The Lonely Princess

Her Little Star.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sometimes looks, money and status isn't all."

 

1

 

Joohyun frowned at the blinding light creeping in through her bedroom window. The birds chirp happily outside, and with a sigh, she slowly sits up on her bed. Rubbing her eyes, she blinks them rapidly to get her vision to focus. It finally does, and just minutes later a knock was heard from the other side of her door.

"Young Miss?" A soft but muffled voice chimes in, and Joohyun recognizes the voice as one of her maids. She hums to herself, getting up and gradually makes her away across the room and opens her bedroom door. Heejin stands behind the door with her usual kind smile, holding her school bag for her.

"Ah, thank you Jinnie." Joohyun smiles at the immediate blush grazing Heejin's cheeks. She always gets embarrassed when Joohyun calls her by her nickname, even though they've known each other since birth. The only difference between them is that while she was born to the wealthy Bae family, Hyejin was born to Joohyun's wealthy family's assistant, the Jeon family. Some would say servants, but the Bae's don't consider the Jeon's as servants, they're family.

"You- You shouldn't call me that, Young Miss." Heejin stumbles, filling with her fingers. 

"Come on, Jinnie. You know that I don't like being called that. Just call me Hyunnie, like you used to." Joohyun smirks, taking her school bag from Heejin while the girl's cheeks blush harder. Ever since they entered high school, Heejin had switched from Joohyun's childhood nickname, Hyunnie, to 'Young Miss.' She always hated the title, so she forced all the maids and butlers in the house to call her Joohyun (although they prefer calling her Miss Joohyun now).

The only one who refused with all her might to change was this stubborn childhood friend of hers.

Heejin smiles, shaking her head. "I won't, Miss Joohyun, now you should hurry and shower. Mrs and Mr Bae are waiting downstairs." Heejin pulls a face while sniffing the air, making it Joohyun's turn to blush.

"Sh- Shut up!" Joohyun says, putting on a frown. Heejin laughs, grinning from ear to ear. She bids her farewell, before walking back down the hall. Joohyun huffs, shutting her bedroom door. She removes her pyjamas, taking a nice bath before slipping on her school uniform. Stuffing her phone and wallet into her bag, she hurries downstairs in the direction of the dinette.

There, just as Heejin had earlier said, Joohyun's parents were already waiting. They smiled at her when she entered the room, and she smiled back. She sat on the table, opposite of her mother and father. Joohyun was an only child, so it was always just the three of them. It was lonely sometimes, but she always had Heejin and Seungwan to play with when she was little.

"Good morning, mother, father." She says, as usual. They return the greeting, and the maids files in to serve breakfast. Today the breakfast was waffles with flax and almond butter and a scrambled egg with a Sunshine Daydream smoothie. They all proceeded to eat in silence, though it was a comfortable silence.

"Hyunnie, dear. Your father has an important meeting today, while I have a club meeting today. So, we're going to be home late today, midnight by the least. Are you okay with staying alone today?" Her mother says, looking at her. Joohyun nods, smiling happily at her beloved mother.

"Of course, mother. I understand, besides, I'm not alone! I have Heejin here with me!" She beams, making her mother laugh before patting her head softly. She leans in the touch, loving her mother's warmth. 

"Thank you, dear. You're always so understanding and sweet." Her mother hugs her, slightly squeezing her before turning to her car. She smiles, before turning to hug her father. He hugs her back, kissing her crown. They both waved at her before driving away, and the smile slips from her face. Joohyun stares at the back of their cars, getting further and further away. She sighs.

Another day alone again.

Joohyun shakes her head, convincing herself that they were just very busy and she understood that. She grabs her school bag, seeing that her driver, Mr Kim, was already waiting for her with a warm smile. She smiles back, slipping into the back seat of the car and they drive off to her high s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter