Fin

The Stars Look Beautiful Tonight
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Forgive me when I leave you all alone.

 

 

 

The stars look beautiful tonight.

 

Was Seungwan's thought as she laid on the ground and gazed into the dark sky. The growing coldness that seeped through her fingers and she could barely feel her legs. Nevermind the carnage that surrounded her nor the destruction that took place. Splinters and debris were scattered everywhere while a blazing inferno consumed everything in its path. Several corpses fell lifeless on the ground and even her comrades were dead. They either died from the raging battle or the devastating bomb that blew.

 

Seungwan didn't know when things went wrong. She remembered planning the undercover operation with her team and successfully tracking down the criminals. They were only seconds away from arresting the suspects when she received a distressed call from one of the scouts telling her to evacuate the area as soon as possible.

 

How was she supposed to know that a mole within her team ratted them out?

 

How was she supposed to know that the criminals had prepared an ambush for them?

 

How was she supposed to know that a bomb would explode and kill every last one of her teammates?

 

How was she supposed to know?

 

If she knew, she could've stopped the operation and prevented all of this from happening.

 

If she knew, she could've come back home and sleep within the safety of her embrace.

 

But Seungwan didn't know and now she was left to face the consequences.

 

Just a few distances away, both her friends lay lifeless and unmoving. Seulgi had a bullet wound embedded in her chest when a gang member managed to successfully target her while Sooyoung got impaled on the stomach with a metal beam when she failed to avoid the explosion. Their hands were entertwined in a tight hold, cementing their promise of being together forever... even in death.

 

Seungwan felt her eyes prickle with tears. Earlier this week, Sooyoung filed a resignation letter and basically told her that she wanted out. She was done being a secret agent. She wanted a new life because she was planning on spending the rest of it with Seulgi. Seungwan understood of course and fully granted her leave. Being in the force was difficult and not for the faint of heart. Enemies would be made the more time you spend in the law-enforcing business. She understood Sooyoung's desire for a fresh start.

 

After all, she was about to get married to Seulgi just a few days from now.

 

Come to think of it, the wedding was only two days away.

 

Two days away for Seulgi and Sooyoung to spend their lives together.

 

Two days away for them to live happily ever after.

 

Now, they lay dead on the ground and will never get the chance of saying their vows.

 

And it was all her fault.

 

Chaos raged everywhere and the world was burning

Please log in to read the full chapter