Sleepwalking Love

Sleepwalking Love | Baekhyun

“You are not for real right now, are you?”

You said out loud to yourself, glaring at your squealing phone which was laying on the night table next to your bed.

On the screen very rapidly, like CRAZY, new notifications were coming in, letting you know about a new text message, or more like thousand impertinent new text messages which were making your phone vibrate so much that you thought it would fall off of the table if it continued like this.

You were more than just disturbed at the moment, because not only was it interrupting your awaited face sheet mask relaxation ritual, but it was also interrupting your music which was filling your room, playing from the bluetooth box connected to your always more notification invaded phone.

You even considered simply switching your phone off so you won’t have to deal with all this, but then again after a long day you really needed your beloved group to calm down your nerves, what always worked for you.

But tonight you could forget it.

You muttered some swear words, smoothing the soft lemon sheet mask on your skin with your fingers and glanced over to your phone.

You expected all those messages to be from your squad’s group chat, but instead you saw just Chanyeol’s name, even when you scrolled all the way down you noticed that literally everything that came was from Chanyeol.

Was it for real right now?

Just when you decided to give in and read whatever it was that he decided to bother you with, your phone instantaneously showed you an incoming call.

Giantyeol is calling…

Alright, what the freak could it be now?

You pressed the green symbol and held it next to your ear. “The freak you want” You asked your friend.

“Y/N, oh my phukin’ god.” Chanyeol’s voice was just a little above a whisper, somewhat muffled. “Why aren’t you replying??? I need you to help me.” He said the last sentence with a quiet sob.

That was weird. “What? Why? Where are you?” You asked, already imagining some very questionable situation.

“I’m in my room. I’m literally gasping for air, I cloaked myself around with my covers and my blanket, I’m so scared.”

“You were reading creepy stories on reddit again, were you” You asked him in a dull voice. “You little baby. Why are you even calling ME, Baekhyun is literally your roommate, go and whine to Baek.” You concluded.

Another shaking sob reached your ear from the phone. “Yes, okay, I was out there on reddit but this isn’t the problem. And I can’t whine to Baek because HE is the problem!” Chanyeol sounded as if he was about to start crying now.

“The freak you are saying, Yeol”

“Y/N, oh my god, please you must come and save me. This is sick. I think Baekhyun is sleepwalking, first he started talking while being asleep and now he SAT ON THE BED and has been like this for about ten minutes, this is creeping me out” He whined.

Baekhyun was your best friend, you knew that he really had a tendency to sleepwalk and sleeptalk, but it usually happened only when he was in a lot of nerves during the day or was bottling up whatever sort of feelings.

However, it hasn’t been happening for a long time so you weren’t expecting him to freak out Chanyeol out of nowhere, knowing that your mutual whiny friend has never experienced Baekhyun in a sleepwalking state before like you already did multiple times.

“Chanyeol, be a phukin’ man.” You said. “Just gently lay him down, GENTLY, without waking him up and it should be fine.”

But before he could answer you, shuffling footsteps made themselves audible through the phone, followed by a louder sob from apparently seriously mortified Chanyeol.

“Y/N, he is sleepwalking and he is SCARING me” He sobbed through the phone. “Oh my god.” You heard sounds of soft bed covers being moved. “HE IS WALKING AROUND THE ROOM. He is going to the freaking door.”

“Chanyeol, do what I just said and stop crying. This is just our Baekhyun, not a monster.” You said.

“But, Y/N” He started again. “What if he has been possessed by an evil ghost impostor and now he is going out there to mess stuff up”

“Park freaking Chanyeol, no one has been possessed and YOU are banned from reading reddit ever again as long as I live. You need to calm down” You knew that he wasn’t going to calm down nonetheless, but it couldn’t hurt trying. “And why are you calling ME?”

“Because” He sobbed. “He’s been calling out your name. As in, he’s been saying things like take me to Y/N and I need Y/N in a sort of whining tone and it’s scary.” He stopped. “Oh my god. He started talking AGAIN, please, Y/N, I will die. Listen”

You held your phone closer to your ear, listening.

And really, you were able to hear Baekhyun’s muttering voice, saying “Y/N. I need to say it. They are holding me back. Why is this locked? Why is this locked?”

Oh god.

“What is this clownery, Chanyeol” You said. “Guide him back to his bed, now.”

But then, you heard it.

Thump, thump, thump.

Thump.

Thump, thump, thump.

“Chanyeol” You said. “What is happening?”

Now the sobs were always more alerting. “Oh my god, he is banging his head on the door to our room, this is so freaky, oh my god” Between Chanyeol’s sobs, there was suddenly an eerie sound of a door being pushed open. “HE IS LEAVING THE ROOM THROUGH THE DOOR.”

“Is he supposed to leave the room through the wall or what??? You FREAKING whining mess, move your GIANT seat and stop him!” You almost screamed through the phone, the whole situation slowly unnerving you.

“He escaped.” Came a sobbing answer.

“You kid” You started again, but Chanyeol interrupted you.

“I won’t touch him, I’m scared to touch him when he’s in a state like this, please, Y/N, help” He whined.

“Okay, I’m coming.” You replied. “But I swear, in this state he could unintentionally hurt himself, and mark my words, if he hurts himself I will hurt YOU” You said whilst taking off your already starting to dry sheet mask. “Wear your stupid Batman socks and follow him!”

“Okay, alright, I’m leaving my station right NOW.”

“And stop talking as if we’re in some stupid action film!” You said. “Stay on the phone for now and tell me where he’s going.”

“Alright” Chanyeol whispered. “He is walking through the corridor, I’m following him, OH PHUK”

“WHAT IS IT NOW”

“He stopped and PHUKIN’ TURNED AROUND AND HE IS FACING ME” Chanyeol basically cried in terror. “Oh my phukin’ god, he is talking again.”

Since it was at night and it was completely quiet, you managed to hear Baekhyun’s delicate, muttered voice through the phone again. “This is my Y/N. I won’t stop. I will spray cheese in your hair if you stop me.”

It was really starting to unnerve even you right now, even though you were very familiar with Baekhyun’s sleepwalking performances like that.

“Yeol, what is happening now”

“He started to walk through the corridor again, oh my freaking god, that was so scary.” He replied. “I think he is going to the laundry room.” He added, a little calmer.

“Okay, you continue following him and I will run to the fourth floor, if he changes the direction, text me immediately.” You quickly said, finishing the call when you made sure your mortified friend understood what you ordered him to do.

You sped up leaving the corridor which led to the female part of the dormitory and ran to the elevator.

It came quickly, and as soon as the door to the fourth floor opened letting you out, you were met with a flushed face of Chanyeol.

“Don’t tell me you lost him.” You said, ready to start your monologue about how much of a whining mess he was if he indeed lost your sleepwalking Baekhyun in the corridors.

“No, but he is being so scary, I swear” Chanyeol pointed to the closed door which led to the laundry room at the end of the corridor. “He is doing it again, what was I supposed to do”

You looked over to the direction where he pointed.

Baekhyun was by the door, thumping his forehead on them over and over, apparently the same thing he did when he started to sleepwalk back in his and Chanyeol’s room before he went out.

It looked as if he was trying to open it, but in this sleepwalking state he obviously couldn’t figure out how to open a door with a sphere-like doorknob.

Without saying anything else, you ran up to him and quickly put your hand between the door and his forehead, stopping him from possibly hurting himself even more.

He didn’t seem to stop swinging though, so you very gently circled his waist with your free arm, securing him so he wouldn’t fall, and carefully took him away from the door.

“Yo, Giantyeol, you are needed.” You quietly called out to Chanyeol, careful not to wake Baekhyun. “We must take him back to your room, but we are taking the elevator, so you press the buttons.”

As you took two more steps, you felt Baekhyun in your embrace slowly leaning in, his asleep body somewhat going limp, a sign that this sleepwalking performance should finish soon, letting him sleep normally.

But before you could call Chanyeol over to help you hold him, his head managed to already very slowly start to fall to rest on your shoulder, in result his soft lips sloppily brushing your dewy cheek, now his entire face snuggled to the crook of your neck with his nose tickling you.

Oh god.

You went red before you could stop it, finally calling Chanyeol. “Yeol, help me move him to the seats.” You pointed to the chairs which, thankfully, were standing just a few metres away.

As you moved over and sat down still holding your asleep best friend, you were left a little surprised when you felt Baekhyun’s arms circling firmly around your waist and snuggling even closer to you, his breathing evening, as if he was calming down.

“Y/N.” Baekhyun started sleeptalking again. “Y/N.”

You gently brushed your fingers through his hair, contemplating whether to really carry him back to his bed or try to delicately wake him up.

Just when you thought screw it, and were about to gently shake him awake, the next sentence which left his lips made you freeze in place.

“Y/N. I love you.” Baekhyun sighed underneath your ear.

What?

You noticed Chanyeol covering his mouth, looking at you.

“He is seriously stating his love to you when he is asleep. I can’t deal with this.” Chanyeol started sobbing again, wiping his eyes.

Before the whole situation could overwhelm you more, you decided to finally wake Baekhyun.

You started to gently nudge him, waiting for him to open his eyes. As you continued to do so, he finally lazily opened his eyes, and within a minute he was sitting next to you fully awake.

“What?” Was the first thing that he said. “What are we doing here? What time is it?” He started to look around a little confused, realizing that it wasn’t his room.

“You sleepwalked all the way here from your room, occasionally scaring Chanyeol to death.” You replied.

“I did?”

“Yes!” Chanyeol stood up. “Dude, you are FREAKING SCARY. I thought you were possessed!” He ran his fingers through his hair. “And you were saying some extremely creepy stuff. AND calling Y/N all the time. AND, you just said that you love her right before you woke up-”

“Chanyeol!” You said, trying to mentally tell him that it really wasn’t a good idea to spill everything just now.

“WHAT?” Baekhyun looked as if his whole life just flashed before his eyes. “No, no, no” He covered his face with his hands. “I screwed up everything.” He muttered.

“Baekhyun” You said, gently pulling his hands away.

“Okay, there’s no use in denying it now, is there?” He started, looking at you. “You know that what I say while being asleep is usually what I want to say awake, right? I planned to finally tell you tomorrow. But I was scared to say it, so I couldn’t sleep normally and that’s obviously the reason why I started sleepwalking again because I didn’t know what to do tomorrow when I see you, and-” He was spilling out everything, leaving you totally flabbergasted.

There was just one thing left for you to do.

You pulled him in interrupting him, resting your chin on his shoulder and snuggling to his neck the same way he did with you when he was still asleep.

“I love you too, my creepy sleepwalker.”