Caught his sight.

Not a Sasaeng fan.

JooHyuk always wonder how these extreme fans got hold of his address, phone number and even able to track down his exact location. He parked his car a few lanes behind his destination. The guys met up earlier, the nearby lots were all taken. No matter how he disguise himself, people can still recognize him. ‘Why are they so curious about others?!’ He sighed in his thoughts, not knowing that it is his 188cm height that easily catches attention. He saw small groups of girls hanging outside the restaurant. He ignored them as much as possible after giving a quick wave to show his appreciation on their love for him. But when their phones are up, the snapping became nonstop. He felt suffocated at their obsessive. 

Although a tiring moment but he never turn down on any gatherings with his friends. When the boys meet up, they talked mostly about games, sports, gym and work. They update each other and shares feedback of their opinions. They motivates and push each other to strives on even if there's hardship to overcome. "Serve you right!" The boys laughed at him when they got into their own car while JooHyuk has to walk a distance. They couldnt give him a lift to his car as his car was parked inconveniently elsewhere. 

The same group of girls started screaming when the boys bid goodbye for the night. It’s as if they are afraid of them. They practically ran away when they appeared at the entrance of the shop. He's glad the girls actually dispersed. He was wrong. While walking towards his parked car, he saw the same few teenages again. He's in disbelief that they actually know where he parked. “You girls! What are you doing standing around someone's car?!” He called out. He relazed when the petrol police came by in time to save him from the stalkers. The young ladies ran off. “Ah!! Hey!!!!” JooHyuk heard the voice. Being the gentlemen, he went up to the source. He didnt want anyone hurt. 

SungKyung has just ended her part time shift. She left by the back door to cut through the ally to the main road. It’s a short cut not many know. Just as she’s making a turn out, a herd of human slammed into her. There was no apologies ,no nothing. What’s left on her was the rubbish they chucked behind. She picked up the cards and posters. ‘Who is this?’ She couldnt recognise the person on those thrown items. “Hey you! Please respect my privacy! Don’t you think it’s rude?” SungKyung looked up towards the voice. She then looked back at the cards in her hands.

“Are you this person? I get that celebrity have their hard times but get this clear. I’m not one of them. Nor will I be any for anyone. There’s people who worry their bread and butter than these! By the way, without them, you people might not have the fame too..” SungKyung handled those trash back at him and walked off. It was then that JooHyuk realised his mistake. He gave chase. “Stop! Please!” He called out. SungKyung turned back, ignored and continued walking on. He caught up to her and held her boney arms to stop her. “What do you want now? Are you like those girls now?” She glared at his face and to his hand that’s touching her. “Sorry.” He apologized. “I misunderstood earlier on. I should have asked before pointing fingers. I’m sorry. I just wanna say this.” He bowed his head low. “Oh. Okay. Let’s get on our way then?” He nodded and she walked off once again.

----------

JooHyuk kept thinking about the girl earlier. Clearly, she does not know him. He thought he’s quite well known. He's on dramas, on advertisements for several brandings. 'Does she not watch television?' He couldn’t get her off his mind. He went back the next day, again and again to the location they first met. There was no sight of her. “Ah! Oh my! You’re the famous actor, right? Why are you here? Are you waiting for someone? JooHyuk crestfallen expression was obvious when it wasn’t SungKyung. He decided to try his luck as he remembers SungKyung wearing the same uniform as the girl before him. “I bumped into this girl few days back. She’s wearing the same uniform as you... She dropped some stuffs and I would like to return her personally.” He lied, not wanting people to be suspicious of his intention. “Here? Hmm.... it’s definitely SungKyung. She’s the only one who uses this exit. We’re here to throw trash only. If she's the one you are lookign for, she’s not on shift this week. That sister moves about alot. Come here next week, she'll be around. Oh man, It stinks here! Gotta go!” JooHyuk drive off soon after. Happy that he’d gotten SungKyung’s name.

----------

“Hi.” SungKyung was surprised at the greeting. “You again. Have a good night.” She walked pass him casually. “Please. Hold on.” JooHyuk hoped for a minute. “What exactly are you trying to do?” SungKyung stopped in her track and turned towards him. “Why are you always in such rush?” He asked casually. “Because I have a life to live by. Is that all? I don’t have all night for this...” She couldnt get a grip on what he's trying to do. “Where are you going? Not home?” He probed on. “Another night shift... so if you excuse me? I am going to be late..” SungKyung sighed. “I’ll give you a lift!” JooHyuk offered enthusiastically. “Let’s not bump into one another again after this. Kill your curiosity in this journey I beg you.” SungKyung gave up and hopped into his car.

JooHyuk asked whatever was on his mind. He’s impressed by how she lived her life. She struggles with monetary aspects since young and even more now with university tuition fees. She's a medical student, currently a resident in SNU Hospital. It’s easy to conclude that she’s one of the top to be selected into the prestigious pediatric department. JooHyuk admires that she works hard even as a doctor to be. “I’m in this line not because of the money. Well, secondary yes. Primarily, i feel kids are vulnerable. Why am I taking on side jobs? I’m poor obviously. This is my life. That’s how I experience the world.” Her frank persona got him attracted to her. 

----------

[Supper?] SungKyung received a text after her night shift at SNUH. It is JooHyuk. Since that night, he didnt kept his promise. She kept bumping into him. He asked for her number on few occasions. She relented seeing his sincerity. He pops by here and there when she’d told him to stay away from her. She has lots on her plate and an addition of a younger than her by 4-years guy appearing out of no where isn’t in her plan. Yet she went against her mind and followed her heart. He dosent give up easily. He peservered. She felt them similar in this area. [Where? I’m done in 10mins.] She replied his text. The reply was immediate. [Alright. See you at the entrance.] JooHyuk beamed at her acceptance to his invitation. SungKyung gradually opened up to him. They have been in such platonic relationship for two years.

----------

Years later, Lee SungKyung is now a full time employee at SNUH. JooHyuk's heart still seek for her. He hasn’t confessed. But deep inside he knows she’s the one. “SungKyung! What are you doing later?” JooHyuk overheard a familiar name. He’d checked into SNUH for a regular checkup. He was with his manager in the cafeteria where he come across SungKyung and a bunch of young doctors lunching. He frowned when it was a guy who asked that question. It’s obvious what his intention are. “Part time!” He saw SungKyung leaned forward to reply sneakily. He didn’t feel good at it when everyone on the table laughed together. “So when are we having dinner Ms. busy?” JooHyuk saw SungKyung shrugged and smirked. She’s a beautiful individual. He’s not blind. Nor others are. As he grew to be a capable and well known actor, her reputation as a skilled pediatrician doctor grown too.

“How’s the check up?” SungKyung popped by his VIP room and looked at his medical result charts. “Everything looks normal. That’s good.” She muttered. His manager know of their exquisite friendship. “Any plans after your shift?” JooHyuk asked, sulking softly when he recalled the earlier event in the cafeteria. “I’m heading to a suburb clinic... I took a two weeks break.” She answered while still looking at his results. “Can I follow?” SungKyung looked up in skepticism. “What for? I’m there to work not play. I won’t have time for you...” She told him off sternly. “I’ve got a few days off too. Suburb sound good to relax further... can I join? I wont disturb you.” She was convinced.

----------

JooHyuk drove them there even when she insisted they go in seperate cars. Because he wanted to tag along, she amended her schedule to fit in some time for him. While she works in the day, he helps out around the old clinic doing handy chores. Kids love him. Even the stray dogs too. “I’ve never felt so contented...” JooHyuk stretched his limbs as they chilled by the evening beach before dinner. The sun was setting. The wind caressing their face. “Take a step back from the busy city.. We see more.. We cherish more...” She smiled at him. “Lee SungKyung...” He called her name. “Hmm...?!!!” JooHyuk pecked her lips lightly. She jerked away. “What was that for!” He felt hurt at her reaction. “Am I not obvious enough? I like you. But now I know it’s a one way street. You don’t have to show that much of disgust...” He turned to walk away. SungKyung woke up from shock from his sudden kiss and caught up with him. “I’m shocked that’s all. It’s my first kiss!” She blushed. JooHyuk was equally surprised to hear that. Secretly, he's happy about that. 'She's too busy to date anyone... Earning money was her only motivation. This woman...' 

“It’s stolen just like tht...” She rolled her eyes at him. “I’m sorry.... I can’t help it...” JooHyuk tried to pacify her. “Forget it. Time don’t rewind. I'll take you as one of my emergency patients that require first aid.” She walked ahead, hiding a grin. He reached for her hand to stop her. “Lee SungKyung... I like you. How do you feel about me?” He used all the courage he has and asked once more. “To be honest, I like you too...” He grinned when he hear she's on the same page as him. “Will you be my girlfriend?” He waited worriedly when she said nothing. “Have you thought this through? I mean... your public status this and that..” She asked in concern. 

He knew she would touched on that. “Honestly. I can’t admit to our relationship if we’re going to have one. Which means, you might not be able to tell your colleagues too... this selfishness, I can’t avoid...” JooHyuk held onto her hand as he said so. This is what she likes about him. He’s upfront on everything to her. He does not sugarcoat his words to please her. He does not give her empty promises. “Then why want to make it official? We can remain like this, as close friends...” SungKyung suggested. “Close friends don’t hold hands, don’t hug, don't.....kiss...” He looked elsewhere bashfully. SungKyung laughed out. “And we can’t possibly announce our marriage without dating first right?” Her eyes widen. “What? That’s where I see us walking towards...” JooHyuk admitted. SungKyung placed her hand over his heart, her forehead against his chin. “Yes, I’ll be your girlfriend on all those conditions you’ve stated earlier..” She looked up and beamed at him. JooHyuk hugged her tight. Before the skyline dimed, their lips sealed once more.