Fin

with you in my mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Bae Joohyun stared at the blank ceiling for too long.

 

Her feet were so numb for wearing heels the whole day. A faint headache was stirring indefinitely after facing different flashes of cameras left and right. Her body was slowly, willingly joining the pull of gravity in her bed to wash out the soreness out of their intense preparation of her upcoming sub-unit debut along with Kang Seulgi.

 

Her hair was still wet, collided with water droplets rolling down from her skin after the much-needed bath marking the end of the day. The last day, before the fated day.

 

She blinked dimly. As each seconds passed by, fatigue was slowly submerging her consciousness like a warning of an upcoming avalanche. It was past midnight. She was tired, her body was tired, but her mind was still in an uncontrollable frenzy; from anticipation; from excitement; from the uncertainty of tomorrow.

 

Bae Joohyun closed her eyes.

She hated feeling this vulnerable. 

 

She just wanted the day to end and be ready for their performance. She needs to be prepared. She needs to be confident.

 

She needs to stop the anxiety. She needs to stop worrying. She needs to trust herself and her abilities.

 

She needs to calm down.

She needs to hear Son Seungwan.

 

…Son Seungwan?

 

Joohyun heaved a laughing breath. What a crazy thought. That lovely woman was still resting and probably sleeping at this time of the day. Why does she need to hear her voice? That’s like disturbing Seungwan’s peace. This is not how she should act as a leader.

 

She needs to hear Son Seungwan.

 

How can she fool herself, when she was wearing the t-shirt Seungwan left her one time as a memento before temporarily leaving the dorm, which eventually became her favorite shirt?

 

How can she fool herself, when she was still using the purple pen Seungwan gave her as a birthday gift to sign their albums?

 

How can she fool herself, when ‘Son Seungwan’ was the first in her contacts for her emergency calls?

 

She knew at this moment, that she cannot fool herself anymore.

Her fingers unconsciously pressed the green icon from her phone.

 

One… Two… Three…. Countless rings had passed.

 

She damn knew it. She laughed at herself, "You're an idiot for expecting, Bae Joohyun."

Before succumbing herself to disappointment, a click was heard.

One heavy second.

 

"Hello?"

 

Oh god.

How much she craved for this voice.

 

"Unnie?" A small chuckle strummed her heartstrings softly. "It's almost two in the morning… Why are you still awake?! You have a performance tomorrow…"

 

Her Seungwan, her warm-hearted Son Seungwan.

 

"...Nothing much, I've been thinking about some work related stuff as a preparation, and then I saw your name in my phone.” A little lie won’t hurt. ”…I should ask you the same though, why are you still awake? You should be resting!"

"Ah, I'm just studying some piano chords." She heard a light shuffle of papers from the bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter