon asked as he tapped on Lia’s desk, catching her attention from her almost late calculus homework.

Cold as ice, she replied to the 5’11 freak of nature, “That’s a great question. I feel like flinging myself in the trash.” She peered over to the other side of the classroom and spotted Brittany already on Jungkook’s lap, giggling and making out.

“Hey, Lia! Do you mind if I borrow your boyfriend for a second? Oh, sorry. I meant ‘ex-boyfriend,’” Brittany teased out for the rest of the students to hear.

Lia smiled sweetly, “Be my guest.”

Put in an awkward situation, Namjoon let out an uneasy laugh and said, “At least the relationship was fake?” with his pitch getting higher with every word passed, “I mean, you were the one that broke it off anyways.”

“Yup,” she responded with a deep breath and sigh. Lia put up her black hood, tugged on the two strings leaving barely a vent for her nose to stick out as well as some stray, dark brown hair, and propped her head down on the chilled desk. She let out a small chuckle, thinking about how she got herself involved with a gang and her first thought was death with a bull 62% in calculus. Having to be in a fake relationship with someone she loathed so much in all of her high school years was the only reasonable excuse an outsider, computer nerd like her had to be around him and his group of varsity jock friends when they were actually discussing “other matters”.

Hopelessly, Namjoon rang his fingers through his jet-black hair. “Carla needs us on another assignment today. She wants us to report to HQ at 5,” he mentioned out, hoping she was listening. “You’ll get used to this after a few more months.” Lia struck her arm up and gave him the “thumbs up” sign, still with her head down. More students began pouring in and the chatter in the class heightened. The bell rang again, signaling the beginning of class. Before leaving, he leaned down and whispered under his breath, “Jungkook’s coming, too. Carla wants him as backup.”

“Of course,” Lia grumbled out. Class went on as usual, Jungkook still kept Brittney on his lap, the bastard teacher didn’t even try to break them up, and Lia still kept her head on the desk with no effort of trying to even understand the gibberish coming out of Mrs. Willows’s mouth.

Time passed, and what was the day, soon bled dark. Night crept up and the frigid wind blew against Lia’s bare skin. Goosebumps prickled up. The motel sign and single street lamp acted as her only source of light. It illuminated, displaying her styled wavy hair reaching down to her hips, her skimpy red mini dress that she was constantly readjusting, a pair of red bottoms, and her heavy mask of makeup.

“Ashley?” Scents of cigarettes and luxury cologne immediately filled the air. His hand reaching its way, sliding up and down her thigh; it disgusted her.

“Mr. CEO?” Lia asked sweetly. The hand on her thigh immediately disappeared and was now holding . She didn’t react.

“Shut up, ,” he hissed out. The man let go of his hold and led her up to their “reserved room”. The whole way up in the elevator, they couldn't keep their hands to themselves and had each other’s tongues in their mouths. Lia loathed it. He opened the door to the poorly lit room and began undressing immediately. 

“It’s a little stuffy in here, I’ll open the window a little.” 

“ing hurry up, Ashely.” Lia moved the curtains and pushed the glass sliding door, leaving a crack to the outside balcony that was exactly across from the bed. She turned around, seeing his clothes already sprawled over the carpet floor. The man immediately pulled her to the bed in a violent embrace and gave aggressive kisses across her collarbone. A sound of a gunshot went off and suddenly, his weight on her increased tenfold. 

“Ugh,” Lia pushed him off the bed onto the floor and saw blood trickling out of the two bullet holes, one from the bullet entering his head, and the other when the bullet was leaving. “er.”

“Sorry that took a while,” Namjoon announced as he pushed the sliding door open, putting his gun back in his waistband, and with Jungkook following behind. 

Carla called out into everyone's earpiece, “Good job. It took longer than estimated, but we’ll have our guys disinfect the scene, and Lia, we’ll need you back up here to hack in and delete security footage.” 

 “You know, it would’ve been an easier shot if someone here left a bigger gap in the glass door. What do you think, Ashley?” Namjoon taunted while crossing his arms.

“Scrub off, you . This was my first active mission. Next time, I’m staying with Carla at HQ with the computers,” Lia adjusted her dress, “No way am I playing a again.” 

“Damn. Feisty,” Namjoon retaliated with a whistle and Jungkook still staying silent behind.

Lia moved to where the body laid and fished out the man’s wallet. “Kane Williams,” she read out his ID, “Hmm.”  She reached in, took $220 out for keeps, and threw it back on the lifeless corpse. Namjoon walked up to the body, fumbled with the wallet as well, and found what they came for. 

Lia made her way out to the balcony while taking off her red bottoms, but was blocked by Jungkook. “Hey, what happened with Brittany was-”

“Bull. Move.” She pushed him to the side with the heels in her hand and was making way, getting ready to jump down.

Before she could, Namjoon called out, “Why’d you leave $27?”

“So the police don’t get suspicious, duh,” and she leapt off the second floor, making her way to the getaway van.