final

Pearls n Cafe

Minho stood in front of the jewellery shop, eyeing the pearl necklace that was on display. It's perfect. The perfect  gift for a special someone.

Minho enters the store, and went towards a staff.

"Excuse me, how much stock left for the pearl necklace?" he asked. 

"There's about a 100 pieces. We just receive new stocks today." the staff replied. Minho's face light up hearing this. 

"How much does it cost?" 

"It's 350,000 won, sir." the staff replied. Minho just stood still, his light up face slowly turn off. 

350,000 won? That's equivalent to almost his one year working part-time at a McDonalds. He opened his wallet and check his budget.

19,000 won. He's short like two times that we had right now. He then left the shop with dissapointment.

__________

He laid down on his bed, thinking on how to get around 400,000 won in such a short amount of time. That's quite impossible. He decided on looking inside his emergency savings.

25,000 won. Well, that's 44,000 in total. Then, he spent the whole day searching for some money in his room. He spent almost the whole day in his room that he refused to go out for dinner.

"Ur, Min, what're you doing?" his housemate, Jinki asked.

"Trying to find any money I had left." Minho replied.

"May I ask why?" Jinki ask again. 

"Buying a gift, for someone." Minho replied. Jinki didn't ask anymore and just sat down on the bed.

"Sweet! 70,000 in total found." Minho cried looking at the money he managed to find in his closet. Now he has 114,000 won.

"Just 250,000 more to go." 

"Well, how come you manage to have money in each of your jackets?" Jinki asked, wuite confused.

"It's because I saved almost every bit of what my parents sent me. So I don't ran out of money quickly." Minho replied. Jinki understood his friend's word. 

Minho's family economy isn't very stable. His father works as a factory worker with only 7,000 won a month while his mother is a school teacher, with 3,000 a month. With more than half of the total on paying the bills and fulfilling their needs, they barely had enough for what they want. So, Minho only recieved 1,000 won a month, which to him is more than enough. In order to pay his college and tuition fees, he works part-time at a McDonalds, with 5,000 in two weeks. 

"Great, no more to be found." Minho said, dissapointly. 

"Well, at least you can treat me dinner for the rest of the summer holidays." Jinki said, jokingly only to recieve a death stare from Minho.

__________

Minho sat down at the coffee shop near his apartment. He's going through the newspaper for any wanted signs for a part-time worker. 

"Reading the news?" a female asked. Minho look up. It was Taeyeon, Minho's friend from college.

"No. Searching for a part-time job." Minho replied.

"Didn't you work at a McDonalds?" Taeyeon ask.

"Yes, but the payment isn't enough for me to buy something." Minho said. Taeyeon just look at Minho going through the newspaper.

" How much does the 'something' costs?" Taeyeon asked, again.  

"Around 400,000. Right now I have 114,000 in my pocket." Minho answered. Taeyeon sat down beside Minho.

"You see, one of the employees is taking a break for the summer. So, we're short of a staff. Would you be interested in working part-time? The payments pretty good, too. 7,000 a week." Taeyeon suggested. Minho face light up hearing this. 

"You serious, Yeon?" Minho asked.

"Yes, froggy." she confirmed her words. 

And so, Choi Minho busy life starts in just a dim of light.

__________

Minho work at McDonalds during the day, and at the cafe at night. During regular days, he left the house at 4:00 am, and then returned home on 10, had some sleeps till 2:00 pm, and left for class on 2:30. He live like that for three days a week. 

Now, he left the house to McDonalds on 4, returned at 10, sleep till 2, and works at the cafe till 10:00 pm. It was tiring, but for the money he needed, he doesn't mind.

He works as a waiter. Serving table to table, bringing food and clean the table once it was left. And due to his handsome face and politeness, he got a 2,000 won tip most of the time, much to his surprisement. 

"Looks like someone's got five times tip in a row." Jonghyun, another friend who works at the same place said. Minho just smiled with this statement. They're about to close the cafe.

"I'm being lucky, I guess." he replied. 

"What did the woman said to you just now" Taeyeon ask as she was swiping the floor.

"She said, 'Such a good looking a polite boy'." Minho said, proudly.

"Well, everyday is always your day." Gwiboon said.

Taeyeon, hearing this turned her face away. Minho was pretty weirded out by this. 

"She just ask me what did the woman said, and know she turned away? Is she okay?" Minho asked Jonghyung.

"Dude, I'm pretty sure it's just some mood-swings. You know, girls. Always waking up at the wrong side of the bed." 

PPANG!

"One more remark and you'll be walking home, dino." Gwiboon said, holding a menu.

"YAH! Is it really necessary for you to spank me with a thick damn menu?" Jonghyung crued, holding his head after being spank by Gwiboon.

"At least this menu can teach you some lessons." Gwiboon countered. 

"It doesn't teach me anything, only hurting!" the poor guy cried again.

"Learn more, dinosaur!" 

Ignoring his friends' fight, he immensely focus on Taeyeon, who is arranging the tables and chairs. He's hypnotized by Taeyeon's beauty, which even after eight hours of working, still look stunning. He's wondering how come Taeyeon still doesn't have a boyfriend.

________

It's the third week of Minho's work at the cafe. He's so close on getting 350,000 won to buy the pearl necklace. In just another few weeks, he had enough money to buy the pearl necklace.

Everyday, Minho went to the jewellery store just to look at the necklace, hoping it wasn't out of stock. Thankfully it wasn't. 

As for him and Taeyeon, things was a but awkward. During classes, they talk to each other. While at work, Taeyeon's a bit distant and cold towards to the male, especially when any customers compliment him for his looks and attitude. Not saying Taeyeon is jealous. She got plenty of those as well. But she's cold in a very peculiar way.

That night, it was the four turns to close the cafe. After a bit of a clean up, they think they deserved a bit of a treat of some hot coffee in a cold night. While the older two is busy preparing, Minho and Taeyeon sit down at a table, ignoring eye-contact.

"So, do you have a boyfriend?" Minho suddenly ask.

"Umm, no." Taeyeon answered. "Why'd you ask?" she ask back.

"Nothing. Well, you know many guys want you. I thought you pick out from the bunch?" Minho said, pretty much using a lyric from one of Michael Jackson's song with his brothers.

"If I really want one, I had to leave it to your housemate to decide." Taeyeon respond.

Minho suddenly remembered Jinki being Taeyeon's brother. He's extremely protective of the female, especially when it comes to Taeyeon dating.

"Oh that old man." 

"But I do have a crush on someone." Taeyeon said.

"Really, who?" Minho asked, curiously.

"I don't want to tell. In fact, there's no way he loves me back." Taeyeon said.

"What about you?" Taeyeon said, trying to avoid more questions.

"Like you, though. I really had something to give to that someone. Maybe it will work out between us." Minho said, confidently.

"Lucky for you, having thousands of girls drooling over you." Taeyeon said, grinning. 

Busy chatting, they didn't notice a pot of coffee being placed on te table. 

"So, you guys gonna keep on chatting or let us finish this coffee?" Jonghyun ask.

"The heck, no way!" The two shouted.

__________

Finally, by the end of the summer, his money is enough to purchase the pearl necklace. Minho left the shop as happy as a lark, knowing his mission's complete. All he need to do is to find the special someone.

Minho entered the cafe. He then called for Taeyeon.

"Hey Yeonnie." Minho said.

"So, got the necklace?" Taeyeon asked. Minho nodded.

"Yes. She'll loves it." Minho said. Taeyeon smiled and take Minho's order. 

For a few hours or so, Minho just waited at the table. Till the cafe finally about to close.

"I thought you're waiting for the girl you're 'bout to confess?" Taeyeon asked.

"Well, she's here, actually." Minho easily answered.

"What the f-, what?" Taeyeon almost cursed.

"Who?" and for some reason, Gwiboon, Jonghyun and Jinki who was also at that place, joined the convo.

"Jinx, is it okay if you're sister's dating?" Minho asked.

"Maybe. Depends on who's the dude?" Jinki replied.

"Well, what if the guy is me?" Minho said, making everyone shocked.

"Did you just- Oh my gosh! Choi Minho!" Gwiboon gasped.

"Yup, I do have a feeling or two for Lee Taeyeon." Minho admit.

Taeyeon couldn't hold her smile.

"Oh, that's why Taeyeon hated it when ladies compliment you." Jonghyun said, only to receive a glare from Taeyeon.

"So hyung, do you approve?" Jjong asked.

"Maybe, as long as you treat me chicken for the rest of th... AAAH!" Before Jinki could finished, a menu flew over to him.

"Shut up, oppa. You're the worst." Taeyeon said, not feeling sorry towards her own brother. Minho proceeded on putting the necklace on Taeyeon.

"So, you like the necklace?" Minho asked.

"Like it? I love it! Especially you're the one buying it." Taeyeon replied.

"Well, I'm not as rich as other dudes at campus, but I promise, I'll try and make you the happiest in life." Minho said.

"I don't care you have money or not. As long as you're there for me, that's enough." Taeyeon said, with a smile.

"Okay, this is cute and all but it's almost 10:45 and we need to left like now."  Jinki said, getting up from the floor which he fell to, after escaping the flying menu.

"Come on, hyung. Tomorrow's Saturday. We're class-less!" Minho protested.

"Well, with that 'class-less' day, you can actually go on a 'cute date' with Taeyeon." Gwiboon teased.

"Correction, 'cute, innocent date'." Jinki said.

"Don't worry, hyung. I won't let that happen." Minho convincing Jinki.

"You better be, or else you'll treat us for the rest of the week." Jjong said, this time, no flying menu from Taeyeon, but rather Minho.

~bonusscene~

"Yah! Choi Frog Minho! What's with the menu!" Jjong screamed, with his friends laughing at him.

"Maybe Gwi is right. A menu can actually teach someone a lesson." Minho said. 

"I told ya'" Gwiboon replied, proudly, as she is about to lock the door of the cafè.

One by one people step out, and turn of the lights. As they are getting into Jinki's car, Jonghyun stop a bit. 

"Hey, what if we ditched the lovey dovey?" he suggested.

"If you're saying Minho's driving and then we walk, I said no." Jinki said. He knew too well on how bad Minho drive.

"Actually... that's what I thought of." Jonghyun said. Then, Gwiboon had a sneaky smirk on his face. 

"What if we ditched them now?" both Jinki and Jjong knew what she meant. They quickly get in the car, and drove off.

"What the f... Hey!" Minho almost cussed. "Did they seriously ditch us?" 

Taeyeon giggles at her friends behaviour. She can already tell since earlier that they had been planning to this stuff. 

"So, we're walking back home?" Minho asked the female.

"Maybe?" She replied.

And so, the two walked back home.