final

cinnamon candy

Yuna and her blasted cinnamon.

Ever since Sojung accidentally bought cinnamon tea for the girl, Yuna developed an obsession for cinnamon. She had the whole house smelling like cinnamon for a week when she thought it was a good idea to put a cap of cinnamon extract in the oven and baking it. And now that Yuna loved cinnamon, her breath constantly smelling like the spice, Sojung couldn't kiss her anymore. Not with that wicked smell. Sojung almost gagged at the thought.

She laid in her shared bed, scrunching her nose as Yuna cuddled up next to her. Sojung always loved the smell of Yuna. The girl always smelled like coconuts mixed with mangos, something so much more pleasant than ing cinnamon. But no. Somehow Yuna found a way to regularly smell like cinnamon. Just why did it have to be cinnamon? It could've been durian and Sojung would be fine with it. 

"Yuna, baby, can you move a little?" Sojung tapped the girl who only shifted closer. "Yuna, come on."

"If you kiss me then i'll move." Yuna mumbled into her chest.

Sojung scoffed at the thought. "Your breath still smells like cinnamon."

"Does that change anything?"

Yes. It changed a lot of things. It wasn't that Sojung loved Yuna any less because she had an unhealthy obsession with cinnamon but it didn't stop her from hating the smell. Still, Sojung did want to kiss her. She was tempted to just do it. 

Yuna looked up at Sojung, sighing as she pulled away from her girlfriend.

"It's morning anyway, I'll make breakfast." She left just as quick as her obsession with cinnamon developed making Sojung all too interested.

No way. Yuna wasn't going to make cinnamon pancakes, right? With so many attempts in trying to get Sojung to eat at least a bite of cinnamon, the girl's trust in Yuna was lower than before the cinnamon incident. She was already traumatized from the time SinB forced her to eat a whole spoon of the spice. Let's just say, it didn't go very well.

Feeling the need to watch Yuna as she makes breakfast, Sojung dashed out of bed and towards the kitchen. And to her surprise? The house didn't smell like cinnamon at all much less the kitchen. Sojung didn't even see the usual spice next to her. Still, she needed to keep close watch on the girl.

She walked up behind Yuna, grasping her waist with a firm grip but loose enough for Yuna to move freely.

"What's the famous Choi Yuna making today?" Sojung giggled.

"Pancakes –" Yuna could see Sojung's face fall. " – without the cinnamon."

That's the cue. Sojung knew something was wrong with Yuna. There was no way in hell that Yuna would miss the chance to secretly feed her cinnamon.

She raised her eyebrows curiously, peeking over Yuna's shoulder at the batter. No specks of cinnamon – not even the smell. Maybe Yuna was telling the truth.

"Do you really think that I'd lie about putting cinnamon in the batter?"

Sojung jumped at the sudden question. Her hands ungrasped Yuna's waist, a crooked smile forming on her lips.

"No? I mean, yes, I did but–"

"But you, Kim Sojung, don't trust me enough because of my obsession with cinnamon." Yuna chuckled, turning around to see her girlfriend's expression.

"Babe, I just feel bad. I know you like cinnamon and I don't want you to not enjoy it because of me."

Yuna shook her head and wrapped her arms around Sojung's neck. "You're cute Sojung."

The said girl was about to lean in to kiss Yuna. Until she remembered that Yuna's breath literally stunk of cinnamon and that smoke was coming from the stove. Right, smoke. Smoke?

"Holy ! Yuna, it's burning!"

"What?"

Curses and screams were thrown around the house. The smoke alarm barely took five seconds to go off as Yuna grabbed a towel to blow the steam away. Sojung lifted the pan with the burnt batter, throwing the tool into the sink and wincing at the burning left on her hand.

"Sojung, wait the pan is going to-"

Yuna was too late as her girlfriend sprayed cold water on the still hot pan, a rush of steam flowing upwards.

"THE PAN IS GOING TO WARP!"

 

 

A few minutes later, the two girls sat on the couch with disheveled hair. The room still had a stench of smoke but at least it didn't smell like cinnamon. Sojung leaned back in the couch, a smile bright on her face. Thank the goddess that it didn't smell like cinnamon anymore.

"And what are you smiling about?" Yuna laid her head on the girl's shoulder. "We don't have anything else to eat."

"I mean, I could eat something else..." Sojung wriggled her eyebrows suggestively but Yuna only slapped her arm.

"I'd still be hungry idiot."

"It works both ways–"

The second Sojung finished her sentence, Yuna slapped her arm once more earning a loud yelp from her girlfriend. 

The two girls sat in awkward silence. Not even the television was on or the loud music that usually came from Yuna's phone.

Well no matter. Sojung was still tempted to kiss Yuna but no, she couldn't give in to tasting the disgusting flavor of cinnamon. Nope. Not today. She wasn't going to let Yuna win that way. But it was a kiss. A sweet, sweet kiss with her sweet, sweet girlfriend... no, no kiss! No cinnamon meant no kiss.

Sojung looked at Yuna, her eyes sparkling with love. Yuna was only day-dreaming but she still looked so beautiful. How sweet and plump her lips looked... along with the smell of cinnamon radiating off of her – seriously, was it her body wash?

"I can see you looking at me, you know." Yuna said with a sly smile.

"You know your lips are the best."

Yuna leaned into Sojung. The temptation was growing this time around, swirling in the depths of Sojung's stomach. Just one kiss would be fine, right? It wasn't like Yuna's cinnamon breath was that bad. Not that she constantly ate that cursed cinnamon candy. Sojung's eyes glanced to the said candy on the side table then Yuna's lips. She had to give in.

But not right now.

"Mmm, baby, let's brush our teeth first." Sojung kissed the tip of Yuna's nose, resisting the fact that she wanted to just smash her lips against hers.

"Right... are you scared that my breath smells like cinnamon?" Yuna sat up. Her hands instantly locked with Sojung's, swayying them as they walked to their bathroom.

"You know me too well babe."

Yuna laughed at Sojung's remark and pulled her into the bathroom by her shirt. She pressed her up against the counter with an absolutely devastating smile.

"Let me help with your morning routine."

And so she did. Sojung was partly glad that Yuna didn't sneak like some weird cinnamon face cream on her. In fact: Yuna didn't try anything. Not even trying to give her that horrid cinnamon toothpaste. 

As the two girls finished up in the bathroom, Yuna skipped and jumped on the couch with a satisfied sigh. While her girlfriend was weirdly calm, Sojung was not.

How much had she been longing for a kiss?

Sojung bit her lip looking at the girl.

Screw it.

As Yuna turned back to her - she was grabbing the remote - Sojung took the opportunity to cup Yuna's cheeks.

"I really can't stand it anymore," Sojung said before closing her eyes and locking lips with her loved one.

The kiss was sweet and soft. Unlike the spicy taste of cinnamon. Sojung felt at ease as she kissed the lip balm off Yuna's lips. The two were slow for a good while until Sojung's hand started to move. Her right hand found the leisure to trail down the girl's body, tracing her curves of Yuna's figure.

The latter deepened the kiss. She pressed harder against Sojung, their noses colliding before the oldest had the chance to tilt her head.

What a sweet, sweet kiss Sojung had been waiting for.

She could feel Yuna smile against her lips. For a second, Sojung questioned it. And she was definitely right to question it.

Yuna pulled away with a consensual pop of the lips, a grin wide spread on her face. Meanwhile Sojung was left  on the spiteful candy in .

The amount of saliva Sojung was creating wasn't normal. Her face contorted into a mixture of disgust and horror as Sojung ran to the sink to spit out the cinnamon candy.

"CHOI YUNA! How dare you!" Sojung gasped, drinking a glass of tap water to wash away the taste. "And for a second there, I trusted you!"

Yuna let out a loud laugh as she threw her head back with clapping hands.

"You should've  saw your face!" Yuna smiled happily. "Was that so bad eating cinnamon?"

Sojung rolled her eyes, falling back down next to Yuna with her prepared glass of water. "Yes, yes it was."

"Mmm, my kisses are always the sweetest."

"without cinnamon." Sojung chimed in, earning a soft slap on the shoulder.

"Don't even try to deny it, I know you liked it."

Sojung shook her head. "No I didn't."

"Yes you did."

"Prove it then." She crossed her arms with a expression that told Yuna to go ahead and try. 

In a matter of seconds, Sojung and Yuna were connected in another kiss. Soft laughs escaped their lips; Yuna laughing about Sojung's careful tongue and Sojung  laughing at Yuna trying so hard to sneak another cinnamon candy into .

But Sojung had to admit.

The taste of cinnamon on Choi Yuna's lips was delicious.


 


 

 

*fluffy soju because why not?