the ariel to her eric.

she's a whole warning label

//

 

"greetings jo yuri-ssi," 

 

"AH! what in the world-"

 

do i have to always remind myself not to scare her since she's in the performing arts club? sakura grimaces when yuri's shriek pierces her ear drums. her unexpected and soundless approach from behind caused yuri to abruptly slam her locker shut and whip her head towards her. and at the mere sight of sakura herself, yuri visibly gulps. sakura gives her a knowing smile seeing her pupils quiver upon her presence. 

 

a pretty smile but not so benign, rather a firm one which seems to be screaming at her 'you and detention are going to be best friends'. yuri unconsciously backs up against the lockers, eyes flitting about the classroom in search of the fastest escape route out of her predicament.

 

"i can't help but notice that you have a warning label for a hair colour now. the previous one resembled the sun." sakura gives her striking, freshly dyed red hair a pointed (disapproving) look, 'the sun' having referred to her former hair colour which was blonde. yeah... jo yuri may or may not be a little bit of a rebel in her school.

 

for so many times the student council had issued warnings to her about flouting the school rules (most of it being hair colour), you would think yuri would have already gotten suspended or expelled for continuously defying the regulations... but being the daughter of one of the school's top fundraisers has its perks. despite being rebellious (she also sleeps in classes), yuri has the brains. so the teachers didn't bother eventually, so why would the student council, right? except for this particular member it seems.

 

yuri strongly believes sakura will not stop chasing after her delinquent anytime soon. the girl is just too passionate in her position.

 

"oh... is it that noticeable, miss vice-student-council-president?" yuri's lips curled up slightly in a pitiful, desperate smile, knowing she shouldn't be playful in front of the higher-ups yet still couldn't help herself.

 

sakura didn't even look pleased with how she referred to her as. certainly not a good sign.

 

"let me guess the next colour. blue? are you going to represent the colours of the rainbow?" sakura's sarcasm can sound quite scary, yuri muses— she understands why some students would tremble in their shoes at just the sight of her.

 

"well... do you think i'd look good in blue? you've been eyeing me since morning, miss prez." yuri asserts with a nervous chuckle, she wasn't exactly lying. yuri had felt sakura's stares boring into her head earlier in the day, it doesn't help that they're in the same class (so it takes extra effort to escape her precarious grasp).

 

when sakura gives her a blank stare as a response, yuri takes the risk to ghost along the lockers, eager to walk out the door of freedom (just a few metres away from her clutch). instantly, sakura's stare turned treacherous, eyes narrowed into slits.

 

"not another step," she warns, voice as deep as the marianas trench. yuri would have found it really attractive if it weren't for her trying to escape from earning another exclusive ticket to detention right then.

 

"really sorry prez, i just remembered that i have to help a... teacher out! so... i'llseeyoulater!" a sheepish grin, then yuri bolts out of the classroom, leaving a fuming vice president behind to inhale her rebellious dust.

 

sakura could only release a heavy sigh as she watched the redhead dash away. she, for one, will not waste her time pursuing yuri's stubborn , doesn't have sufficient energy or the athleticism to do so anyway.

 

"she is really asking for detention."

 

.

 

that wasn't the only time the vice president came looking for yuri. yuri knew how persistent sakura can be, so she should have expected that she would also end up looking for her during club time. she just happened to finish belting out a high note when a clubmate called out to her.

 

"yuri-ah! the vice president is asking for you!"

 

is it possible to choke on your voice? because yuri just did, she punches her chest to regain her composure. 

 

"oh no..." yuri was prepared to make up any excuse,"tell the prez i'm..." but sakura pokes her head inside the practice room, a scowl on her face.

 

"busy? or were you planning to scurry off again?" sakura glares, even when it was directed to yuri, everyone else felt her daunting authority overwhelming them. 

 

yuri shoots her a tremulous smile.

 

"...busy?"

 

the corner of sakura's lips twitched. "your hair. no bright colours. easy as that." then her head disappears behind door after delivering her intent. and yuri really thought that was it until sakura pokes her head in again for a last reminder. "unless you want detention." 

 

then she's gone again. 

 

yuri exhales a sigh of relief, grateful that she didn't have to carry her legs to run away from her pursuer. she was all smiles until her ears perked up tuning in a guy's voice from the corner of the room. the way his lips curved up almost in a lecherous manner had yuri hardening her jaw. she didn't like the way he spoke either, it fills her veins with annoyance and disgust. 

 

"dang, i'd kill to go detention if the vice prez was the one monitoring. one on one doesn't sound bad, eh? we could get freaky-" 

 

and at that moment yuri thought, what better way to shut an up than charging him head on?

 

.

 

"i came by your club for a minute and here you are the next."

 

yuri winces when a finger curtly pokes her forehead, which was now bruised and plastered with a bandaid. sakura is seated beside the infirmary bed, a frown on her face. her face clearly shows discontent but yuri knows her too well that sakura was all but angry. 

 

"i don't know why you're looking at me like that, i did nothing wrong." yuri purses her lips, arms folded tightly against her chest. the sight makes it hard for sakura to believe yuri isn't a grumpy child inside a rebel teen's body. (actually, her whole appearance is deceiving.)

 

"yuri, you made some guy's nose ooze liquid literally the colour of your hair." sakura contends, still in disbelief over what yuri had done (and her audacity to do so). sakura remembers how she heard someone yelling in excruciating pain which caused her to return to the practice room with urgency.

 

only to be greeted with yuri's clubmate curling on the ground with his nose leaking crimson red liquid, with yuri herself squatting on the floor wheezing— forehead red and bruised. it doesn't take a smartass to know what unfolded. 

 

"i missed, i meant to hit his mouth after the crap he spouted out." yuri sighed, visibly disappointed about her accuracy and it only made sakura's jaw drop because of how uncaring she sounded.

 

"he was sent to the hospital, pretty sure you broke his nose." sakura claims, pinching yuri's ear as a way of chastising. yuri grunts, trying to pull sakura's hand away from her poor ear. she bruised her forehead, does sakura want to tear off her ear now? fortunately, sakura releases her ear after. 

 

a pout forms on her lips, yuri looks at sakura through her lashes. "...am i gonna get suspended?"

 

with that face, sakura muses no. but decisions like that, usually the school leaders would affirm, not the student council. and before paying yuri a visit in the infirmary, sakura was told of the consequences yuri was going to face. she thinks it isn't bad at all... for someone who got a little violent.

 

"imagine getting suspended for indirectly defending someone." yuri shakes her head, disapproving the notion of getting punishment for doing something she believes is good.

 

her way of defense is a bit violent, sakura refrains from facepalming. it turns out, yuri isn't going to be suspended (surprisingly) because everyone in the room perceived her action as a reasonable one (they were all literally rooting for her). sakura thought that the guy must have been really problematic to have his own clubmates go against him. in the end, he was rushed to the hospital. 

 

"...and because of that, the principal says you'll be tasked to do some overtime in school for a day or two instead." sakura concludes after telling yuri about what her situation would bring her, courtesy of the school leaders.

 

yuri was only ever interested in the last sentence, eyes squinting as she looks at her with dubiety. 

 

"overtime what..." 

 

"what else, silly? cleaning, duh." when sakura saw how yuri's face paled, she added an extra remark, internally laughing at how the latter's face gained colour again after her words. "no toilets though."

 

"oh thank god! i'd rather take out all the trash in the school than do that." yuri sighs in relief dramatically, even clutching her chest. she made it look like she escaped the hardest job in the world, and sakura's lips are twitching as she tries to suppress a smile.

 

"the cafeteria is just as disgusting." sakura mentions, wanting to tease yuri a little but the redhead merely shrugs.

 

"not as disgusting as the toilets. therefore, i am glad." 

 

as a student council member, sakura probably shouldn't be laughing at yuri's words. but it can't be helped that she's effortlessly funny, she wonders if the sight of a mischievous student and a vice president giggling in one frame would be rather interesting to look at. the irony in it is amusing.

 

"for someone so small, you nearly knocked the guy out. did you jump to headbutt him or?"

 

"i am not small."

 

"you kinda are..."

 

"just because you're a little taller?" yuri looks at sakura weirdly, eyeing her up and down mockingly. well, sakura herself isn't that tall either but messing around with yuri is kind of fun. 

 

eventually, sakura rises from her chair, yuri's eyes never leaving her. there was a hint of disappointment in her eyes. 

 

"going off for student council duties?"

 

sakura arches her brows briefly, flicking yuri's nose before giving her a warning look.

 

"stay here and leave only until your club is over."

 

"gladly miss prez." of course yuri is more than happy to skip her club for the rest of the day, the school's infirmary bed is quite comfortable after all.

 

.

 

dusk comes and the clubs eventually start to wrap up their activities for the day. there's a knock on the door to the student council room, sakura already knows who stands behind it.

 

"kkura, your girlfriend came to visit." chaeyeon, the official student council president, exclaims from the entrance, sliding the door open to reveal the (sakura's) troublemaker for the day— someone all too familiar.

 

sakura swivels her chair towards the door, a knowing smile on her lips as she fixes her gaze at the redhead ambling towards her. 

 

"oh? what's trouble doing here at the student council room?"

 

"well, trouble has come to walk home with her girlfriend." said trouble with a flirtatious glint in her eyes.

 

and when yuri leans against sakura's desk with obvious, coquettish intent, chaeyeon takes it as her cue to finally leave. knowing how mischievous yuri can be, chaeyeon lets the girl have her own way, because it seems like only sakura can handle and tolerate her. (girlfriend things, duh.)

 

"okay, i'm gonna evacuate first. lock up the room for me, kkura!" chaeyeon bades them goodbye on her hasty way out. 

 

sakura cranes her neck to call her out one last time for a daily reminder. "jjaeyeon, you didn't forget anything did you?" 

 

"nope! bye!" chaeyeon shakes her head confidently, so certain that she hadn't, then she finally takes her leave.

 

and then there were two. yuri's grin reaches her ears when chaeyeon subsequently left, turning to look at sakura with a sly look. the vice president is keeping herself occupied handling a bunch of papers which yuri has zero interest in, so she bends to rest her elbows on sakura's desk, her smiley face in the clutch of her hands.

 

"so?" yuri breaks the silence with a rather usual start, nudging sakura's arm with an elbow. 

 

yuri resembles a puppy who craves attention— an anticipating grin stretched on her face, her continuous nudges. is it after school hours? yes, but sakura usually doesn't leave when she thinks she hasn't finished something. is jo yuri distracting? very, but sakura isn't going to give in so easily.

 

"your tie is loose." sakura points it out as a tease, not sparing yuri a glance. (it's hard when she actually looks really attractive with a loose tie and red hair. yuri literally screams badass, but she's an adorable one to sakura.) 

 

"gosh, it's after school hours." yuri groans, her grin dissolving into a pout. 

 

"you're in the presence of a student council member." sakura turns her head towards yuri, mustering all her will to not yield to the redhead when the girl starts to tug her blazer sleeve playfully.

 

"who also happens to be my girlfriend." yuri replies smoothly as a matter of fact, wriggling her brows with smug.

 

"oh-ho, you're pulling that card on me?" sakura smiles knowingly.

 

yuri has this habit of placing her chin on sakura's shoulder, and there were times when sakura would try to shrug her off when yuri would intentionally drill her chin on her shoulder. and no matter how hard sakura tries to remain ignorant to the arms that are wrapped loosely around her shoulders, the subdued yet warm feeling of joy that comes with it only engenders, intractable. it's not like sakura has control of it in the first place anyway.

 

"when are you going to be done?" then there's yuri's rhythmic, soft breaths brushing against her ear. from her peripheral vision, yuri's lips are pursed, upset about her overtime.

 

it would certainly make people wonder if this is really the girl who singlehandedly sent a dude almost twice her size to the hospital.

 

sakura suppresses a grin, filing the documents with ease.

 

"patience, little one. i'll be done after i organise these papers." she says, chuckling at yuri's whines. 

 

"sure but can i get a kiss-" of course sakura saw this coming, it was so expected that she swiftly covered yuri's already puckered lips in time before she could steal a smooch, pushing her away playfully. 

 

"nope. don't even try your luck today." sakura wiggles a forefinger as a caution. she isn't going easy for yuri just for today's events. sakura sighs helplessly when yuri nuzzles against the back of her head. 

 

"please?" yuri pleads, and , that adorable change in her voice almost landed sakura in her sly trap.

 

fortunately, sakura still has sense of herself.

 

"maybe if you go detention for flouting the school rules, then i'll consider it." she half teases.

 

yuri lets out a dramatic gasp and jumps away abruptly, a look of betrayal on her face.

 

"unnie! i already have correction work order and you want me to suffer detention?! after i hurt my head?" yuri whines and whines, knowing how her pout affects sakura's mentality (it's super effective!).

 

"i can't believe you dyed your hair red. how much more daring can you get, yul?" sakura manages to ignore (and survive) yuri's complaints.

 

"hey, i question myself too but i'm very daring when i want to be." yuri's eyebrow raise makes sakura embarrassed for the girl, her flirt game is average but her self-praises makes sakura's toes curl. (well, there's nothing wrong with self-love now, is there?) "and red is the perfect colour, no? don't give me that face, i know you like it."

 

yuri shakes sakura's shoulders when she received a weird look from her. sakura's face doesn't say much but internally, she wholeheartedly agrees with this look on her girlfriend. but she isn't about to feed yuri's ego thus, she'll keep her comments to herself.

 

"what are you, ariel?" sakura turns to yuri with a teasing smile, arms crossed against her chest. 

 

yuri is quite relentless with her attacks, did sakura ever mention that? because the next thing she knows, yuri props an elbow on her desk with her head against her palm, a crooked smirk gracing her lips. her whole posture is screaming seduction and sakura struggles to stay on top of her emotions.

 

"i could be, only if you're willing to be my prince eric though." her husky voice was the finish, the most fatal of fatal attacks for miyawaki sakura. 

 

soon enough, sakura sees the picture in her head. her short black hair does in fact make her look like a girl crush (ah wait, she's already one when god carved that lethal jawline on her). slick one side of her hair back and boom, prince kkura? drama club should never know about this. 

 

"that was disgustingly flirtatious and i hate that i got flustered." she did, it's so obvious that yuri's laughing and pointing out her crimson ears, reddened cheeks and twitching lips. 

 

"great, do i get my kiss now?" yuri enthusiatically draws in, already holding onto the arms of sakura's chair and trapping the older in. 

 

but sakura stubbornly jabs a finger on her chest, pushing her back slowly again.

 

"sorry yul, strictly no funny business in the student council room." sakura pokes her tongue out, taking a familiar pen in her hand and begins to play with it. her eyes dart to the door and yuri tilts her head in confusion.

 

"unnie why?? there's no one here-"

 

and yuri nearly lost her soul when the door abruptly barges open, revealing a sweaty chaeyeon gasping for air.

 

"I FORGOT MY FAVOURITE FEATHER PEN!"

 

sakura gives yuri a knowing look, chortling at the scene. she holds out the precious pen to her best friend who blissfully claims it.

 

"behold, the perfect example why."

 

"that's it. next time, i'm dragging you to the janitor's."

 

"oh my god- no yuri, no."