Are You Scared?

WooSoo Home

Are You Scared?

 

[Genre : AU, Brothership, Horror || Cast(s) : Nam Woo Hyun (INFINITE), Kim Myung Soo (INFINITE) || Length : Drabble || Author : VanillaLatte1998]

 

______________________________________

 

This house has been haunted from before their family started to live here. Both Woo Hyun and Myung Soo knew it, yet their parents don't. Mom and Dad can't hear those strange voices or see those scary figures that always scared them every night.

 

"Myung Soo-ya, are you asleep?"

 

A soft whisper from his left side makes Myung Soo's eyes open.

 

"Not yet. I can't sleep," he whispered back to his twin brother, Woo Hyun, who is lying awake with calm gaze fixing on him.

 

Even tonight, they still have to sleep on the same bed. Positioning themselves close to each other so that they can overcome their fear.

 

"The ghosts are getting noisier, huh?" said Woo Hyun.

 

"Eum," Myung Soo nodded in agreement. Kinda wondering how could his brother doesn't look frightened like he's supposed to be.

 

It feels odd finding Woo Hyun can keep his cool under this circumstance. As if the negative spirits around them don't bother him at all.

 

"Are you scared?" a wry smile spread across Woo Hyun's face.

 

"Of course I am!" replied Myung Soo. He's staring blankly at the ceiling in the dark, "If only Mom and Dad believe us, then do something to make this stop. I'm longing for a deep sleep at night"

 

"Screw our parents. Unless we both kill ourselves, they'll keep thinking we're just making things up"

 

"Well ... Yeah, you might be right. But still, I hope Mom and Dad will listen to us someday"

 

"Then enjoy hoping for nothing!" Woo Hyun chose not to give much care. "Anyway, why are you still so afraid of those ghosts? We're no longer child, you know!"

 

"That's rich, coming from you!" Myung Soo's brows furrowed in annoyance, "Those things could harm me at any time. Who on earth won't feel the same way I do?"

 

"Ah~ So, if you can make sure they are harmless, will you stop being a chicken?"

 

Myung Soo falls silent for a moment. " ... Maybe?"

 

"Oh, yeah ... ?"

 

"Save the brave boy act, Hyung! I know you're just trying to cover up your fear!" 

 

"Me? Says who? I don't fear them anymore"

 

"Heuh! The biggest bull ever!"

 

"Hey, I'm serious! Let's say I was freaked out before, 'cause they might be dangerous, like you said. But now I know they're not. At least for me. So, there is nothing to be scared of"

 

"Are you kidding? Last time, they made you fall from the balcony until you hurt so bad!"

 

"Well, they'll never do that again for sure," Woo Hyun shrugged his shoulders. "I discovered a way to make them play nice. I've practiced it, and it works!"

 

"Really?" Myung Soo started to seem intrigued, "How? Please tell me! I want to try it too!"

 

The corners of Woo Hyun's lips curl into a strange smile. "They won't hurt you ... If you become one of them"

 

*****

 

-FIN-