Moments

Moments (SAiDA)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You can do it, Dahyun," Momo told me and already started tearing up. I was staring blankly at her face. Not knowing what to do, not knowing if I can.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Dahyun-ah." My mom held my hand while we were quietly eating dinner. I don't know what's up with us, we aren't usually this silent.

"Do you remember her? Minatozaki Sana?" She asked calmly-- looking straight into my eyes. Then I started reminiscing--

-

"Sana-unnie!" I was about fifteen, I remember. She was my best friend... in fact, the only friend I have. Well, I am very different from what I am before. I am now a jolly- funny person.

"Oh! Dahyun-i." She went down from the slide. As a teenager, that probably is the most common place to meet up with your friends.

"Where have you been? I have been so lonely without you." She told me. I remember smiling from ear to ear after hearing those.

"I had to fix my closet before I go, you know my mom wouldn't let me out without cleaning all my stuff." She nodded her head and giggled. The thought of this, automatically made me smile.

"Should I scold your mom then?"

"Eh? Can you, though?" She didn't answer- instead, she stared at me for a long time. I didn't know the reason why. She always does that, anyway.

"You always stare at me like that."

"Hmm... why? Does it creep you out?" No, Sana-unnie. It made my heart flutter. I'd pay you a million dollars, and you can stare at me forever.

"I'll stop if so..." She added.

"How would those eyes be creepy? You look sincere-- I mean your gaze... it looks sincere." I don't know if I confused her, but she remained silent for a while.

"I am sincere." With a soft voice, she replied. It suddenly became awkward. All we did was look at each other and away, laugh without knowing why. Weird, eh? But that's us.

"Do you remember?" Sana started...

"When we were six, we kept on playing pretend." I smiled upon hearing that... I already know what's next, but I kept listening.

"A family." She giggled. Ah, how embarrassing.

"There's only two of us... then you asked me how we would do it." I felt my cheeks burn hot. I couldn't help it.

"I was like, I don't have a husband." I interrupted, then she nodded her head.

"Why would you need a husband when I'm here?" That's exactly how she said it.

Then I felt my heart coming out of my chest.

This is how I exactly felt after hearing her say it before.

Nothing changed.

"Is it still the same?" All of a sudden, I asked. I didn't want to, that's why I felt regrets.

"What is?" She asked-- puzzled from what I was trying to say.

"No, no, nevermind." Seriously, I regret it.

"I think I get you now." I raised my eyebrow after hearing that.

"If we play pretend one more time, I'd still choose to be your partner." There my heart goes again. Beating like crazy... but why would she say that?

"Even without playing pretend, I think it would always be you." She added.

-

"I do... remember her, mom." I smiled at her, but she didn't do the same. I remember this look, that sadness in her eyes- that I still don't understand.

I felt like there was something... a secret I shouldn't know.

But why can't I know this?

"What's wrong, mom?" There was no reply.

-

Sana went away.

"She's flying to States tomorrow, mom." With a sad tone, I told my mom. She didn't look shocked, but I felt sadness by looking through her eyes.

"Is that so? T-that's all of a sudden." She immediately hugged me.

Sadder than me, she is. I didn't understand why but I couldn't ask.

"Did she-- did she tell you why?" She must be worried about me. Maybe she didn't want me to feel sad as she knows that Sana-unnie, is the only friend I have.

"Studies," I replied shortly. She pressed her lips together and nodded. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You should take care of yourself, Dahyun-i, okay? I'll be back." I always kept that on my mind. She will come back, for me.

"Do I still have to remind you, unnie?" I chuckled before continuing,

"You too should take care."

"Of course, Dahyun. I won't let my love get worried." She, then, used her hands to mess my hair up. She loves doing that.

"Ya! Am I your dog?" I pouted my lips but she still kept on doing it.

"I..." She finally stopped and cupped my cheeks instead.

"love you, Dahyun." I was flustered. I wanted to reply but the words on my head kept jumbling.

She leaned forward which startled me even more.

"Don't you dare forget me." She whispered before kissing me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Sana! Ready?" His dad finally got out of the house. Good thing, he didn't see it happen.

"You know, it's alright to move... you're so stiff." She joked and shook my shoulders.

"S-sorry, I was startled." Was I too honest?

"Want more?" Ahh, she loves teasing me that much, huh?

"Sana!" My mom came, holding a packed lunchbox. I know, my mom is really sweet. She treats Sana-unnie like one of her own too.

"Oh, thank you very much, auntie," Sana replied and took the lunchbox. She's smiling from ear to ear, making my heart jump from happiness.

"You can do it, okay?" They hugged each other. Then, Sana pulled me, making the three of us hug.

"Thank you, please- please take care of Dahyun." She reminded my mom.

"That's the only reason why I am living, Sana." My mom replied and gave a thumbs up.

"What's with that cheesiness, mom?" I chuckled.

-

"She's coming back." She smiled at me. I couldn't believe it at first, Sana-unnie... she is coming back. After the long wait, I will finally get to see her again.

"When? I want to see her so badly, mom!" In a cheerful voice, I almost shouted. My mom finally smiled, maybe that's all she needed. Seeing me happy.

"Here's her number, I met his dad yesterday..." I took the small paper from her and stared at it for seconds. I still can't believe it.

"Go, Dahyun-ah, she must be waiting for a call or text from you." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ahh, why am I feeling nervous? It's just a text, why can't I send it?" Let me clear my name, I am not crazy, but I feel crazy right now. I don't understand what's going on with me.

"Isn't 'hi unnie' too short? Should I type my name too?" I asked myself. it is already 2 in the morning. I swear to you guys, I've been here, staring at my phone for 1 hour.

"What should I do?" I wanted to press the send button but my finger won't cooperate with me.

"Why am I even taking so long?!" Yep, I'm now arguing with myself over this not-so-important thing.

"What if she's sleeping?"

"Eyy, is there even a person these days who sleeps at 2 A.M?"

"People usually sleep at 4, don't try to argue with me."

I sighed,

"Why am I even thinking about that instead of sending this text?" I buried my face on my pillow, building up the courage.

Then my phone made a sound...

I received a text.

'I was waiting for you since afternoon.' It was Sana-unnie.

I was shocked after reading that...

But what made me more shocked, is the fact that I accidentally sent the message without knowing.

"Did I send it while burying my face on the pillow?" I don't even want to think about how red my face is right now.

"Omo!" As I read my text for almost 10x, I realized I even pressed on a heart emoji.

'hi unnie -dahyun ❤️'

I almost threw my phone on the window after realizing that.

'Hello? Still up?' Another text from her.

I hurriedly replied.

'Yeah, sorry. 😳'

Sana: 'Hihi, you must be flustered'

If you can only see, Sana-unnie. You probably would tease me all day.

Sana: 'Did I make your heart flutter?'

I see, you never changed a bit.

'Why would it flutter? 😝'

Sana: 'Because it always does'

Sana: 'You like me that much!'

This girl! She thinks so highly of herself.

'Fine, I always lose.'

Sana: 'Yep, loser.'

Sana: 'It's okay, you received a consolation prize.'

For a second, I was confused.

'Hmmm? What?'

Sana: 'My heart'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not long, we finally met each other again. All I can say is, it was worth it... waiting for that long is worth it.

"Unnie..." She looked very beautiful. Her face changed so much. From chubby Sana, she became ier.

"Ahh!!! Dahyun-ah!" That didn't change. Her cute voice, her scream, that sweet smile, and seductive eyes.

"I missed you." Straight into my arms, she went. I love how she hugged me so tight.

"I can feel how much you missed me." I chuckled.

"Now, let me feel how you missed me." She smirked. Ah, I get it, she's challenging me.

"Should I?" I asked. But before she can say yes, I used my right hand to pull her hoodie, while my left hand-- on her nape. I kissed her, deeper than I am planning to do.

"Do you feel it now?" I asked after pulling out from the kiss. Now, she's the one flustered. I smiled at her and held her hand to check her pulse.

"Whose heart is fluttering, Sana-unnie?" When she's finally okay, she faced me with a smile on her face.

"Those long years did you something good, Dahyun. I like it." She said and tapped my chin lightly.

"You look hotter that way." She added.

-

"Your friends are coming, right?" She asked, looking at her watch. I wonder if she's bored.

We are currently in an amusement park. My friends wanted us to celebrate our friendship's anniversary here. This place is very special to us because this is where it all began.

"Mhmm, they must be on their way." She smiled at me and nodded.

I just noticed how pale she is, she's a bit skinny too. Did she work out a lot on States?

"Staring at my body?" She giggled.

"No..." I swallowed. She might think differently.

"You can have it, just ask." I bit my lips and looked away. I can hear her laughing, pissing me off.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Welcome back, Dahyun's girlfriend!!!" A group of people screamed out loud.

What the actual ...

Did my friends just say that? Out loud?

"What?" Sana in a small voice asked.

"Capture Dahyun's face guys!" Jeongyeon said laughing at my face.

My freaking weird friends are holding balloons, flowers, and a cake.

I mean they are sweet, but embarrassing me like that? In front of Sana? I don't know what to say. 

"This is for you Dahyun's girlfriend!" Chaeyoung popped the confetti in front of Sana's face, making her scream. What a mess.

"Jeongyeon-unnie." I started glaring at her. In moments like this, we all know who the mastermind is...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter