Advisors

The Swan and the Baby Beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you to delulume for such a detailed prompt. I would never have thought up this.

Ngl, this was pretty difficult to write because I have zero expertise in economics or buisness. Also, I apologize in advance if the ending isn't to your taste. It would be difficult to progress their relationship in a oneshot but I tried my best to hint at what the two would probably end up like.

Feel free to send me more prompts, whether thro dms or comments :)

---

 

"Come again?" It seemed that Mina had finally peaked the CEO's interest as the older man leaned forward on his custom designed 19th century style Italian desk.

"Why compete with them when you can join them?" Mina shrugged, "Or in our case, make them join us."

The man clasped his hands together and fixed his financial advisor with a stern gaze, "Are you saying what I think you are saying, Mina-ssi?

"I'm saying exactly what you think I'm saying, Mr. Park," Mina smirked. "Palgan Enterprise's stocks have been plummeting drastically in the recent years, though in the past they were one of the top companies in South Korea, almost on par with us." She paused, "So what I'm saying is, offer them a good deal and buy the company over. Think of it as an expansion opportunity. It will be profitable for us in the long run."

Mr. Park sat quietly for a second, deep in thought. "And you're sure that we are financially stable enough to go through with this deal?" 

Mina fought to keep herself from rolling her eyes. She had been summarizing the company's financial reports for the past 30 minutes and it seems that the older man hadn't listened to a word. She sometimes wondered what would happen to the company if she chose to no longer accept them as clients. But, of course it was only ever just wonderings. They had always paid her very well and the benefits the company offered were more than enough to persuade her to stay.

"Yes, sir."

"Great," the CEO sat up straight im his reclining chair and gave his secretary two sharp snaps, waking the girl from her snooze. Mina stifled a laugh as Sana jolted awake. "Put that in my schedule. We will be paying a visit to an old friend of mine. Oh, and get Jihyo to whip up a contract for me, tell her to ask Mina for the financial details." 

Mina watched as her friend quickly scribbled in her notebook. 

"Is that all, sir?" Sana asked eagerly. The older girl was like a Shina Inu, ever so bubbly and friendly. 

The CEO glanced over to Mina for confirmation. With a nod of her head, the man cleared his throat, "Uh yes. That'll be all. You ladies may go on your way now."

The two girls bowed to the man and made to leave the office.

As soon as the door closed, Sana turned to Mina with an impressed look on her face, "You have guts, Mitang. She's going to be furious."

Mina shrugged nonchalantly, "Like I care. She's messed us over plenty of times in the past. But what can I say? The better financial advisor always wins."

---

"HELL NO," Chaeyoung slammed her hands onto the table. She was absolutely furious.

Mr. Seo his neatly trimmed beard, still deep in thought. The CEO of Cholog Co. had just left the hour long meeting they had held and the two of them were in the only ones left in the meeting room.

Throughout the entire meeting, Chaeyoung had been holding a glaring contest with that of a financial advisor the opposing company had. It was one-sided though, because the woman had been smirking at her the whole time as her boss read off the details of the contract. It made Chaeyoung's blood boil and she had to force herself to sit still and not reach over to rip the stupid grin off the other woman's face.

"You have to admit, they are offering a very good deal," her boss said, seemingly unfazed by her outburst.

"Sir," Chaeyoung paused to look at the man in horror, "You can't possibly be considering this."

Mr. Seo sighed, "Chaeyoung. I'm starting to get to an age where I'm not going to be cut out for this type of work anymore. I have no heir, nobody trustworthy enough to pass this company onto. With this deal, I can retire and live the rest of my life comfortably. I'm sure you're aware of the impeding fate of this company."

Chaeyoung shook her head stubbornly, "I've been working at Palgan Enterprise since I graduated fresh out of University. I've seen this company through ups and downs. You can't just give up now."

"You're a talented kid, Chaeyoung." Chaeyoung scowled when he called her "kid". Sure, she was short, but she was 22 already, for goodness sakes. "There are many top companies out there who would kill to have you on their side. It may be time for you to go out there and see what other things life has to offer."

"God, you're making it sound like you're on your death bed, old man," Chaeyoung scoffed. If Mr. Seo had been an ordinary CEO, the girl would've been fired on the spot for speaking to him in such a manner. But instead the older man chuckled.

"Listen," Chaeyoung finally said, "I'll figure something out. We can make this work, I swear. Just give me some time before you do anything." 

Mr. Seo hummed and leaned back on his chair watching the fuming girl leave the meeting room. "You're good, Chaeyoung. But even you can't make a miracle happen."

---

For some reason Mina couldn't put her finger on, she was feeling especially ecstatic tonight. Normally, she hated the Paint and Sip events that Bambam would always drag her to, it was always full of couples who were way too eager to converse. But tonight, she found herself humming as she skimmed her closet for an outfit to wear.

Her phone buzzed as she was mid-hum. She went over to pick it up. It was Bambam.

[19:00] Bambam: Hey. Are you free right now?

That was odd, weren't they suppose to meet in 30 minutes? Mina frowned but quickly tapped back a response.

[19:01] Mina: Sort of. What's up?

[19:01] Bambam: I need to talk to you about something. Can you come down? I'm in the lobby.

What was so important that it couldn't be said over text? Mina had no clue so all she could do was to agree with his request.

[19:02] Mina: Omw down

The elevator dinged and Mina stepped out to see a man observing the building's notice board in the lobby. She knew instantly that it was Bambam. 

"Hey," she called out to him. 

The Thai turned around his eyes taking in her in the outfit she had so carefully chose. "Oh wow," he said, eyes widening as he looked her up and down. "You look good."

"Are you trying say that I normally don't?" Mina quirked an eyebrow at him.

"No," Bambam said instantly, "You're always beautiful, but that dress- Wow."

"I was just joking," Mina smiled. "But thank you." 

Mina noted how undressed Bambam was. He was in a plain white t-shirt and jean shorts. "So what are you doing here? Isn't the paint and sip in an hour or so?"

Bambam scratched his head, "About that. I actually won't be going anymore."

"What?" What the ? The only time she was actually excited about going and he doesn't want to go? 

"Listen, Mina," Bambam shoved his hands into his pant pockets. "This isn't working anymore."

Mina could not believe her ears. For a second, she wondered if she was dreaming.

Seeing that Mina wasn't responding, Bambam continued, "It isn't you, it's me."

"You're ting me," Mina blurted out. Bambam looked startled at her outburst. "Of all the things you can say, you choose to use that crappy line?"

The boy actually had the decency to look guilty. "I'm sorry, Mina. But I'm sure you've been feeling it too. This was going to happen sooner or later."

There was a pause as Mina regarded him with narrowed eyes. Finally, she relaxed her shoulders, "You're right."

Bambam looked up in confusion, "I am?" Clearly, he hadn't been expecting her to agree.

"Enjoy the rest of your evening then," Mina said stiffly. And she turned and left, leaving the Thai gawking behind her.

 

Mina was sitting and drinking by herself at the back of the room. She had gotten all dressed already and it would've been a waste of free wine if she didn't go. She took a sip of her cup letting her mind drift. The events from earlier that evening wandered into her thoughts and she began wondering when exactly the relationship had gone wrong. Not that she really cared. But it had been her firs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter