Milk and Fireworks

Strawberry Milk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon rushes through the empty hallway, she's a few minutes late for class. She knows that their professor will understand because everybody knows that she's the student council president. Even so, she doesn't really like arriving late for class and she doesn't want people to think that she's abusing the power that her position has.

 

After a few steps, she finally reached their classroom's door which was wide open. Her arm automatically touched the side of the door and she was trying so hard to catch her breath. 

 

"Good morning, miss Kim" the professor greeted. Taeyeon showed a weak smile and greeted the professor back before walking towards her seat just in the middle of the room.

 

Her younger classmate, who was sitting on her right, eyes her while she sips from her small box of strawberry milk. "Busy as usual?" she asked, without taking her eyes off the small girl who is currently wiping the sweat off her forehead.

 

"Council duties. Been super busy since the school festival is fast approaching" she answered before grabbing her water bottle and drinked it rather fast.

 

Taeyeon wiped her wet upper lip with the back of her hand after placing her water bottle back to her bag. She looked at the younger girl. "Seems like you never run out of strawberry milk" she said with a small smile, the latter shrugged as an answer.

 

Tiffany doesn't run out of strawberry milk, for sure. It has been two weeks of opening her locker and finding a small box of strawberry milk inside. At first, she was shocked and she found it weird. How could someone open her locker when it has a lock? Where does the strawberry milk come from? Worry was also present at first, but she thought that as long as none of her items gets lost, it's perfectly fine. How could she not resist the temptation of her favorite drink.

 

She thought that it was just a temporary thing; she thought that she will eventually stop receiving strawberry milk from an anonymous person. But damn she was wrong, it just keeps going on going. Two weeks. Two weeks of receiving strawberry milk from a mysterious person that has access on her locker.

 

Of course, there are times that she feels disappointed whenever she opens her locker and the strawberry milk was nowhere to be found. She thought; maybe the person got broke, or the person was too busy to stop by her locker. But it doesn't matter, she receives two boxes the next day. So it's still a win-win.

 

~

 

The day passed and class has finally ended, giving their whole class a little time to talk about the upcoming school festival that Taeyeon mentioned.

 

The last professor left the room, but the students are still glued to their seats. Tiffany stood up and walked behind the teacher's desk, giving it two hard slams to capture her classmate's attention.

 

"Okay! So, about the school festival..." she said, the whole class anticipated as she pulls out her notebook and watched her as she clicks her pen. "...any ideas of what we should transform out classroom into?" she asked, the class went quiet for a few seconds before the noise came back again. Each and every one of the students trying to brainstorm ideas.

 

Taeyeon suddenly stood up with her right hand raised into the air as she shouted that she has a suggestion, the whole class got quiet again. "Haunted house!" she shouted like a child, earning a few giggles from her classmates, and some even agreed. 

 

Tiffany, the class president, pulled the out the drawer of the teacher's table and grabbed a piece of white chalk. She turned around and pushed the drawer back in with her waist before writing the words 'haunted house' on the board. "Any other suggestions aside from this?" she asked the class.

 

One student raised her hand and stood up to give her own idea. "how about a café?" she said, earning a smile from the class president. Tiffany wrote 'café' on the board as well.

 

"More?" she asked again, facing the class.

 

A tall girl suddenly jolted up and excitement was very present on her face. "How about a haunted house AND a café?" she asked. The whole class let out a curious 'oooo' with the idea, but there's one problem.

 

"We can't do that, Soo. Our room is too small" Tiffany said, some of her classmates nodded. "I think it is best to just stick with one activity for now" she added. The tall girl let out a playful huff before sitting back down.

 

"The café sounds good," one student commented "I think the haunted house requires a lot of work and preparation. For the props, costumes and so on" she added. The class president nodded.

 

Taeyeon squinted her eyes on the student who just pushed her idea off the list, the latter just let her tongue out playfully. 

 

"So, are we gonna go with café?" the class president asked. The whole class agreed. With a small satisfied smile, she turned her back and erased the words 'haunted house' from the board, leaving only the word 'café'. "And it's settled! Café it is. We'll talk about the deeper details tomorrow. See you around" she said, dismissing the class. 

 

The rest got up and out of the room fast, eager to leave the school. The class president turned around again and cleaned the board, leaving no writing behind. The classroom got quiet, indicating that everybody left.

 

But not everybody.

 

Taeyeon was still on her desk. Yes, desk. She was leaning on her desk cooly as she wait for the class president to turn around. And when she did, she jumped a little since she was not expecting anyone left in the room. "You scared me" she said with her right hand on her chest. She grabbed her notebook and pen, which was useless since she wrote on the board, and proceeded to her spot to get her bag.

 

"Should've went with haunted house" she small student council president pouted, receiving a small laugh from the class president. "What? It will be fun!" she exclaimed, Tiffany shrugged again.

 

"That's what they want" Tiffany said as she put her bag on her shoulder and walked towards the door, ready to leave. The small girl followed behind.

 

"Is that what you want?" Taeyeon asked, Tiffany nodded in response. "Oh, so it's just me against everybody then" she said with a sad tone. The latter just smiled.

 

The walk through the hallway was quiet, but not awkward. The two girls finally reached the lockers area, Taeyeon watched as Tiffany inserted the key to open her locker. Tiffany's eyebrows went up with what she saw.

 

Due to curiosity, Taeyeon leaned closer to see what made the latter react that way. "Oh, another strawberry milk" she said, eyeing the small box on the middle of Tiffany's locker. "Your locker must have some kind of magic" she added. Tiffany didn't say a thing. She proceeded to putting her books and notebooks into the locker before grabbing the milk and putting it into her bag. She closed her locker's door and proceeded to walking again, leaving the small girl behind.

 

"Why don't you wait for me before you walk" Taeyeon follwed behind again, Tiffany turned around to face the small girl who stopped on her tracks on the sudden eye contact.

 

Taeyeon let an unconscious gulp, suddenly feeling nervous. "Why did you wait for me?" the taller girl asked with their eyes still glued together.

 

Taeyeon felt a little awkward with the contact so her eyes drifted on the floor, staring at absolutely nothing. "I was gonna complain about not going with the haunted house, but then you said that you wanted the café idea so there's nothing that I can do about it now." the taller girl let out a soft giggle before messing Taeyeon's hair. 

 

"I'm sorry. We can try that next year" she said before walking again, leaving the small girl frozen in place.

 

"But we're graduating" she whispered to herself as she watch the tall girl with a beautiful body figure walk away.

 

~

 

Taeyeon is a very busy person. There are days that she's excused for the whole day due to student council duties. She pays a visit on their classroom whenever she has a quick free time just to check what ever it is that is happening on their class. And with that chance, she was able to tease the class president.

 

Taeyeon has been teasing Tiffany every since they became classmates at the beginning of high school up until now, their last year. Whenever Tiffany has something to say or announce to the class, Taeyeon is always on the side of the teacher's desk to . Tiffany doesn't mind since she got used to it. It has been years, after all. She may hate to ad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter