Mommy's Special Day

Life with the Kim-Hondas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 1, 6 AM

 

Hitomi wakes up to the sight of her wife sleeping peacefully beside her. Quietly, she gets up out of bed and heads down to wake up the girls. She smiles when she opens the door to their room and finds them both peacefully asleep. As she quietly walks towards their beds, Wonyoung stirs and instantly reaches out for her mama to pick her up.

 

“Mama?”

 

“Good morning Wonnie,” Hitomi said while cradling her youngest in her arms. “Do you know what today is?”

 

“Mommy birfday?”

 

“That’s right Wonnie! You wanna go with Ddaengie to wake up Mommy?”

 

“Mmm.” Wonyoung hummed her approval while snuggling into Hitomi’s neck.

 

With a light chuckle, she moved over to her oldest, and lightly shook her awake. Yujin instantly shot up and stretched her arms.

 

“Hi mama,” Yujin said with a smile on her face.

 

“Hi Ddaengie, you remember what’s so special about today?”

 

“Ooh, ooh! It’s mommy’s birthday, right?”

 

“Yep! She’s still sleeping, so let’s go wake her up?”

 

“Okay!”

 

So with Wonyoung in one of her arms, and Yujin holding her opposite hand, Hitomi brought the children up to Chaewon and her shared room. She laid Wonyoung next to the still sleeping Chaewon and led Yujin to Chaewon’s opposite side. Wonyoung instantly snuggled around her mom’s arm, and Chaewon stirred. Seeing this, Yujin quietly exclaimed “Happy birthday Mommy!” not wanting to wake up her little sister.

 

Wriggling her way out of Wonyoung’s grasp for a bit, Chaewon sat up and picked up Yujin, peppering her with kisses and bringing her in for a bone-crushing hug.

 

“Thank you Ddaengie!”

 

Looking over to Wonyoung, who was still laying down, eyes shut, Chaewon picked her up and said, “Hi Wonnie!”

 

“Happy… mommy… birfday...” Wonyoung said as she phased in and out of consciousness.

 

“Aigoo~ is Wonnie still sleepy?” Chaewon brings Wonyoung closer in a warm, tender embrace

 

“Mmm,” she responded into Chaewon’s shoulder.

 

As Chaewon placed a tender kiss on top of her youngest’s head, Hitomi said to her, “Chaewonnie, I’ll take Yujin to go down and make breakfast for us. You stay here with Wonyoung, okay?”

 

“Go ahead Hii, this little one looks like she needs more sleep anyways,” Chaewon replied, leaning back into the bed with Wonyoung into her bed. “Have fun with Mama, but don’t give her too much trouble, okay Ddaengie?”

 

Yujin nodded her head enthusiastically as her mama led her out the door and down the stairs. As the pair left her sight, Chaewon placed yet another kiss on Wonyoung’s head, and cradled her as she slept.

 

 

“Ddaengie be careful okay? The pans are really hot,” Hitomi warns Yujin, who’s standing on a chair, as she watches her mama fry eggs and bacon on the stove. Yujin stands patiently on the chair, watching the food slowly but surely get cooked. After a couple minutes Hitomi noticed Yujin start tapping her foot in anticipation, so Hitomi turned off the stove and took Yujin over to another part of the kitchen, taking halved oranges out of the fridge along the way. After opening up a cupboard and taking out an orange juicer (a/n: the manual kind, not the electric juicers; safety first kids), she turned to Yujin and asked, “You wanna make some orange juice Ddaengie?”

 

The look of confusion slowly turned into one of excitement as she nodded eagerly. Hitomi then took the time to teach Yujin how to use the juicer, showing her where to put the orange half, where to put her hand, and how to push down. After helping her through it a couple times, she made sure she could do it on her own, and then went back to finishing the bacon and eggs. After she finished with those, she made some french toast, 1 piece per person, and stood to the side as she watched her daughter work hard with the oranges. She smiled as she saw her push and squeeze every bit of juice she could muster out of each piece.

 

“Mama, help!” she heard Yujin exclaim when she found a piece of orange she couldn’t squeeze the juice out of, her strength dwindling. She quickly rushed to her aid and the mother-daughter pair finished making the orange juice. She put a lid on the container of freshly squeezed orange juice and placed the food and four empty cups on a tray. She handed the juice to Yujin, and holding the tray of food, she followed Yujin back up to their room to eat breakfast with Wonyoung and Chaewon.

 

As Hitomi enters the room, she’s met with the sight of Chaewon tickling Wonyoung. Chaewon has a mischievous look on her face while Wonyoung is laughing with a smile so bright, she could replace the sun.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter