fin.

stop being denial, joohyun unnie.

“I rented this whole place for you.”

Kang Seulgi said proudly with her stupid grin on her face, and opening her arms acting like she owned this place.

Well, she could if she wanted to.

Joohyun closed her eyes, and sighed. She rubbed her head. Her head suddenly was throbbing hard.

Joohyun sighed, and looked at Seulgi that was still standing in front of her- of course with her arms still opened widely and that stupid grin still plastered on her face.

Getting no response from Joohyun, and the sudden change of expression from the older’s face, Seulgi slowly put down her arms. The stupid grin was no longer there, it was removed with a pout.

“Why? You are not happy?”

Joohyun sighed.

“Why did you do this?”

Seulgi frowned.

“You say you wanted this.”

Joohyun raised one of her eyebrows.

When did she say that?

“When did-“

“That day when you went to this book store, you told me that this place was too crowded. ‘It must be good if there’s no people here’, you said that.”

Joohyun was just randomly blabbering that time. She didn’t even expect Seulgi would take it seriously.

“And why did you take it seriously?”

Seulgi raised one of her hand, and rubbed her back of her head.

“I just want you to be happy… You’ve been so stressed lately because of works, and everything is my dad’s fault! I… I just want you to relax for a while.”

Joohyun softened after hearing the younger’s words.

Well, Seulgi had been so dense. Joohyoun should have known.

“No, I’m not mad. Just don’t do it again, okay?”

Seulgi nodded, and smile happily.

“Now let’s take a look. You can buy whatever you want, I’ll pay!”

Joohyun chuckled.

“Fine.”

Their first encounter was not that good. When Joohyun met Seulgi for the first time, she had a bad impression from the younger. Joohyun thought Seulgi was another spoiled rich kid that loved to do anything she wanted to do. It was Mr. Kang – the CEO of the company that Joohyun had been working for, who asked Joohyun for a favor.

Flashback

Joohyun was working behind her table like usual when suddenly there was a call from Mr. Kang. She didn’t expect that it was Ms. Kang who was calling her. Why would the CEO of the biggest real estate company in Seoul called a random staff like Joohyun?

After knowing it was Mr. Kang who called her, Joohyun quickly changed her way of talking. She started to feel nervous.

Did I do something wrong?

Am I getting fired?

That’s what Joohyun thought that time. And it’s even worse when Mr. Kang told her something.

“Come to of my office now.”

With that, Mr. Kang hung up the call. Joohyun gulped.

“’I’m done.”

-

Joohyun was standing in front of Mr. Kang’s room. She knew she still had to knock the ing door in front of her and met Mr. Kang, soon or late, but she was not ready. And she would never be ready.

Her mind couldn’t stop thinking the worst scenario that would happen to her.

After standing there for 5 minutes, Joohyun finally knocked the door. Her hand was even trembling. Mr. Kang was not a bad CEO, but he still had that aura that made the whole people in this building would quiver in fear. She still had to go in, ready or not. She didn’t want to make it worse by making Mr. Kang wait for too long.

Not long after that, she could hear Mr. Kang’s voice vividly from inside of the room.

“Come in.”

Joohyun only heard his voice, and she was already scared.

Having no choice, Joohyun raised her hand reached the door’s handle in front of her. She opened the door slowly, and entered the room.

After closing the door behind her, Joohyun just stood in her place, and there was Mr. Kang sitting behind her table. Joohyun quickly bowed.

“Good afternoon, Mr. Kang. I’m Bae Joohyun.”

Joohyun was so scared and nervous, but she tried not to be obvious.

“I called you here because I have a favor.”

Joohyun looked at Mr. Kang, confused.

“What can I do?”

Mr. Kang opened a document and scanned it.

“I’ve checked carefully and I’ve decided, you are the most suitable for this.”

Joohyun wondered what Mr. Kang wanted her to do. He could have asked for their manager to tell her, but he was asking Joohyun by himself, personally.”

“Kang Seulgi, come here.”

Kang Seulgi?

Joohyun was too nervous until she didn’t realize there’s another people in this room. There was a small at the corner of the room, and there was someone sitting on the stool. Joohyun could only see her back from here.

“Seulgi, I said come here!”

Joohyun was taken aback after hearing the sudden raise of pitch in Mr. Kang’s voice. The Seulgi girl finally gave up, and made a walk lazily towards Mr. Kang’s desk.

She really resemblant Mr. Kang.

She stopped right beside Mr. Kang.

“I said I don’t want to do this!” She whined.

Joohyun was getting even more confused of this situation.

Mr. Kang sighed, and looked back at Joohyun who had no idea about what’s happening.

“Please help me to train her so she can replace my place.”

Joohyun blinked her eyes a few times.

“Excuse me?”

“I want you to train her until she is good and qualified enough to be the CEO of this company. As you know, I’m getting older. And she is my only child.”

So, this Kang Seulgi is Mr. Kang’s only daughter…

She heard a few rumor about Mr. Kang’s daughter, but there’s no single person in this building that know anything about her. And now the person that everyone has been wondering and talking about was standing not far from her.

Seulgi was just standing there, with her face looking at another direction. Joohyun could see her annoyed face and Seulgi couldn’t stop sighing.

“I know this is gonna be hard, but please, do me this favor. I’ll pay you two times- no, three times higher than this.”

Even if Joohyun didn’t want to do this, she still could not refuse. She didn’t want lose her job.

“This will be hard…” Joohyun said to herself.

-

As Joohyun expected, this is so hard. Seulgi was so whiny which Joohyun could understand. She would do the same if she was forced to do something she didn’t want to. But Joohyun just wanted to finish this quickly and got back to her normal daily life. She just wished Seulgi would cooperate better and not make everything harder for her.

“Joohyun unnie, you know I don’t want to do this.” Seulgi pouted.

It was already two weeks since the first time they met, and it was the 14th day of the training Joohyun had been giving her, but the younger seemed like to get nothing.

“I know, but you know I still have to do this. Please make this easier for me, please?”

“I-I’m sorry, this is just frustrating for me, unnie… you know, I love art so much and it’s my passion, not this.”

Joohyun sighed. She actually felt bad for the younger. Yes, at first, Joohyun thought Seulgi was another spoiled rich kid and loved to whining, but after Seulgi told her about everything, about her passion, about how her father didn’t let her to pursue what she wanted and even forced her to take over the company in the future, Joohyun pitied her.

There’s nothing much that Joohyun could to for the younger. She was just a worker in the company. She had no power, at all.

Joohyun reached out her head and gave a light pat on Seulgi’s head. Growing up without mom (another information that Seulgi told her), Seulgi really loved it when Joohyun did this to her. Even Seulgi was her own boss’ daughter and actually Joohyun was not supposed to do this to her (because it’s kinda disrespectful), but it was Seulgi who being clingy to her first, so she just followed the flow.

“I promise you will be okay. Everything will be hard the first, but you will get used to it. You still can do arts when you have free time.”

Seulgi just nodded, feeling Joohyun’s light pat on her head.

-

One month had passed, and Joohyun could see an improvement in Seulgi. The younger started to understand about the company, about its system, and another basic information. Seulgi was a bit slow (probably because she didn’t like doing this) but Joohyun was really thankful because Seulgi tried her best for her, and she said it a lot of times.

“I did this for you, unnie, not for my dad. I don’t want you to be scolded by dad.”

“I will try the best for you, Joohyun unnie.”

“Thank you for being patient, unnie. I’ll do my best and not disappoint you.”

Seulgi couldn’t stop saying that, and Joohyun couldn’t help but feeling guilty.

Joohyun didn’t think much about that first. How Seulgi always said that she was doing this for Joohyun, that she would to everything for Joohyun. Not forgetting Seulgi became even clingier to Joohyun. She loved hugging Joohyun so much. She also cared about Joohyun a lot.

Joohyun started to think about the possibilities but she chose to ignore those thoughts. Seulgi just saw her as an older sister and maybe a mom figure, and she just saw Seulgi as a younger sister.

Not until Seulgi confessed to her.

“I like you a lot, unnie. You are a good person and you genuinely care about me. I want you to be my girlfriend.”

They were having lunch together at a café near the company building, and Joohyun choked on the noodle she was eating

Seulgi quickly gave Joohyun a glass of water and Joohyun drank all of them. After everything was controlled, Joohyun looked at Seulgi.

“Seulgi, you can’t. I’ve never seen you in that way, not even once.”

“But I like you a lot.” Seulgi pouted.

“You will find someone better, I promise, okay?”

“I only want you. You can say everything, but I won’t give up on you.” Seulgi said seriously.

And Seulgi didn’t lie.

-

“Unnie, you are daydreaming.”

Seulgi was waving her hand in front of Joohyun’s face.”

“Sorry, I was just thinking of something. Let’s go now.”

Seulgi smiled. She reached out her hand, and hold Joohyun’s hand. Joohyun was taken a back because of the sudden physical contact.

Seulgi’s hand felt so warm.

“Where do you want to go first?  I rented this place for the whole day so we have a lot of times here.”

This was not a regular book store. This book store was really huge and they really had everything here.

“Let’s go to book section first. I know you love reading book so much.” Seulgi smiled.

Seulgi walked, with her hand still attached with Joohyun’s, as if she was scared Joohyun would get lost.

Joohyun’s not gonna lie, if Seulgi was not her CEO’s daughters, if they didn’t have 5 years of age difference, Joohyun would fall for her.

Yes, Seulgi was childish. She was whiny and it annoyed Joohyun sometimes. But, other than that, Seulgi was so soft and gentle. She was really hardworking and the most important was, she really cared about Joohyun a lot. Joohyun could tell Seulgi liked her a lot, even more than herself.

“What kind of book you want to read, unnie?”

They arrived at the book sections and there was a huge bookshelf in front of them with various genres. It’s definitely a heaven for a bookworm like Joohyun.

“Uhm, I have nothing in my mind. Let’s see…”

Joohyun randomly took a book from the shelf.

It’s a storybook for kids, with a big cartoon bear printed on the cover.

“The bear looked a lot like you.” Irene chuckled.

Seulgi had always reminded Joohyun to bears. Her fluffy cheeks, and her crescent moon shaped eyes whenever she laughed.

Joohyun was not in the mood to ready anything heavy, so she opened the book and read it. Seulgi just stood beside her, waiting patiently for Joohyun. Seulgi was lying if she didn’t get bored. She was never a fan of books because Seulgi never liked reading at the first place, but everything was not boring when she was with Joohyun. Seulgi knew how much Joohyun loved reading. Although Seulgi disliked it- or you can say she actually hated it, she didn’t mind.

As long as Joohyun was happy. Her Joohyun unnie’s happiness was her priority.

Seulgi didn’t care if she had to go on date with Joohyun at a book store like this, even every day.

Seulgi really didn’t mind.

Joohyun finished reading the book, and put back it to the self. She took another random book, and continued reading it. Seulgi knew Joohyun so well. Once she started reading, she wouldn’t stop until she got bored or tired. Joohyun tended to forget her surroundings because she always was too into her book she was reading. That’s why Seulgi accompanied Joohyun a lot whenever Joohyun went out to book store or library. She was worried that something bad would happen to Joohyun when she was reading her book. If she was there, she could at least look after Joohyun.

One hour has passed, and this is Joohyun’s third book. Still, Joohyun hadn’t even spared a glance to Seulgi since she started reading. Seulgi just stood patiently beside Joohyun and leaning her back to the bookshelf behind her, watching Joohyun that was peacefully reading.

And Seulgi couldn’t stop smiling for one hour.

Seulgi loved starring Joohyun while she was reading books the most. Joohyun looked so peaceful and it made Seulgi felt peaceful as well for some reason.

Joohyun finally finished her third book, and finally look at Seulgi.

“You still remember that I’m here, unnie?” Seulgi teased.

Joohyun put back the book to herself, and faced Seulgi.

“Aren’t you bored?”

Seulgi crossed her hands in front of her chest.

“Yeah, but I got to stare at you for a long time, so I’m not that bored, I guess.”

Joohyun could feel her cheeks were getting warm. Seulgi had always had this impact on her.

“Stop with your sweet words.”  

Seulgi smiled widely.

“You are done? Why don’t you read more? We still got a lot of times.”

“But you are bored.”

“As long as you happy, I’m okay.”

Joohyun looked at Seulgi. Seulgi said this a lot, but Joohyun would still get flustered everytime Seulgi said that.

To be honest, in her 25 yeas of life, Joohyun had never felt loved as much as this.

“Seulgi, we need to talk.”

Seulgi raised one of her eyebrows.

“What’s with the sudden seriousness?”

“Seulgi, we-“

“Whatever you want to say, I still like you.”

Joohyun knew Seulgi would say that.

“I know you don’t have the same feelings, but I will wait. Even if you won’t, it’s okay. I don’t want to burden you. I don’t expect for you to have the same feelings for me, unnie. But please, just let me do this, okay? I’m happy by doing this, so please don’t push me away.”

Joohyun was surprised by the sudden confession coming out for the younger.

“Seulgi, I really don’t deserve you. You can find someone better.”

“Who said you don’t deserve me? I even sometimes think that it’s me who don’t deserve you. Joohyun unnie, I’ve never felt loved and cared by someone as much as you do in my life. My mom passed away when I was still really young, and my dad has always been busy. It’s only you who gives me all of the loves and attentions I need. You are always here whenever I need you. You are always here to comfort me. You are always patient although I know I can be rebel sometimes. I know I’m annoying, but you never get mad at me. You always encourage me to do what I love to do, even my dad can’t do that. You are so beautiful, outside and inside. I really love you. I-“

Seulgi’s long speech was cut out by a pair of lips suddenly crashed with hers. Joohyun’s hands were on Seulgi’s cheeks, cupping them.

It was only a simple peck at first, but their lips started to move on their own. Seulgi’s left hand find her way to Joohyun’s waist, and her right hand on the back of Joohyun’s neck. Seulgi pulled Joohyun’s body closer to her. At this point, their bodies were crashing to each other. Joohyun’s hands had moved to Seulgi’s shoulder, hugging her neck.

Both of them could feel that everything was getting hotter. Seulgi slowly pushed Joohyun’s body to the book shelf behind her, and her tongue found its way to Joohyun’s mouth.

After a few minutes, they finally pulled away to catch some breathe. They haven’t moved a bit for a moment. Seulgi looked at Joohyun that was panting hard from the small making out session they had just now.

Seulgi’s not going to lie that she had imagined kissing Joohyun a lot of times. She just didn’t expect their first kiss would be this hot and it was Joohyun who started it first.

“What was that?” Seulgi asked.

Joohyun’s face was burning. There was a red tint on her cheeks.

“Y-you were so loud so I had to make you shut up.” Joohyun said.

“No. You were kissing me.”

It made Joohyun blushed even more.

Joohyun just kissed her own boss’s daughter- no, she just kissed the future CEO of the company where she was currently working for.

Realization hit Joohyun hard.

She shouldn’t be doing this.

Joohyun removed her hand from Seulgi’s shoulder.

“I-I’m so sorry-“

Before Joohyun could pull herself away from Seulgi, Seulgi already pulled her into a hug. Seulgi buried her face between Joohyun’s crook.

“I have always known that you want me as much as I do, unnie.” Seulgi said.

And Seulgi was right.

It’s Joohyun who had always been denial about her feelings towards the younger.

“Why are you so denial?” Seulgi asked.

Joohyun actually had her own reasons. First, dating Seulgi that was Mr. Kang – her own boss’ daughter just felt so wrong for Joohyun. Second, she was worried about Mr. Kang. She knew Mr. Kang wouldn’t be happy to find that Seulgi was dating her.

Joohyun knew Mr. Kang would probably pair up Seulgi with another person that was of course, with the same social background level as Mr. Kang. Compared to them, Bae Joohyun was nothing. She was just an ordinary staff, that was lucky enough (Joohyun didn’t know if she was lucky or not) to be trusted by Mr. Kang to train her daughter.

“Joohyun unnie? You are dazing out.”

“It just feels so wrong, Seulgi. I was not supposed- no, we are not supposed to have feelings for each other. And I believe your dad won’t be happy if he knows about this. You know…” Joohyun said.

Seulgi looked at Joohyun for a while, and bursted out of laughter.

“Why are you laughing?” Joohyun frowned.

The situation was supposed to be serious, and Joohyun felt there was nothing funny in the words.

“No, unnie, you know what…” Seulgi stopped for a while. She tried to control her laughs, and continue.

“I threatened my dad that I won’t be the CEO if he didn’t let me to date you.”

Joohyun widened her eyes after hearing Seulgi.

“You what???”

Joohyun landed a hard punch on Seulgi’s shoulder.

“Aw, that hurts!”

“Why did you tell that- no, why did you threaten your dad? He’ll be even more upset. It’s not helping at all!”

Seulgi once again flashed her stupid grin why rubbing her shoulder when Joohyun punched her earlier.

“Dad actually likes you a lot, you know. Yes, he prefers me if I can date the daughter of the other company’s CEO that is currently having a contract with our company. You know, for business.” Seulgi stopped, and continued.

“He is actually okay with me dating you. He said you are a good person. That’s why he trusted you to train me at the first place. I know what you have been thinking about my dad, unnie. But come on, this is not a Korean drama.” Seulgi laughed.

Well, maybe it was Joohyun who had been overthinking.

“So…”

Seulgi reached both of Joohyun’s hands, and hold them.

“If that’s what has been stopping you and makes you denial about your feelings, there’s nothing to worry about now, I guess?”

Seulgi starred right into Joohyun’s eyes, and smiled.

“I know, all of this time, you have feelings for me, unnie. You are just being denial.” Seulgi said once again.

Seulgi was not wrong. She was right.

Joohyun had been denial.

“If you know, why didn’t you ask me? About my feelings.” Joohyun asked.

“I just didn’t want to make you uncomfortable. Like what I said, I’ll wait for you until you finally realized your feelings.”

Joohyun was caught red handed.

“Fine, I was being denial.”

The grins on Seulgi grew even bigger.

“I love you.”

Even Joohyun knew about the younger’s feelings for her, she can’t help but blushed at Seulgi’s sudden confession.

“I-I know.”

Joohyun got even more embarrassed. She threw her stare at another direction.

“Come on, say that three magic words. I want to hear it from you.” Seulgi said, teasingly.

“Shut up. Do you think I will randomly kiss someone that I don’t love?” Joohyun said.

“There you go.”

Seulgi pulled Joohyun closer into a hug.

“I love you, Joohyun unnie.”

 

“I love you too, Seulgi.”

 

---