End

The Artist

I married her when I was 24 years old and she was 25 that time. We met in college from a friend of mine, she was quiet and she doesn't like to socialize that much. 

That's the reason why I became attracted to her, she was mysterious and she was quite reserve, she only responds with minimum words that can end a conversation right away. But it never stopped me from trying to know her. I went and push my shy self and became confident and asked her out. 

Luckily she accepted it, she became my girl friend after 2 years of courting her and another 3 more years that she accepted my marriage proposal. 

 

2 years into marriage everything was pretty normal, I became a painter and she got her job as a ballet instructor. 

Not until that one of my paintings was sued for copy right, yes it was just one painting but it never stopped social media to spread fake rumors about my other painting. 

Because of those fake rumors my reputation as a painter went down hill, a lot of my arts were declined and a lot of people would just down right reject me right away. 

 

I fell into depression, I locked myself inside my studio and would just cry to myself until I pass out. It was hard yes but I had to cope with it and with the help of Mina, I manage to recover but it took a year before I was fully back to my old self. 

We were never rich, so after I stopped working a lot of unpaid bills popped up, I had to get my self back to work and soley focus on painting and regaining my status as a painter. 

 

I promised her and her parents that I will give her the best life that she deserved, I lock myself again but just to focus on painting, that time she would make me meals and visit me in my studio. 

Until one day all of that stopped, so I took a break and decide to spent time with her. But she said she was busy so we never really got the chance to bond with each other. 

 

As time passes by, it felt like she became distant of me. She would feel irritated if I commence skinship with her, just one little hug and she would push me away. 

It was shockingly for me, she never back away from my hug or my touch. But I was trying understand her and told myself she was just tired from her work and everything. 

 

There were days that she doesn't come home and just gave me the excuse she was out with her friends and sleep at their homes. Again me being gaulible never thought it was something else. 

 

Little did I know she would commit infidelity, she was never a socialized person, she would rather stay with me at home than anywhere else. So for me the first time that I ever found out she was cheating took a toll on me. 

I didn't accept the fact that she was indeed cheating, but the proof was hitting me hard. 

 

I did tried once confronting her about it, I asked her who was the guy she was with earlier and told me he was just a friend of him. But I know it wasn't. 

I asked her if she was sure, then she went balistic, she accused me of being attention seeker and maybe I was the one who was cheating on her. 

It didn't end well, but me being myself still try and understand her. I want to save our marriage, so I apologised and slept on the sofa that night, to give her some alone time. 

 

After a few days, we made up but it didn't stop her from cheating again. At this point I knew our marriage is down the trash.

But I didn't stop her from doing it, we were still living in the same house but not as a couple but as two strangers, I don't come out of my studio anymore. 

I only come out when I needed food, water or a bathroom break, she gets our bedroom for herself. I moved the sofa inside the studio to sleep on it. 

 

I seek help from my very close friends, because this is the sole reason my depression is coming back again. One of my friends told me to just divorce her the other one said that I should sue her for adultery. 

But I can't, even though she would treat me as a complete stranger she was still my wife and the girl I loved. 

 

After the our conversation, I again went inside my studio to be isolated. I started writing on a diary for everyday that has happened to our marriage. 

Divorce was the best option but I wasn't ready to leave her not yet. So I paint every moment that she cheated on me, in one week I painted 10 pictures of her with someone else. 

Either they would be kissing, hugging and even having initimate moments in our bed, yes in our bed. 

 

2 months passed and I have officially painted 35 paintings of her crime, with one last entry on my diary. 

I left my studio, went up to our bedroom and packed my bags, I left her some divorce papers and a note. I proceeded to walk out of the house that I once called home. With one last look I drove away. 

 

...

 

It has been 4 years since our divorce, I went back to the states where I live with my parents for a couple months. With one opportunity a client of mine hired me as their professional painter. 

Because of that I made a name for myself as a great painter. I was now well known all through out some of the countries in the world, I got featured in a few articles as well in televisions. 

 

Even the fame never stopped me from thinking about her, I always wondered if she was doing fine and did she ever got remarried. 

After our divorce she sent me a letter stating that she has seen my works of her cheating in our relationship and the diary I had purposely left behind. 

She apologized for her misbehavior and ask for forgiveness, she had even said she regret everything what she had done. And was looking forward to give her another chance. 

 

I sent her my reply, yes I did forgive her but my heart couldn't allow to give her another chance. After the reply that I sent she never wrote back again. 

 

One day I got an invite to Seoul Museum annual anniversary they would like me and my paintings to be featured. 

I did kinda miss Korea so I went ahead and accepted their invite. It was the day of the event a lot of high status people as well some few famous artist around the world had gathered. 

 

My name was called by the host and asked me to give a wonderful speech, as I did. After the ceremony I was mindlessly walking around the museum.

I'm not really fan of social interaction so I avoided it, as possible as I can. A painting of mine caught my attention. It was my ex wife's portrait, this is one of my first painting that ever got recognition. I blindly gave it the title of "love" I know sounds cringy. 

 

As I stare at it, I felt a presences beside me, a woman with a long black hair, she was wearing a white blouse and a long black skirt. And her facial features was very alluring and captivating. Just like I remembered. 

I again went back to look at the painting and said "isn't she beautiful."

 

The woman beside me replied with a yes.

 

She then procceeded to call my name. I looked back at her and gave her a warm smile. 

 

"Hi Mina, I missed you." I said. 

 

She went towards me and engulfed me into a tight hug and I returned it with a hug as well. 

 

"I'm so sorry." She sobbed. 

 

I rubbed her back and told her not to cry, I was trying to stop my tears falling as well. I broke the hug and wiped her tears away. 

 

"You haven't change." I told her.

 

She gave me a smile and held my hand. She again apologized for everything she had done and started crying again. 

I giggled and again wipe her tears, I told her it was fine and it was very long time ago, I had forgive her the day I left our house. I offered her to walk with me inside the museum, where she told everything what happened to her in the past after I left. 

 

She resigned of being a ballet instructor and build a bookstore where she's the one that is managing it, she never sold our house and continued living there. I learned that she still preserves my old studio and never got rid of the paintings there. It was the one thing that made her change her life and decided to take care of it. 

I did share some of my stories, the goals that I have achieved. I was about to continue my story when a child bumped into me and hugged me.

 

"Mama! We were looking everywhere for you!" The child said. I pat her head and carried her. 

A woman was behind her.

 

"Aish, You were here all along, we got lost after you said, you would stroll around I got worried." The woman said. 

 

I chuckled and apologized, I then turn to Mina. 

 

"Ah I almost forgot, Mina this my fiancee Somi, and this is our child Sofie." She was obviously shocked but she still offered her hand. 

 

"Nice to meet you Somi, I'm Mina, Myoui Mina." She said. 

 

Somi took her hand and warmly greeted her, I told Somi that I'll joined them after I talked with Mina, she never knew that Mina was my ex-wife she just knew that I had an ex-wife. 

After Somi left with our child, I look back to Mina and she was verge on crying. 

 

I gave her a sad smile, I knew what she was feeling.

 

"So after many years, you finally found yourself a family." She said. 

 

"That time was hard for me, but nevertheless I still tried to over come it and just move on, then I met Somi, it was a first but I took the opportunity. And I hope you would too." I told her.

 

"I hope so too." She replied.

 

"I wish for the best for you Mina." I told her. 

 

Before parting ways, she asked me for one last hug. I obliged then hugged her. 

 

I gave her one last smile before going back to my family. 

 

The end...

 

 

 

 

I've been feeling angsty these past few days, and my brain wouldn't stop saying make an angst story, I couldn't even update my other story because of it. So here ya go the first one shot angst I created.