Would Anyone Notice?

If I Disappeared
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The two girlfriends were sitting in the living room of the house they got together. Chaewon was all dressed up and looked ready to leave. Hitomi, on the other hand, was in her pajamas and was just sitting at the coffee table writing in her journal that she always kept with her.

“Hitoma?”

“Yes babe?”

“Don’t you think it’s about time we should get going? I don’t think the other ten girls would appreciate it if we were late to the tuple date.”

“Date? Did YulYen happen or are they still hopelessly dense and stubborn?”

“They’re both cowards but I think we all know they’re practically a couple. Anyways, go get changed! We don’t have all day, you know.”

“Alright, alright, geez Chaewonnie, I’m going I’m going.”

As Hitomi got up to get changed, do her make up, and anything else she needed to do to get ready before they embark on the “tuple date”, Chaewon noticed that she had left her journal wide open. So moving over to the sofa where her lover previously sat, she looked into the journal.

 

If I disappeared, would anyone care?

If I disappeared, without so much as an atom of me left on this earth, would it matter to anyone?

After all, what am I but a speck of dust, always clinging onto people, and yet, they just brush me off with the flick of a wrist.

I know, I need to be strong, but I’m exhausted, mentally and emotionally.

It’s hard, going every day, while holding these feelings to myself.

I know Chaewonnie is here for me every step of the way, but I don’t want to be a burden to her. Her dealing with me is more than enough.

But it’s just so hard.

 

As Chaewon read the words on the page, her facial expression transitioned from being intrigued, to shocked, to sad, to pensive. It had always been sunshine and rainbows during the time they had been living together. At least that’s what Chaewon thought. There was never an unhappy moment whenever she was with her favorite bread and cheese lover. It wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to say that Honda Hitomi is the other half to Kim Chaewon. Some people would even go so far as to say that they were soulmates (and by some people, we mean Kim Chaewon herself).

To see the feelings being poured out into her lover’s journal, to see the feelings that were hidden under her happy demeanor, to realize that she’s been dealing with this internal struggle without showing it, to see how much it hurt her to put up an act, it was all so overwhelming. Chaewon left the notebook and returned to the chair she was sitting in prior to Hitomi leaving to get ready.

 

Ten minutes later, Hitomi returns to find Chaewon deep in thought.

“Chaewonnie, is something wrong?”

Silently, Chaewon motioned for the cheeky girl to sit next to her. As she sat down Chaewon held b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter