one

Fool For you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungeun didn't hate her job. She didn't particularly like it though either. Like any job, it had its ups and its downs, there being many more of the former than the latter. 

 

The customers could talk to her however they wanted, being more rude than not. The cafe was almost always busy since they were so close to the local college. And by the end of her shift, she almost always smelled like a mixture of coffee beans and cleaner which wasn't a pleasant combination. 

 

On the other hand, she loved working with her best friend, Jiwoo, the girl always bringing her pleasant mood into the workplace. As soon as Jiwoo showed up to work, it was like her whole mood completely shifted. it didn't matter what time of day it was, Jiwoo was always excited and spent the entire shift talking Jungeun's ear off, just as she was right now. 

 

“-So, I was totally thinking we should get, like matching scooters or something. Yours could be red and mine be pink! Wouldn’t that be so cute, Jungie?” Before she could even laugh at how loud and fast the girl was talking, their manager, Vivi cut them off. 

 

“Jiwoo, I’m sure this conversation could happen at literally any other time of the day besides during your shift. Now, come over and prep for rush hour.” Jiwoo pouted slightly, but complied anyways and walked away, but not before shooting Jungeun a huge smile despite the fact that she had literally just been scolded. Their manager could be considered both an up and a down. Normally, she was always laidback and didn’t really mind when the pair of best friends talked to each other, but from time to time, she seemed to be completely over their antics. 

 

Her favorite thing about working at the cafe was the exact thing that just happened to walk in the front door, though. For a moment, she froze in her spot at the sight with hanging open almost comically. The woman had a short bob that bounced around as she walked. She had on a simple, dark green flannel that hung loosely off of shoulders and a pair of dark jeans. Her outfit was so incredibly simple, but to Jungeun, she looked amazing. And although her outfit was as dark as it was, her smile was bright and her eyes basically sparkled as the light reflected off of them. Jungeun was starstruck. 

 

It wasn't until the girl was right in front of her that she snapped out of it and let out an audibly shaky breath. "hi, Haseul." Jungeun couldn't help but turn her eyebrows up in adoration as the girl's eyes squinted from how wide she smiled. 

 

"Hi, Jungeun, how's your day going?" Better now, she thought. 

 

She slightly shook her head at the thought and smiled at the girl, "Uh, it's okay, just a normal work day." She couldn't help the awkward chuckle that left her lips. if there was anything Jungeun at, it was making conversation- especially with someone she liked. 

 

Wait.

 

Before she could dwell on that thought though, Haseul spoke up again, "Aw, that's too bad, I hope it gets better." Most people wouldn't think twice about a response like that, but with the way Haseul says it, you just know she's being completely sincere. 

 

jungeun smiled softly in thanks before speaking up, "Um, how's your-" 

 

"Jungeun, quit procrastinating! There's a line!" 

 

Jungeun blushed in embarrassment at the sound of Vivi scolding her in front of Haseul. She pursed her lips in slight irritation, but nodded anyways knowing her manger was right and looked back at Haseul. She was slightly expecting the girl to make fun of her, but she simply gave her a soft, calming smile which immediately made the younger girl's grimace disappear. 

 

Jungeun once again let out an awkward laugh, scratching her head in embarrassment, "Um, what can I get you?" 

 

Haseul smiled and looked up at the menu, "just a caramel frappuccino." At this point, Jungeun had no idea why she took the time to search the menu, she always picked the same thing every single time. 

 

Nonetheless, she nodded and rang the girl up in a hurry in hopes of no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter