Fin.

almost a love story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, Wendy-unnie. Why don't we play a game?"

Son Seungwan blinked. Twice. Thrice. She almost dropped the currently tilted green Soju Bottle that she carefully held because of a weird proposition Park Sooyoung had opened.

The tall woman looked at her with mischief. It was a bit amusing, at the same time unexpected. Even after filming her Salty Tour schedule, Seungwan jokingly invited her to join her in a little bit of a private Karaoke break to celebrate her Bonsang nomination, just the two of them since the members are busy for promotions. It was unexpected, as Sooyoung immediately agreed without even changing into a more comfortable clothing, and here she was, looking fresh still and charismatically energetic as always, asked Seungwan to play a game before the start of their mini drinking session.

"...It's kind of scary when you're the one suggesting it, Sooyoung-ah."

"Don't be a killjoy, unnie." Sooyoung smirked. "It will be a safe game! Remember, I have to go back to the dorm, and you have to go back at your home in full piece, too."

"Fine, fine." Seungwan cursed at her soft spot to this y Dynamite. "Try me."

"Let's see... Why don't we ask a question of Yes or No to each other? When it's a yes, the other person gets to drink in one shot."

"...Damn, this looks like a scam."

"The game will be easy! Trust me."

"Ughhh.. I get it. Start then."

"Let's see... I'll start with the basic. Your birthday is February 21."

"...I swear you just want me to get drunk. I know your tactics; you can’t fool me."

"Shhh. Just drink."

Seungwan immediately drank the glass on one shot. It was hot, it was intoxicating... but it was liberating.

She missed the feeling of liberation.

Sooyoung whistled. "Whew, strong as always, unnie."

"Of course. My turn." Seungwan playfully tapped the table. "Your assigned color in Red Velvet is Green."

"What? That's too obvious! Not valid!!"


Seungwan playfully shrugged. "Can't hear anything."

"Ugh." Sooyoung, annoyed, grabbed the shot glass and ended her turn quickly in one shot.

The exchange of turns went on and on until they are on their fourth bottle. The karaoke microphone was left unattended, only echoes of laugh and curses bounced all around throughout the room mixing with the blinding lights to layer the impending excitement. Seungwan felt so alive at that moment. It felt refreshing. She felt like she escaped from the world: from her thoughts, from her job, from her rest, from her emotions.

It was almost midnight. Alcohol is starting to dominate her senses. Her chest and lips are on fire, but she's still on control, of course they're not stopping.

Seungwan lifted their fifth Soju bottle and poured with a much less accuracy compared to her first pour. "Yah, Sooyoung-ah. Don't even dare giving up on me here."

Sooyoung, with her face currently in maddening red, answered with a confidence never been like before. "You're threatening the wrong person, unnie. For your information which I know you already knew, I have the highest alcohol tolerance. Just bring it on."

"Wow, challenger. Let's go to a more intense question then." Seungwan's smirk grew larger.

Of course, she knows how to play this game.

"You have a crush on one of our members."

"What the hell?!"

"'What the hell' is not a Yes or No answer, Sooyoung-ah."

"I hate you." Sooyoung grabbed the shot glass angrily. "You'll regret this, unnie." and she drank the alcohol in one shot.

"I knew it! I swear I knew it."

"Your turn." Sooyoung poured the drink into their glass with intensity for thirsty revenge.

"You're in love with one of our members."

An unexpected flip of tension brewed sneakily within the four corners of the Karaoke room.

"What do you mean-"

"I will not hear anything else from you aside from Yes or No'."

Seungwan flinched. Alcohol is not helping her brain in formulating a coherent an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter