Fortune 1

Fortune Of A Flower

THE WORLD

 

Eunha's POV


"And where do you think you're going missy?" I was once again stopped by my best friend slash student prefect slash valedictorian of our class--- Yewon.

I turned around slowly, only to face her standing, arms cross, and one eye brow raised, in a background of wild teenagers.

"At the comfort room. Duh." I told her, acting natural as naturally I can.

As of the moment, our Math teacher has not yet arrived and is somewhere else, maybe uh-- I don't care. As a result, students of this class are free to make noise or make out or whatever, which is why my best friend, who did I mention was a student prefect, is having a hard time disciplining them.

"It's the fifth time you went out, and you're going again? Seriously what did you eat? We have a Math quiz coming up! Grab your text book and calculator." She said but she handed me her book, her calculator, a paper and a pencil. Ugh!

"Which makes this as my sixth time." I threw away the things she gave me then I followed her. "I'm begging you, I-- I just hydrated so much that's why I have to pee again. Just let me out please." I pleaded, showing her my very famous puppy eyes that never fail me.

"Ughhh whate---"

"Thank you. You're the best mwuah"

I blew her a kiss then ran out of the room, not even bothering to get a hall pass.

Instead of heading towards the comfort room, I simply changed my path.

Honestly, I went out, not because I needed to pee or something, but I am looking for a way out of this school so that I could go home.

Who wants a quiz anyway?

It's obvious that ain't me.

Apart from that, I also have some important business going on at home.

I continued my pace and oh my gosh, who is that I see? If that is my Math prof, oh I'm dead.

Uh oh.

We're getting closer.

Bye world.

I don't know why, but my legs kept on walking towards our teacher until I am now right in front of her.

"Uhm, ma'am.. I actually came to fetch you. Uhm uh here, let me help you carry those books and we're on our way." Pretty good alibi huh, I know right.

I waited for the books to land on my hands, but I felt nothing.

I looked back at my teacher and now I'm confused. I don't understand what is going on with her right now.

I mean, I know that my beauty could be so distracting, she doesn't need to be stunned. Tee-hee kidding aside.

But seriously.

I am really pretty

Joking, I meant, she's not moving.

Wait, did I do this? How?

"Miss? Miss?? Hello?" I waved my hand in front of her face, but she didn't even flinch nor blink.

What the heck?

I had then decided, that instead of wasting my time here, I went on my way.

I mean, I am suppose to cut class, remember?

Ugh where is the way out again? I have formulated my path the other day, I can't seem to remember. Darn it I should've drawn a map.

Fortunately, there weren't much people, especially teachers in the corridors and hallways. Yay!

I stopped as I reached my destination.

Here at the library.

Wait what? Why am I at the library? Why am I spacing out so much today?

I was about to leave when suddenly, I felt like I am being lifted up...

By thin air? Wha--

"AHHHHH!"

I screamed as the wind suddenly rushed me inside the dark, empty library.

What the fu--

This sounds crazy but this is actually happening right now.

As I got inside the library, all the doors closed shut and all the bulbs lit up. Which is not cool.

I let out a grunt as the wind dropped me off the floor from mid-air. I looked around then collected all the courage to speak.

"W-what is happening?! P-please s-stop! I-I promise not to cut class again! I promise to study hard just take me away from here!"

I pleaded, almost crying as the feeling of fear engulfs me. I hugged my knees tight and buried my face to it.

I certainly am afraid of ghosts and I don't like what's happening right now.

Even if it is not a ghost, whatever this force is, it's still freaking me out.

BLAAG!

"Mother--!" I looked at the big book that had seemed to fall from some shelf, and now is in front of me.

What the heck is this???

Somehow, I felt a little bravery that I held the book and read it's title.

"In this world."

Believe it or not, the book suddenly opened itself. And since it took me by surprise I threw it away again.

Oh my gosh! "I'm only dreaming."

I repeated whispering those words as I closed my eyes. I tried pinching myself numerous times, in different parts of my body, waking myself up, but it's not working. I'm still here, in front of the book with a poem inside.

Am I suppose to read this?

Oh my gosh, what if something happens? I don't want to die yet!

Now I'm regretting leaving the room and not studying for my Math quiz.

I closed my eyes shut again, then opened them one more time.

I'm still here.

I am still here with the book.

I looked at the page where it stopped flipping. It looked old like ancient or something. The font was cursive, and fancy, but it seems to be handwritten.

'Eunha' wait is that my name?

Out of curiosity, I read the poem.

"In this world"

 


At this moment,

 

A beginning of a journey

 

of a flower that is sent

 

to remove all misery.

 

For this world is lost

 

and you shall bring back

 

Bring back hope Eunha

 

Bring back home Eunha