Chapter 1

Our Space
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 1

 

Chaeyoung

 

“You can’t stay in bed forever, Chaeyoung.”

 

He didn’t bother opening his eyes as the curtains were pulled back in his room letting the bright sun invade the dark space.

 

“I can if you leave.”

 

Jeongyeon ignored his words and with practiced ease forced him to sit up in the bed. The older man looked like the perfect chaebol with his model good looks and tailored suit. Compared with his own shaggy mess of hair, beard and crinkled sweatpants especially.

 

“I’m worried about you, Chaeng. Ever since I moved out there’s been no one to keep you in check.”

 

He crossed his arms childishly, “Well no one told you to move out!”

 

“I’m engaged now, I can’t be living in this penthouse with you taking care of you all the time. I have to get ready for married life with Nayeon.”

 

Ah, the woman who had unintentionally brought down his pleasant life. The sad part was that he liked Nayeon, the bunny like girl was fun and kind. She brought out all of his best friend Jeongyeon’s dorkiness and made him happy.

 

But she also caused his bestie to move out and leave him so he was kind of torn on how to feel about her at the moment.

 

“She can move in too!”

 

“Chaeyoung, I’m not moving here with my future wife to live with you. I think it’s time you grew up a little.”

 

“I’m an artist, I’ll always be young at heart.”

 

“Yeah, I’m starting to think that’s the problem.”

 

Geez, low blow.

 

“I can’t believe you left me and Dallae for a woman.”

 

As if agreeing with him, his snow white cat appeared from underneath his covers and meowed in agreement.

 

“Leaving Dallae was hard, leaving you was the easy part.” the older man affectionately pet the cat.

 

Dallae purred in happiness and he realized with some remorse his own cat had betrayed him.

 

Jeongyeon’s phone buzzed, “That’s probably Nayeon, get dressed will you?”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“You promised to get lunch with us! I want my best friend and my fiancé to get along, remember?”

 

He vaguely recalled agreeing to a meal but the memory was fuzzy at best. Jeongyeon had to have asked during one of his work frenzies which was completely not fair because once he went full artist mode, he was basically a zombie.

 

“I’ll take a rain check.” he tried.

 

“No, as one of your two friends, you owe me this much.”

 

It was true, he was an antisocial awkward mess and without Jeongyeon he’d be down 50% of his friends.

 

“Fine.”

 

He got out of bed and threw on a pair of jeans next to his bed and a white t-shirt that had paint splatters. When he went to the bathroom to clean up, he attempted to comb his hair but the mess on his head was untamable. With a shrug he gave up and stepped out to his living room where his friend waited.

 

“Let’s go.” he said.

 

“So nice to know you put so much effort into your appearance.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

After a short drive through the downtown area of the city, they made it to a restaurant that clearly was meant for the more upper crust types. Okay, so he might have been born into that upper crust type but his current hobo like appearance didn’t fit the bill.

 

“C’mon, Nayeon already got a table.”

 

He walked into the shiny restaurant and looked around at the glimmering chandeliers and marble floors, this place sure was fancy. As he entered the booth Nayeon sat at, he gave her a polite smile in greeting.

 

“Chaeyoung, it’s so good to see you!”

 

He squeaked a bit at Nayeon’s bear hug but didn’t move away, mainly due to Jeongyeon’s warning look.

 

“Nice to see you too, noona.” he had known Nayeon for a while but his shyness made it hard to meet her eyes.

 

Nayeon really was beautiful with her bright energy and kind smile. Next to his hyung, they looked perfect for each other.

 

Jeongyeon slid in next to Nayeon and kissed her sweetly on the cheek, making his eye twitch in annoyance at the sugary display.

 

Jeongyeon put his arm around his fiancé, “How was your day?”

 

“Great, I actually had coffee with Momo! She’s my best friend, you remember right Chaeng?”

 

“Yeah, I think we’ve met once.” he awkwardly shifted in his seat.

 

He was having some PTSD flashbacks of an unusually strong Japanese girl squeezing the life out of him.

 

“Yup! Well we were talking and.....”

 

He zoned out at the talk but nodded here and there to make it seem like he was listening.

 

“Hey that might be a good idea, right Chaeyoung?”

 

Oh crap.

 

He nodded, “Yeah, it sounds like it.”

 

“Really?” Jeongyeon looked confused.

 

Nayeon clapped her hand in excitement, “You heard Chaeng, it’s the perfect plan. Momo’s cousin has a place to stay and you have someone that can watch out for him. You know how worried you get that he doesn’t take care of himself without you.”

 

Wait, had he just agreed to letting some stranger become his new roommate?

 

“Well if Chaeyoung agrees, it sounds like a good plan.” Jeongyeon said with finality.

 

He cleared his throat, ready to correct things when Nayeon grabbed his hands and looked at him with wide bunny eyes.

 

“Momo told me this in confidence but her cousin has been having a really hard time lately. There was a big accident that really messed things up so coming to Seoul is like a new start. I’m glad you’re helping someone out who needs it, Chaeyoung.”

 

Well , how was he supposed to correct things now?

 

Okay, someone just needed a place to stay and that was fine. His penthouse was huge and the space was mainly unused. It might be nice to have someone around too, he was getting lonely enough that even Dallae refused to listen to his long rants. That damn cold cat T^T

 

“I’m glad to help.” he said with finality.

 

Mina

 

“I promise, I’m fine.” she adjusted the phone as she dragged her luggage with her through the doors of the luxury building.

 

Momo on the phone still whined with worry, “Are you sure you don’t need me to help you unpack?”

 

“I love you but I doubt you’d be much help.”

 

“Hey!”

 

Her cousin was many things and that included incredibly clumsy. Which was weird considering the power and skill the girl danced with.

 

“I’ll call you after I’m done unpacking, alright?” she said with finality.

 

“Fine, love you Minari!”

 

“Bye.”

 

She hung up the phone and approached the front desk where a young looking man seemed absorbed in a magazine. He had pale skin and messy blonde locks that gave him a punkish vibe, that contrasted with his doorman uniform. When she politely cleared , he scrambled to straighten himself. She noted the nametag that said ‘Dahyun’ on it.

 

“Hello there, how can I help you?” he said with a smile.

 

She replied, “I’m here to pick up a keycard that Son Chaeyoung left for me.”

 

Her new roommate had minimal contact with her but she had gotten all the details from Momo. Apparently her cousin’s best friend Nayeon had helped her find the place. The details she knew was that her new roommate’s name was Chaeyoung and was offering a free place to stay.

 

Of course, she would prefer to live with Momo but her cousin lived in a house with other dancers that was jam packed at the moment. To her, living with this rand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter