And all they did was eat

Muncher girlfriends strike again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: It was always my plan to write something Seulrene/Chaennie, and so here goes nothing I guess! Seriously, friends Joohyun and Jennie are excited to be going on a double date with themselves and gfs Seulgi and Chaeyoung, only they were until their muncher gf’s strike and the date really becomes about them eating everything in sight, leaving who to take care of them, their gfs of course. Hopefully this goes well, I’d like to write more of these, since of course as you all know both are ships I really love, okay enjoy!
 

 




 

Tonight was going to be an amazing night, Bae Joohyun thought to herself as she entered the apartment shared with her girlfriend Kang Seulgi, after a long day of work the first thing she wants to do is see her girlfriend, who should be home by now too. They had big plans tonight, since the two of them were finally going to be able to meet up with two of their closest friends, and another couple, Kim Jennie and Park Chaeyoung. The date had only been planned for forever it seems, since no one could get the time to meet with everyone’s different work schedules, and other obligations. Tonight, though, they were all set, it would be nice to sit down to a meal with their friends. Joohyun was excited to meet them, but at this moment she was more excited at the thought of seeing Seulgi, who she has only been dating since highschool, but who’s really counting.

 

“Honey?” The brunette calls out, placing her shoes by the door, hanging up her jacket, and briefcase down on the kitchen island for now. Seulgi isn’t answering, but that doesn’t mean she’s not home or anything. Sometimes their schedules add up perfectly where either Seulgi is home just a few moments before her, or she before Seulgi, and of course the nice times where they run into each other on their way home, and go home together, Joohyun always likes those times. 

 

“Seul, you home?”

 

“In here!” She hears Seulgi reply, from the bedroom, and hurries to go greet her properly, with what will be a hug and kiss. Joohyun made it to the doorway when she saw her beloved other half, sitting up in bed eating snacks, and that isn’t the problem or anything. She knows her girlfriend has such an appetite that even Seulgi doesn't know its limits. The brown-haired woman had wide open as she pointed to the blonde in horror. Seulgi popped another chip into , not right away catching the look.

 

“Oh, hey, Hunynie.” She smiles instead. “How was your day.”

 

Joohyun is still pointing at her, seeming to be at a loss for words, until finally finding them. “You’re getting crumbs everywhere!”

 

“What,” Seulgi laughs, monolid eyes forming crescent shapes. “I am not.”

 

“Yes, yes, you are!” Joohyun gets over to her so fast, snatching the remainder of the chips, and this time Seulgi is looking at her with wide eyes. 

 

“Hey!”

 

“No, eating in the bed, honey, absolutely none.”

 

Then Seulgi gets a sly smile on her face. “Oh, no eating in the bed, my mistake, so last night eating you was technically against the rules, yes?” she smiles at how a slight blush on her girlfriend’s pretty face covers her cheeks and it’s cute how even though Joohyun is a little older than her, she gets shy too.

 

“I...well that sort of eating is fine, not food. Anyway, my day was fine, how was yours?” This time, Joohyun greets her with a proper kiss and hug, wrapping her arms around the tanned woman’s broad shoulders. 

 

“My day was fine, much better now that you’re here.”

 

Such a sweet talker, Kang Seulgi is, her words always seem to make her feel like the most special person, cute, adorable face aside that reminds her of a teddy bear, the woman is also the sweetest, most loving person, so much so that it was easy to fall in love with her, too easy. Not that Joohyun had any complaints.

 

“You’re sweet,” She kisses her cheek this time. “Okay, ready for tonight?” Joohyun attempts to smooth out her shirt, since it is slightly wrinkled, and it’s a force of habit. 

 

“Tonight?”

 

“Hon, we’re going out with Jennie and Chaeyoung tonight, remember? The double date we had planned for over four months now.”
 

The younger woman nods, remembering indeed that the four of them had agreed to meeting up, when they all had time for it. It worked out finally in everyone’s schedules, and Seulgi knew she would love to catch up with Chaeyoung who is her close friend, and Jennie who is Joohyun’s close friend, although the four of them as a unit do get along very well, and there was even a joke somewhere about having a double wedding one day in the future. 

 

“Yeah, I remember, Hyun. It’ll be nice to see them, and catch up.”

 

“I think so too, it’s been awhile. Now, one more thing.”

 

Seulgi already knows what’s coming before Joohyun even has to say it, as she has been together with this woman for years, so she knows Joohyun very well, same with Joohyun who knows her the same.

 

“Let me see what you’re wearing tonight so that I can iron it!” Seulgi mouths the words to Joohyun talking, the older woman doesn’t look amused in the slightest, a frown covering her gorgeous face, and big brown eyes looking as if she could just smack Seulgi.

 

“Haha, so funny, seriously let me see your outfit.”

 

“Right away, ma’am.” Seulgi gives a salute, kisses her cheek, and jumps up to gather her chosen outfit for the day, all the while she wonders if Chaeyoung has this sort of issue with Jennie, a girlfriend who acts like a wife and inspects everything. 


 

Park Chaeyoung, is actually currently on her way to pick up Jennie from work, since her car has recently needed repair. Chaeyoung took it upon herself to faithfully pick Jennie up, even though they work at opposite ends of the city. She couldn’t very well leave her wifey stranded, no not Park Chaeyoung, gentlewoman to a fault. 

 

“Chaeng, are you sure you don’t mind picking me up like this.” She can still hear Jennie’s voice in her mind, her sweet and thoughtful girlfriend, who is more concerned about the amount of extra driving she must do, and Chaeyoung always assures her that she doesn’t mind at all, because she doesn’t. Jennie would do the same for her, if she had issues with her car.

 

“Oh, traffic…” The silvery-blonde woman sighs, although she had left early enough from her job, it can’t always be helped that there’s traffic. With her free hand she sends Jennie a quick text.


 

Hubby: Wifey, I’m stuck in traffic, sorry. I should be there in about ten minutes, hopefully? Love you 


 

Kim Jennie looked at the incoming text on her phone, she could just hear Chaeyoung’s sweet words in this text, who didn’t even need to apologize, since it isn’t her fault there’s traffic. The brunette sits down on one of the benches just outside of her office, placing her briefcase down, and waits. She really appreciates her girlfriend for doing all this extra driving, dropping her off, and picking her back up, until her car is repaired. But it’s no surprise since her Chaeyoung is the sweetest person she has ever met, always polite, caring, and takes care of her very well, even though she’s slightly younger. The first thing Jennie would do when she saw her would squeeze those adorable chipmunk cheeks of hers, before kissing the hell out of her girlfriend. She couldn’t wait, and tonight was going to be an especially fun one, since she and Chaeyoung would be meeting with their two close friends, and other couple Joohyun and Seulgi. It had been awhile since they were all able to properly sit down together, so it was another thing Jennie couldn’t wait for.

 

“Speaking of…” She sees Joohyun calling now, probably to make sure they’re all still on for tonight. Jennie answers and greets her friend warmly.

 

“Hey, Hyun. How are you?”
 

“I’m good, Jen, how are you?”

 

“All good here, waiting for Chaeng to come get me so we can get home. We’re still all clear to meet tonight, right?”

 

“What,” Joohyun gets distracted. “Seul, if you think I’m letting you out of the house in that shirt, I question our whole relationship.”

 

A slightly annoyed whine is heard from Seulgi, and Jennie laughs. She finds the other couple quite amusing, as they have that ‘we’ve been together so long energy, that we’re basically married, but still love each other very, very much’ vibe. 

 

“Seul acting up again?” Jennie teases and Joohyun sighs.

 

“She is being a handful as usual.”

 

“Hey, I resent that!”

 

“Anyway, Jen, yes we’re all good for tonight. I made reservations at this very nice Asian-fusion place, I heard nothing but good reviews, so I’m excited we get to try it and see you and Chaeng of course.”

 

“So am I, it’ll be good to catch up.”

 

“It will, I’ll text you the address okay, we need to be there at 7.”
 

“Sure, see you soon, Hyun.”

 

The friends end the call, and just as she is putting her phone away. Jennie looks up when she sees Chaeyoung’s silver Maserti pull up, the exact same car to her black one, and smiles when her girlfriend gets out the car and hurries over to her.

 

“Wifey, sorry I’m…”

 

“Hubby, don’t apologize, hey…” Jennie laughs, because the slightly taller woman picks her up and twirls her around in the air for a few moments, silly, romantic Chaeyoung, whom she loves very much.

 

“Sorry, you just look too beautiful, how could I resist.”

 

Flirty Chaeyoung this time, who never fails to compliment how pretty she looks on a regular basis. The silvery-blonde cups her cheeks and squeezes, which was exactly what Jennie was going to do to her.

 

“Hey, I was going to do that.”

 

“Sorry, how can I resist these cute teddy bear cheeks.”

 

“Well, how can I resist your cute chipmunk cheeks,” she then returns the favor, before kissing her hard on the lips, as she planned to do. Chaeyoung caught off guard for a moment, only a moment though as she returned the favor.

 

“Hi,” Chaeyoung smiles after they break for air. “Ready to go home?”
 

“Yes, I’m so ready to go home, oh, we’re meeting Hyun and Seul at 7, she’ll text me the address of the place.”

 

“Sounds great, I’m looking forward to seeing them both. Oh, hang on.” She opens the car door for Jennie so that she can get in, and again, a perfect example of how very sweet her other half is.

 

“Thanks, hubby.”

 

“You’re always welcome, wifey. Okay, next stop home, and later, meeting with our friends.”

 

It was all set, Joohyun texted Jennie the address and name of the restaurant, she had her black dress ready to go, now all she needed to do was find Seulgi, who seemed to have disappeared somewhere so that she could check her clothes too. 

 

“Kang Seulgi, show me your clothes.”

 

“I thought you said the black shirt and gray pants were fine to wear.” Seulgi comes out of the kitchen, with soda in hand. 

 

“Yes, that is fine, now how badly are they wrinkled.”

 

“They’re not too bad, Hyun.”

 

“Are you sure, sweetie?”

 

“Yes, I’m sure, come with me, I’ll show you.”

 

Seulgi leads her back to their bedroom to which the black dress shirt and gray slacks are neatly placed onto her side of the bed, and at first glance they don’t look as bad as Joohyun might have imagined. Still, she would feel better if she could at least iron over them a little.

 

“Okay, not as bad as I thought, let me at least press them a bit.”

 

“Yes, of course, my ironing maniac.” Seulgi says it lovingly of course, but that makes Joohyun frown a bit.

 

“Ironing maniac?”

 

“Kidding, Hyunnie, I’m kidding. You’re really like my wife already, inspecting everything, making sure I’m good, you know?”

 

Now that makes Joohyun beam. She pretty much is Seulgi’s wife, even if they aren’t technically married yet, that’s a matter of time before it’s a reality. Joohyun gently grabs the blonde’s cheeks and kisses her on the lips.

 

“I am your wife, just waiting for you to put a ring on it.” 

 

“Ah, put a ring on it.” Seulgi laughs, since it’s a nod to one of her favorite singers, Beyonce. “Maybe, I will, soon.”

 

“You’d better, I am not getting any younger here, and neither are you for that matter.”

 

“Haha, so funny, Hyunnie. Anyway, did you have a chance to send Jennie the directions to the restaurant.” Seulgi asks, while sitting down on the bed, not before Joohyun had a chance to grab the clothes first, though. Since she is planning to iron them a bit.

 

“Yes, we’re all set, we should probably leave about 6: 30, it’ll give us enough time to get there, and meet them.”

 

“Sure thing, Hyun.” Seulgi already programmed her gps in her car ahead of time with the exact address. She herself had heard a lot of good things about this place too, and outside of meeting up with their friends, Seulgi knew that she couldn’t wait to try some, or rather several of the dishes. Just the thought of how delicious everything sounded was making the monolid woman hungry.

 

“Oh, well, maybe one snack won’t hurt…”


 

With similar thoughts in her mind, Chaeyoung was already snacking on some chips the moment she and Jennie got back to their place. The brunette wanted to say she was surprised, only she wasn’t at all. Her girlfriend is a notorious mucher, something that she and Seulgi share in common, and both herself and Joohyun will tease them about it, sometimes, in that loving girlfriend sort of way.

 

“Chaeng, you’ll ruin your appetite.”

 

“W-What?” She looks up with wide eyes and slightly puffed up cheeks, living up to the chipmunk nickname indeed. Jennie laughs, walks over to her and playfully pokes one of her cheeks.

 

“Well, probably not, you have a healthy appetite. Still, we should probably get ready soon, I wouldn’t want Hyun or Seulgi waiting for us too long, not when we have reservations. Want to help me pick out an outfit?”

 

Chaeyoung has a good sense of style, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter