all love ever does Is break and burn and end

all love ever does Is break and burn and end
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Thanks for the ride, Wen! I'll see you two tomorrow," Joy bid them goodbye, blowing an air kiss at them before closing the door.

 


Wendy looked at her companion, as they shared an amused smile, Irene shaking her head at Joy's waving figure as they disappear behind the corner after dropping her off.

 


Irene never thought she'd find herself agreeing to an outing with them, but how can she even give another 'no' to them when she's been MIA in almost every hangouts that consists of a certain bob-haired brunette and their gang. She looked out the window, observing the passing blur of buildings and shops, wondering if she did the right thing. 

 


But thinking of the fun grocery shopping they did earlier, she could only smile wistfully, she miss her friends that she knows.


But it's another to admit to herself that she miss the person behind the stirring wheel.

 


"It's been awhile, Hyun," Wendy broke the silence of the car, smiling at her briefly before focusing her eyes on the road.


"Yes," Irene replied, not really sure how to go beyond the word, not sure how much she can say without hearing a crack on her otherwise composed and calm demeanor. She knew for one, that only one and one person can make her feel like she's teethering on the edge of cliff.

 

"So, how've you been? Are you settling down on your new job well?"

 

 

Irene knew Wendy could never fake her curiosity or her concern, she's way too pure and kind for that. But somehow, deep inside Irene wished she just let the silence linger and not ask her questions that 8 months ago she never had a hard time answering.

 


At least with silence, she can pretend being near and alone with Wendy doesn't affect her. At least that way, they can stay cocooned in that cheery atmosphere Joy left them with.

 


How much can she say without feeling like she overshared?

How much can she say without feeling like she's baring her heart out to her?

 

 

"I'm ... doing well. The job doesn't stress me as much, thankfully."


Maybe she should've let the question hanging, she bit her lip at the slip. Unknowingly, insinuating that working in the same company as Wendy stress her out. She would've face palmed herself if only the shorter-brunette didn't look at her with a tinge of sadness in her usually bright eyes.

 


"I'm glad you're settli

Please log in to read the full chapter