⛲ ❤️ ⛲

Wishing for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wishing for Love
(A SaiDa AU one-shot)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was an old large fountain in a park at the east side of town where Minatozaki Sana lived. Even with its simple style, the fountain was still one of a kind and one of the things to marvel in the small town.

It wasn't just any fountain, though, because some of the townspeople called it the Magic Fountain. Though others also called it as the Wishing Fountain.

It was believed that when a person tossed a coin into the water and make a wish, the statue of Tyche--the Greek goddess of fortune, providence, fate, and chance--on top of the fountain ( being the water distributor) would grant it.

But, like the Magic Lamp, the Magic Fountain could only grant three wishes.

Sana was included among the people who believed, because two of her wishes had already come true. The first and second were to graduate high school and college with flying colors. Of course, she knew she'd done her best to achieve them, but she couldn't help thanking the fountain for the successes she'd gained.

After two of her wishes had come true, she made the Magic Fountain one of her inspirations for her artwork. It was like saying that the wishing powers of the fountain were indeed real. This was also the reason why she wanted to stay here and not work in a city, and the rural life suited Sana best.

Every Saturday, Sana would come to the fountain area to paint, since it was her day off from her work as a digital graphic artist. Painting was always her passion.

Sometimes people would come near her to check out the painting she was working on and then congratulate her for a job well done, causing her to become somewhat famous in their peaceful town. Sana would say thanks with a beaming smile; making people happy with her works was already an achievement for her.

Because, after all, art is for everyone and should be enjoyed by everyone.

This Saturday afternoon, while the sun was setting--the clouds turning into a marvelous bluish orange--there were only a few people around, so the place wasn't that lively, which was a rare occasion for Sana.

When she turned her head to the left while seating on a wooden bench beside a mahogany tree, someone caught her eye: a pale woman. She was wearing a white dress and flats, and she was standing beside the fountain, gazing at its clear waters with a soft smile on her flawless face.

The mysterious woman had ginger hair and angelic features. Sana couldn't clearly see the color of her eyes, though, because of the distance between them. This was just a small town, and Sana was sure this was the first time she'd seen her.

And, for some unknown reason, just by looking at her, everything felt right.

Then Sana realized she was gaping at the woman like an idiot. Snapping herself from her daze, Sana immediately closed , prepared her art utensils, and then started painting the beautiful and serene scene with the woman before her on the canvas, before she'd turn and walk away. The Japanese girl guessed that she was making a wish.

Sana emphasized the painting mostly on the woman and the fountain. What she was doing was still a draft, because she was afraid she'd go any second now. She'd already memorized the scenery in her mind, but she wanted seeing the woman's face while she still could. She just hoped she didn't look like a stalker or something.

But to Sana's dismay, the woman already left when she looked up from her art canvas again. She let out a disappointed sigh, but couldn't do anything about it, anyway, except to continue painting.

 

⛲ ❤️ ⛲

 

It was already evening when Sana was finished with her work. Before leaving, she went to the Magic Fountain, gazed longingly at the statue of Tyche, at the water, then realized something--she didn't make her third wish yet.

Pursing her lips, Sana pondered if this was the right time to use it.

After a full minute of silence debating with herself, Sana fished a coin from her pocket, tossed it into the water, and then made her third wish.

I wish to see her again.

 

⛲ ❤️ ⛲

It had already been two months, but the woman didn't come back to the Magic Fountain anymore. Maybe she went there but not on a Saturday. Sana was crestfallen, but didn't lose hope. She always brought the special painting with her, just in case they'd see each other again.

She finished her new painting (which was an acai bowl because she was craving for one) at seven o'clock in the evening while sitting on a bench beside the lighted lamp post. After fixing her art tools and putting them into her art portfolio case carry bag, she trudged toward the fountain to sit on its side. Sana didn't know why, but she felt not going home yet. There were only a few people passing by at this hour, so it was like only her and the fountain were there. Hearing the calming sound of the water splashing was all she needed at the moment.

The fountain was illuminated by yellowish lights, seeing the coins glittering on the bottom and different colors of roses floating on the water, making it more admirable to gaze at.

Sighing, Sana looked up and saw the moon and stars shining grandly in the sky. There weren't any clouds to be seen. She gave a soft smile while closing her dark-brown eyes, relishing the moment.

A few minutes went by (or so she thought) when Sana heard foots

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter