Our Shining Season

When We Were Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Our shining season that de couldn't stop

The rain beautifully falling all over my heart

No matter how many times I go back in time,

I will hug you over and over


 

 

But now I hid you in my memories

 

 

 

Spring

Six-thirty in the morning and it was time to wake up. Kyuhyun stirred from the bed, he didn't want to get up. Mondays are awfully heavy.

He turned off the annoying alarm and moved to the bathroom. He took a shower to remove the laziness and got dressed to go to the office.

Without leaving the room before, he approached the bed again, seven in the morning. He the other's hair and smiled.

"Time to wake up sleepy, you should go to work too" giving him a short kiss on the forehead.

"Good morning Kyu" the other still whispered sleepily, rubbing his eyes with one hand.

"Get up Ryeonggu or you'll be late. I'm leaving now" and he kissed him again this time on the lips.

"Aren't you going to have breakfast?" He asked as he got out of bed.

"I'll buy something on the way" he said with a smile. "It's late, I love you, bye" and he hurried out of the room.

"Be careful Kyu" the other shouted at him.

 

The office was close, a few blocks from his apartment actually so he didn't need the car to get there. He walked the wide streets, bought the missing food from a convenience store and continued to the office. The sun was strong, bright and lively, that feeling of wanting to see it constantly but because of the intensity of the light is that you can't see it directly, that's what Kyuhyun felt now. Strange but satisfying. Kyuhyun looked up and with one hand tried to cover the strong sunlight. Ah, today would be an interesting day.

 

But not this way.

 

CRASH

 

A loud sound was heard in the distance, Kyuhyun was already at the entrance of the office and quickly turned in a reflection. A crash. You could see how one car had hit another against some nearby streets. The sound scared everyone, some came to help, others were calling the police and paramedics, others ran away.

Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun's head started to hurt strongly, he felt his mind rumble and he felt chills. The sound of the crash had made him lose his temper. For a moment he saw that ray of sun in front of his eyes.

And fell to the ground.

The other workers who were nearby immediately approached him.

"Mister Cho?! Mister Cho! Are you alright?!" You could hear them say. As soon as the shock came, Kyuhyun regained consciousness and nodded. The headache eased a little and the feeling of emptiness slowly drifted away from his body.

"I-I'm sorry, I wasn't feeling well" he replied to everyone. Kyuhyun got up, took a deep breath, and continued to his own office. Ignoring the others who kept asking about him.

 

 

He opened the door and threw his briefcase on the desk, sat in the chair and stretched his tie giving another breathe.

What had happened?

He massaged the side of his head, sat down, and closed his eyes. The peace was short-lived until Changmin entered.

"Good morning. I need the report from the previous month. The balance sheets are pending" commented the other. Without a reply, he watched him for a few minutes and asked again. "You feel good?"

Kyuhyun sighed and tried to forget what had happened. Maybe that way the headache would go away entirely.

"I'm fine, maybe it's because I didn't eat breakfast that I feel weak"

"Eat breakfast then. I need the reports for today."

"Thanks for the support, friend"

"You're welcome" said the other with a smile and left his office.

 

 

Hours later, Kyuhyun returned from the office and found Ryeowook preparing dinner.

"What are you cooking today?" he asked as he hugged Ryeowook from behind.

"Dangmyeong Tteokbokki, your favorite" the other smiled as he tried to remove the dishes.

"And why is that?" Kyuhyun happily hugged the other even more but that prevented Ryeowook from moving.

“Yah! Let me go and set the table better” Ryeowook scolded.

"Thanks for your love, darling" Kyuhyun teased, and quickly released Ryeowook from hitting him. Then he took out the dishes and utensils and set the table.

Before long, they both sat down and started eating.

"Are you going to tell me why you did it?" Kyuhyun asked curiously again. Not that he complained, but Ryeowook tends to make healthy food or a balanced diet that did not include many flours ... but this time he did it and combined it with noodles. Which was double flour. Come on, this is not normal.

"Don't you want to eat it? Don't do it then” Ryeowook replied annoyed.

"I did not mean that. On the contrary, I'm glad you did” He took Ryeowook's hand and him lightly as he met his eyes. "I just want to know why my husband is spoiling me today"

"Today is the day, Kyu..." Ryeowook whispered.

The day? Kyuhyun turned to look at the calendar hanging on the kitchen wall and saw today's date, April 8, what was on that day? Kyuhyun did not remember. A snap in the head came and made him feel that strange pain again, but this time not as strong as in the morning.

"Eh? Oh, let's eat then…” Kyuhyun started eating quickly, tried to ignore the pain and better thought about the date. If today was an anniversary or a celebration he forgot, Ryeowook would kill him, so he better pretended to know what day it was and spent it spoiling Ryeowook.

 

 

 

········ ⁘ ········

 

 

 

Sunday, the day off of both and Kyuhyun decided that to fix his forgetfulness of the other time he would take Ryeowook on a date. He woke Ryeowook from his sleep with little kisses on his cheeks, on his nose and others on his mouth. Ryeowook woke up and smiled between kisses and started Kyuhyun's hair.

"Good morning Kyu" Ryeowook whispered asleep even without opening his eyes.

“Good morning sleepyhead. Time to get up” giving Ryeowook another kiss on his lips, this time a slower and deeper one than the previous. One that reflected his love for the lowest, his happiness and his emotion. Ryeowook kissed him back, putting his arms around Kyuhyun's shoulders and wrapping him in a hug.

A few moments passed like this until Kyuhyun separated and turned to see Ryeowook. This time, the other had already opened his eyes, smiling and slightly flushed from the kiss.

"Why do we have to get up?" Ryeowook asked, still holding Kyuhyun and his hair again.

"Because we will have a date" and Kyuhyun kissed him again.

"Mh–– Kyu–– Ky––" Ryeowook tried to get up but Kyuhyun prevented him. So he started tapping him lightly. "Yah! How are we going to go if you don't let me go?" Ryeowook laughed.

"Maybe I don't want the date anymore" the other whispered.

"Oh no! Get up!" Ryeowook yelled.

Kyuhyun laughed loudly and went to the bathroom to shelter.

 

 

"Where we go?" Ryeowook asked curiously.

"You told me before that you liked walking on the streets filled with the scent of flowers. Well, we are in the middle of spring, so we can still see the flowers" and he took the other's hand.

Ryeowook was embarrassed. "Do you remember that?"

"Of course. You hit me and yelled at me so I won't forget it" Kyuhyun joked.

"It’s not true!" Ryeowook snorted and hit his arm.

"Like this! Exactly the same" Kyuhyun laughed loudly. Getting another hit from Ryeowook. "Although being honest, I wanted to see this with you. Come on"

They both walked and arrived at the Sansuyu festival. Famous passage where the yellow cornelian cherry flowers were observed. The place was adorned with big yellow trees, leafy, still full of flowers and with a peculiar sweet aroma.

"Kyuhyun, this is ..."

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Kyuhyun finished.

"Too much"

 

 

Due to the festival there were many people. Accompanied by the great natural scenery, there were banners adorning the streets, food shops and people taking photos of the surroundings.

"Welcome to the Sansuyu festival" was heard over the loudspeakers. "The theme of our festival is to find your everlasting love. Stay and enjoy the fireworks to the end. Good luck and have fun" the announcement ended.

"Well I have half won. Only the fireworks left" Kyuhyun laughed. Ryeowook blushed and tapped Kyuhyun again, drawing a smile from the other.

 

They both spent the festival in laughter, taking photos of themselves on site, tasting food from different places, Kyuhyun ttobbokki as always Ryeowook roasted seafood, playing little carnival games, balloons and eating ice cream together. A whole experience, all a few memories.

 

Time passed quickly and the night was drawing near, the fireworks were being prepared and the organizers invited people to choose a comfortable place.

Kyuhyun led Ryeowook a little out of the center of the show and they sat on the floor like everyone else.

"Kyu, this has all been very beautiful" he said happily.

"I knew you were going to like it. I wanted to come with you for days" Kyuhyun replied.

"You really chose a good place. It has been wonderful. Sansuyu ice cream was the rarest and most delicious I've had today" Ryeowook laughed.

"Hey, but you liked it"

"I didn’t say no"

"Hello everyone! Get ready our main event is about to begin" it heard itself say through the speakers again. After a few minutes, the lights of the entire festival went out to better enjoy the night. Immediately, a rain of colors adorned the sky, the sound of the flashes and the multiple colors made the event splendid. People exclaimed with admiration, with emotion, smiling, taking photos. Making memories.

Kyuhyun took advantage of everyone's distraction and took Ryeowook's hand. The other slightly flushed, approached Kyuhyun and laid his head on his shoulder.

"I love you Ryeowook. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me" and he kissed him on the forehead.

"I love you too Kyu" giving him a quick little kiss on the cheek.

Due to the people, they couldn't kiss freely but that night they couldn't let go their hands even for a moment.

 

 

 

········ ⁘ ········

 

 

 

Summer

"Kyuhyun, I need the reports from six months ago for this afternoon's meeting," Changmin said, entering his office.

"Okay. From the current semester or the previous one?"

"This semester is fine. Thank you" replied the other and left immediately.

These months the work had become heavy. There were many things to do and the time with Ryeowook was reduced. Oh, for this summer vacation he would go with Ryeowook to Incheon better and visit the beach. They haven't been to the beach in a long time.

 

 

Three in the afternoon, meeting time. The board of directors is preparing for the audit that would come soon. Because of this, the bosses had been burdening everyone with work so there would be no problems.

Changmin started, being one of the team chief, explained the current situation of the company, pointed out the weak points to take into account and mentioned the balance sheets and statistics of the organization.

"Kyuhyun, hand over the statistics please" Changmin asked.

Kyuhyun handed the papers to each men. For a few minutes, the bosses will be looking at the papers but something was wrong, their expressions were not good.

"Are you saying we have high liabilities?" asked one of the bosses.

"What do you mean?" Changmin asked confused.

"That says here we are having debts" and pointed to the paper that Kyuhyun had given him.

Changmin still confused asked for a copy and saw the error. Those were not the current statistics, they were from 2 years ago so the data was wrong.

"Ah ... sorry we had a mistake. They are not the recent ones" Changmin apologized. He quickly approached his gaze to Kyuhyun asking about the mistake and Kyuhyun just silently apologized. Kyuhyun then looked up the information on the projected computer and put the correct ones in. Changmin was thus able to continue his explanation.

He shouldn't forget these things, not when it's work. What was happening?

The meeting ended well after all and everyone left. Kyuhyun returned to his office and let out a heavy sigh. Changmin entered in a few minutes.

"You're good?" He said concerned.

"Yes, sorry for the mistake. I don't know what happened. I double checked the data" Kyuhyun explained.

"Don't worry. It turned out fine in the end. Are you really okay? You've been feeling lost lately" said his friend.

"Is that so?"

"Well you don't normally make these mistakes. Although it must be for the season..." he said down. "Ah I-I'm sorry, I have to go now" and he left his office quickly.

The season? What did that have to do with it?

 

 

 

········ ⁘ ········

 

 

 

"Ryeonggu, let's go to Incheon" Kyuhyun said out of nowhere.

"To Incheon? But I did go see my parents last week" replied the other.

"But I want to go to the beach. We haven't been in a long time. Actually, I was thinking that for days and now we're on vacation so we can go" he answered honestly.

"Eh? Okay. If you want"

Both begin to prepare their suitcases. It would be a short weekend. A moment of relaxation for both of them.

 

They arrived in Incheon so as not to disturb Ryeowook's parents, they decided to stay in a hotel. They would not have to worry about cleanliness or meals and would simply enjoy their time together.

They left their things at the hotel and decided to walk around the tourist area. They walked through food stalls, gift shops, antique shops until they reached a park. In the middle of it was a pavilion, a little old but spacious. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter