Birthday

My baby's Birthday

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunggyu woke up in morning expecting some delicious smell lingering in air but what greeted him was soft snores coming from a sleeping figure beside him. He sighed and watched the beautiful face for a while before stepping out of bed. 
Sunggyu was eating his toast thinking about old days when Woohyun used to cuddle with him watching movies and planting soft kisses on his forehead all night long on his birthday. Woohyun will bring a tray full of delicious breakfast to bed and place that on table. Then will sneak into bed and hug him from behind tickling his neck with his perfect nose and kissing it till Sunggyu will turn and open his eyes with a soft peck. 
Woohyun was still in bed when Sunggyu was Locking the apartment doors, heading to office. Sunggyu can’t help but sigh once again. He wanted to stay at home and cuddle on couch with Woohyun but apparently Woohyun forgot about his birthday this year. He is missing those begging puppy eyes; for him to take leave from office and stay with him because he might die missing him whole day. 

Today Sunggyu couldn’t focus on work and was snapping at his assistant without any reason. Even when his staff came with a cake in his cabinet during lunch break he wasn’t happy. He was giving a very obvious fake smile while thanking everyone for celebrating his birthday. His secretaries were even afraid to show up I’m front of him by afternoon.
Sunggyu was taking out his anger on papers in front of him. He was scrutinizing every line and word. His intention was only to find error so that he can scream some more on people around him. If birthdays are supposed to be best day of year for a person then sure it was perfectly opposite of that; ty. Worst day of this year… no, not year but his life. He grinted  teeth and pointed the nip of pen so hard that his knuckles turned white. It was the time his phone rung.
Next time he remember, he was already in car, panicked. 
He was driving like a mad man. He almost hit two or three vehicles and saw their owners mouth moving but can’t register even a single word.  His heartbeat was so loud that he couldn’t hear any sound of traffic. 

His legs were losing strength when he was nearing the door of room no 2291. His vision was blurry when he was only a few feet away from door. 
He held the doorknob like his life depends on that. He was standing there with his head down, tears were flowing on cheeks like rivers, he was biting his lips so hard to ease the pain in his heart that he can taste something metallic with every sob. His knuckles were white when a nurse came beside him and placed a hand on his and pushed the gate.
There was a man on bed with a bandage around his arm. Smiling like an idiot, he was.
Sunggyu neared the bed and Woohyun showed him, his full teethy smile and waved at him.
Sunggyu still had his cheeks wet from all the crying.
He closed the distance in a second and slapped the man across the face before sitting on floor with head between his knees.
Woohyun was still processing what happened when the nurse hurried and left the room.

WooHyun PoV 
A day before Sunggyu’s birthday
“You always celebrate hyung's birthday in same style,” the youngest said without any interest. 
“Yes let’s make it special this year,” Dongwoo chirruped.
“Hmm but how?” Woohyun asked.
“leave the job to me,” Sungyeol said with evil glint in his eyes.
“Why am I having a bad feeling about it all,” Myungsoo said while sinking in his chair.
Woohyun looked from one to another and blinked in confusion while Dongwoo pates his shoulder.
Woohyun was restless when he returned home late night according to Sungyeol's plan.
He simply planted a kiss on Sunggyu’s forehead and headed to bathroom without any word. Sunggyu was giving him some weird looks and he knows very well what they mean.
He closed the bathroom door and sighed. It was going to be a long night. 
Woohyun came out of bathroom when clock hit 12 and Woohyun was cursing Sungyeol for his evil plan already. He headed to bed without even sparing an eye to Sunggyu, who was standing there with expecting expressions… of a beautiful birthday night. 
Sunggyu joined him in bed after 10 minutes with a loud thud and when he didn’t got a reply; he slept with his back towards Woohyun with a huff.
Woohyun sighed inwardly and turned toward Sunggyu and dragged him hear to snuggle into his back but only got a slap on the back of his hand in return. WooHyun was obviously stubborn to let go of Sunggyu and hugged him even tightly. Sunggyu stopped struggling after a few minutes and drifted into a deep slumber. 
Woohyun planted a kiss on the bed of his hairs and sung a soft happy birthday to the sleeping beauty and snuggled more into him. Sungyeol and his plan can die but WooHyun needs this.
It was hard to stay in bed for so long next morning. Sunggyu was making it even hard by taking longer than usual to get ready for office.
Woohyun kept on turning on his sides and only his god knows how hard it was to stay in bed and not running to Sunggyu who was letting out his anger on cutlery and invading all over his body right there. He keep on banging his head into pillow till he heard the sound of door closing and click of it getting locked.
His phone rung and it was from the mastermind.
“I am so gonna kill you Yeol,” Woohyun said as soon as clicking the answer button.
“it’s all my pleasure,” Sungyeol said very satisfied with Woohyun’s words.
“well getting from your sweet words my plan worked”, Sungyeol said.
“Yeah yeah now you all come here and help me prepare for the party”, Woohyun said while dragging himself towards bathroom.
Woohyun cooked Sunggyu’s favourite food while others helped in decoration and small vegetables cutting and chopping.
It was already three when they were almost done.
“Who will go get the cake”, everyone became so busy suddenly doing god knows what. Woohyun sighed and grabbed the car keys.
WooHyun rolled his eyes but still can’t contain his smile,  when he saw the cake. It was a Disney princess cake Sungyeol ordered. It was so cute, just like his baby.
Aahh he was Missing Sunggyu as if he haven’t seen him in ages. He wanted to run to him and kiss the hell out of him that very instant. 
Sunggyu’s Sulking face from night was hanging in front of his eyes and last thing he remembers is a car nearing so fast towards him before everything went black.

Back to hospital room

Woohyun was still in confused state and Sunggyu was sitting on floor crying when all 5 entered the room.
Looking at there condition, There was no need for any explanation.
Dongwoo was first to step near Sunggyu and hold him by shoulder to stand up.
Sunggyu looked above in surprise ad when he saw Dongwoo's face with a hint of assurance in eyes and he stood up in a second and hugged Dongwoo and started crying even harder.
“I hate him so much Dongwoo”, Sunggyu said between his sobs.
Woohyun opened his mouth to say something but Myungsoo shock his head, shutting his mouth successfully.
“He is smiling here like an idiot when I encountered a near heart attack because of him,” Sunggyu kept on ranting.
“Like he hadn’t ruined my day enough to be so careless and getting hit by a car”, Sunggyu said turning to Woohyun once again and if not ready to slap him once again.
“Ah so he got hit by car… but… Sunggyu-ssi where was it?” Hoya asked with a smile.
Sunggyu turned toward Hoya and looked at everyone’s face before turning towards Woohyun once again.
“N-Near a… cake shop,” Sunggyu mumbled with shuddering.
“Yes…. Near a cake shop but what was he doing there when he needs to be at work this hour?” Myungsoo asked this time with a caring soft gaze.
“F-For… my birthday”, Sunggyu lowers his head and started rolling the hem of his shirt. Woohyun looked at him with all the love in his eyes. 
“So…” Dongwoo asked. Woohyun was out of his bed and was standing in front of Sunggyu by now
“So you all will be out of this room this very instant. I have had enough of your evil planning now I want to wish my baby happy birthday properly”, Woohyun said taking Sunggyu’s chin in his fingers, raising Sunggyu’s head to look into his eyes.
Woohyun kissed Sunggyu’s wet cheeks when everyone made gagging faces and left the room.
“Happy birthday my sweetheart”, Woohyun pecked him softly.
“I hate you,” Sunggyu said while leaning in.
Woohyun dragged them both towards the bed and jumped on the bed with Sunggyu on his top.
“I think my ears not working properly after accident. Why am I hearing thank you as I hate you”, Woohyun said with a smile.
Sunggyu smiled and hit him on his bandaged arm and Woohyun hissed in pain.
“I am sorry”, Sunggyu panicked and tried to inspect his arm but Woohyun turned there position. 
Woohyun was hovering over Sunggyu now.
“I think we can do something about this” Woohyun said with a smirk while leaning down.