Stare, Gape, Suffocate

Induratize
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's graduation, and Jinwoo is overwhelmed. 

I

 

It's a warm, balmy day. The sky is obscured with thick cloud, chalky grey, scudding and roiling with the promise of storms. Perspiration drips down Jinwoo's back, sticky and slow like molasses.

 

The crowd is suffocating. Students and parents trapped in an endless push and pull, cameras clicking and flashing in bright pops of light. There's an air of celebration all around, but the novelty of it is lost on him. He sweats away in his graduation robes, clutching his high school diploma like some sort of anchor in a vast and untamed sea of screaming people.

 

'Jinwoo-hyung!'

 

Light.

 

Bright, blinding light.

 

Seungyoon reaches him through the throng, and all Jinwoo can do is gape unattractively. The sight of him alone is enough to render him speechless.

 

He looks good, Jinwoo thinks. As if it's some sort of revelation.

 

Seungyoon always looks good, even when he's tired and sweaty after 3 hours of tedious ceremonies. Jinwoo's gaze lingers on his hair, tousled and soft, the proud slope of his nose, his eyes, gleaming like fractured amber, his generous mouth and the coral of his lips.

 

Hypnotizing. Absolutely hypnotizing.

 

* * *

 

 

Kang Seungyoon is a work of art, but that is a conclusion that Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter