final.

Outcast
Minju ran her fingers through her hair as she closed her eyes in exhaustion. She then rested her arms at the table and buried her head in it. Exams are approaching and she had pretty much memorized almost half of The Standard Book of Spells Year 4 by Miranda Goshawk. 
 
Being a typical Ravenclaw, she enjoys devoting herself to her studies. She even took lots of extra-curricular classes, including Advanced Arithmacy and Magical Theory. Needless to say, it was very tiring, but she doesn't care as long as she learns something.
 
“Minju?” A female voice said.
 
Minju raised her head. She found Chaeyeon, standing at the other side of the table, eyebrows knitted and looking at her with concern. She was in her winter uniform, with gloves and stripes of bronze and blue scarf hugging her neck loosely. Minju just stared at her, until her eyes landed on a prefect badge at the older girl's cloak.
 
And then it hit her. She let her eyes wander around the now empty study hall. The oversized windows displayed the starry night sky before her eyes. Students have probably gone back to their commonrooms.
 
Minju looked back at Chaeyeon. “Seems like I lost track of time again.” She let out an airy laugh as she lifted a hand to her nape and scratched it softly. “Has your duty started yet?” She asked.
 
“Nope.” Chaeyeon shook her head, smiling. “We still have fifteen minutes before curfew. Come on, I'll walk you to the commonroom.”
 
Minju made an admittance with how adrenaline and energy came back to her body that very moment.
 
[x]
 
Minju chortled in amusement as Chaeyeon complained about how much she hates stairs. Everyone likely agrees with how exhausting it is to climb the steep staircase of the Ravenclaw tower just to get to the commonroom.
 
“I sometimes wish Hogwarts had elevators.” The fifth year Ravenclaw said.
 
Minju giggled and answered, “Don't be silly. You know how majority of magical folks hate muggles’ inventions.”
 
“Yeah. Reminds me of how underrated muggle-related subjects are. As a half-blood, it makes me kind of sad.” Chaeyeon let out a very dramatic sigh.
 
“As a muggleborn, it makes me very sad.”
 
They just smiled at each other, walking side by side as silence enveloped their surroundings. All that they could hear were the echoes of their footsteps, and the faint sound of each other's breathing. It was rather pleasant than awkward.
 
“Are you going to the Yule Ball?”
 
Minju's heart almost leaped out of her chest at the sudden question. The ball is going to be held two days after the exams, and she had totally forgotten about it. 
 
Will she ask me to go with her? She tried to calm herself.
 
“Don't tell me you forgot about it.” Chaeyeon chuckled.
 
“W-Well... Sorta.”
 
“Geez, you're hopeless. You should stop being a nerd on some occasions.” 
 
Chaeyeon suddenly noticed that Minju was fidgeting and the latter's face was red. She frowned. The younger girl must be cold. She wasn't wearing her scarf in the first place.
 
That's why Minju froze, as she suddenly felt warmth around her neck.
 
“You're cold, aren't you?” Chaeyeon said, wrapping her scarf around Minju's neck. “Idiot. Bring your scarf next time.” She smacked Minju's head lightly.
 
The younger Ravenclaw murmured a small thanks, but in reality, she wasn't cold at all.
 
“Uhm, Chae.” She began. “Did someone ask you to the ball already?” She looked at her senior, with eyes full of hope.
 
Chaeyeon's eyes widened. Now she figured why the other girl was fidgeting. “Yeah.”
 
Minju's heart sunk. Of course.
 
“Why do you look so down?” Chaeyeon asked as she fought back a grin. “Have I said something wrong?”
 
Minju tried to sound as cheerful as possible. “Oh, don't worry! I'm just tired. It's been a looong day.”
 
“I see. Well, are you attending?”
 
“Probably no. I don't wanna be an outcast.”
 
By that time, they've already reached the entrance of the commonroom. Minju was about to say the password when,
 
“Just so you know, I rejected them.”
 
Minju spun to look at her. “Rejected what?” Minju asked, confused.
 
“The people who asked me to the ball.”
 
The fourth year tried her best to remain composed. Did I hear it right?
 
“Oh... And why are you telling me that?”
 
“Just wondering, if I ask you out and go with you to the ball, would you still consider yourself an outcast?”
 
 
++++++
for non-potterheads, here's a little glossary for you!
 
Ravenclaw house – One of the four school houses in Hogwarts. Founded by Rowena Ravenclaw. The Ravenclaw coat of arms bears an eagle. It is the house for intelligence, creativity, and individuality.
 
Muggle – Non-magic folks.
 
Muggleborn – A wizard/witch whose parents are both muggles but was born with magic.
 
Yule Ball – A ball celebrated in Hogwarts for Christmas.