Willing

Jinki's Request

 

 

"Hey, Jong?"

"What?"

"I need you to do something for me." Jinki yelled from his bedroom as he packed his favorite blue duffle bag with the pajama pants he forgot to put in earlier. 

Jonghyun was in the kitchen, finishing off a pie from the night before and scrolling through his phone. He was barely listening to the elder, thinking about how Kibum would be looking for the pie when he got home and would positively throw a fit when he found it gone. Smirking, he savored the taste of the delicious dessert and answered, "Yeah, what's up?"

"I need you to kiss Taemin." Jonghyun stopped eating and stared blankly at his screen. When Jinki came out to the living room, he lifted his head to give his bandmate a baffled look, pulling the fork out of his mouth.

"Sorry?"

"Kiss Taemin." This time, Jonghyun put the fork down and leaned back in his seat.

"Umm...no?" Jinki packed his last item and zipped the bag before heading to the fridge. Meanwhile Jonghyun's wide eyes followed him the whole way.

"Please?"

"Are you ing with me?”

“No.”

“What the hell kind of request is that, Jinki??"

"He will not stop going on about how he hasn't kissed anyone yet, and to be honest, it's annoying the hell out of me." Jinki grabbed a soda out of the fridge and leaned on the closed door to look at Jonghyun.

"And why is this my problem?" Jonghyun crossed his arms over his chest and rested his foot on his knee.

"Because I'm leaving to go visit my parents, and when I get back, I'd rather not return to him still whining about it."

"Jinki, he's a dude. I'm a dude. And that still doesn’t explain why this is my problem."

"I think he might be gay." Jonghyun's eyes widened at Jinki’s words, and he jumped when his phone fell out of his limp fingers and hit the table.

"What!?"

"You haven't noticed?? Jonghyun, apart from Naeun, I've never seen him act fond toward a girl like he does with guys. And that was a TV show. I’m convinced it was just because she was the first person he was ever in a romantic situation with. I mean, you’ve seen how he acts around our dance coach. He can barely keep it in his pants,” Jonghyun’s eyebrows lifted as he nodded in agreement. It was true. On multiple occasions he’d witnessed Taemin ‘messing up’ a dance move that Jonghyun knew he had down just so their coach would put his hands on Taemin’s hips and guide him into the correct choreography. “Plus, I caught him watching some...definite guy on guy stuff...the other night," Jonghyun crinkled his face at the thought. Poor Jinki. "I didn't say anything to him, but I think he is." Jinki threw the empty can into the trash and went back to the living room to grab his bag.

"Okay, but I'm not!" Jonghyun stood up to look at Jinki who was already putting on his shoes.

"I know."

"So why me??"

"Well, you seem...the most willing." Jonghyun threw his arms up in confusion and watched as Jinki headed toward the door, unable to really speak. 

“‘What the hell does that mean?” Jinki shrugged as he turned the doorknob.

“Listen, I know this is a weird thing to ask of you,” Jonghyun nodded aggressively as if to say no . “But it’ll be good for you too! He’s obviously pent up, the poor kid. And we all know he’s been taking his sweet time in the shower everyday, up all the hot water,” Jonghyun couldn’t deny this. It was something they all did from time to time, but Taemin was on a whole other level.

“But how would a kiss help? And if you say I have to jack him off too, I swear to god, Jinki-”

“Calm down, you don’t have to do that. It might be a step in the right direction, though! Maybe he won’t be so scared after this to go find someone who will jack him off,” This time Jinki crinkled his face in disgust, not really loving thoughts of Taemin’s being on his mind. "Just do this, Jong. And make it special." Jonghyun stood, moving his mouth with no words coming out as Jinki exited through the door. "See you in a few days!"

"But!" That was all he could say before the door shut. Jonghyun sat back down in his chair with a groan, unsure of whether to be mad or shocked. 

Taemin did seem a little…not super straight sometimes. And it wasn’t like the younger hadn’t had many opportunities to be with women. The more he thought about it, the more he understood how Jinki came to that conclusion. However, the request itself still sent Jonghyun's head spinning. Why had Jinki poached him for the job? And what the hell did he mean by ‘willing’? 

He rested his elbows on the table, reaching to massage his temples. The whole thing was giving him a headache. Jonghyun agreed that Taemin needed to be kissed. He was twenty for Christ's sake. He also wanted to have more time for showers, and even though Jinki’s logic in that department wasn’t completely sound, it did make a little sense. Jonghyun was desperate for a hot shower, and if this is what it took...

 Maybe it wasn't such a weird idea. If anything it would benefit everyone. Jinki wouldn't have to hear Taemin complain anymore, everyone would have more shower time, and Taemin would gain some experience.

“Are you seriously considering this?” He mumbled to himself. Jonghyun shook his head violently. Oh god, Jinki was right about him being the most willing. 

Ah, what the hell, he thought. It wouldn't hurt anything. Jonghyun was secure in his masculinity, and if he was the one to give Taemin his first kiss, he knew it would be a good one. 

If someone had told him that one day he would be concocting a plan to french his male friend/bandmate, he would’ve punched them right in the face. Yet, there he sat, doing exactly that. Jesus…Jinki owed him big time.

-

The day had arrived. It took Jonghyun two days to make a plan, but he finally got it. Technically it wasn't really that much of a plan, but more of an outline. 

Jinki was still at his parents' house, and Minho and Kibum were with the manager across town. Taemin would be home any minute. They would eat dinner, freshen up, and then Jonghyun would strike. Although the idea of kissing Taemin wasn’t exactly something Jonghyun was at peace with yet, he did think it was probably for the best. Jonghyun threw his feet up on the couch and closed his eyes as he waited for Taemin to get home.

-

"Hyung." Jonghyun jerked awake at the hand nudging his shoulder.

"What?" He looked up to see Taemin standing next to him. "Oh, hey Tae." Jonghyun rubbed his face and sat up as Taemin walked to the kitchen. The younger was dressed in his exercise garb; a sweaty white t-shirt and black joggers.

"Should we eat the leftover noodles? That's kind of all that's in here." Taemin shouted with his head in the fridge.

"Yeah that's fine,” As Taemin walked back out, Jonghyun got up to start on the noodles. When they passed each other, the elder got a good whiff of man stink and scrunched his nose. “Jesus. Go take a shower, you smell." Taemin laughed and shoved his armpit in the other’s face, earning a shove from Jonghyun.

"You would too if you had just worked out for two hours," Jonghyun smirked and stuck the noodles in the microwave. "I'll be out in a few." 

When Jonghyun heard the bathroom door close, he let himself fall against the counter, dropping his head into his palms. He hadn't had time to fully freak out since Taemin had come home. 

"What are you doing, Kim Jonghyun?" He mumbled to himself. 

Jonghyun was an open minded guy; that was the only reason he could get himself to do this. He had to admit, Taemin wasn't the worst guy to kiss. He was very attractive, and his lips looked like they would be nice to put his own lips on. It couldn’t be that much different than kissing a girl once his eyes were closed. They were still just lips after all. The thing that kept getting him was that Taemin was his band member. He just hoped it wouldn't be weird afterward. 

The beeping of the microwave Jonghyun out of his thoughts and back to the reality at hand. He snatched two plates from the cabinet above him and proceeded on like it was just a normal night.

-

Jonghyun was already half finished with dinner when Taemin came out, hair damp and dressed in sweatpants and a tank top. Jonghyun eyed him as he walked into the kitchen and loaded up his plate. He looked pretty good, hot even. Jonghyun hoped that would help him get through it.

"Thanks, Jong."

"Hm?" Jonghyun watched as Taemin came out, carrying his plate to the table. "Oh, yeah no problem." Jonghyun stuffed another forkful into his mouth. "Want to watch a movie after dinner?" Taemin nodded and smiled as he worked on the heap of pasta in his mouth. Jonghyun smiled back and focused on his food again.

-

They sat on the couch as the movie played in the living room, fully focused on the screen. Except for Jonghyun, who was silently thinking about what Jinki had asked him to do. 

Taemin had his head in Jonghyun's lap as he immersed himself into the movie, and Jonghyun softly played with his wavy black hair, twisting pieces here and there. When did this become weird? He thought to himself. Oh right, he had never done this while thinking about kissing Taemin before. The more and more Jonghyun thought about it, the more scared he got. Finally, he couldn't take it anymore. He had to do it before he chickened out. 

Jonghyun reached for the remote and paused the movie. Taemin lifted his head and sat up, running his fingers through his hair and yawning. 

"Taking a break?" Jonghyun turned to face him, crossing his legs and looking him in the eyes.

"Taemin, you haven't had your first kiss yet, have you?" Taemin furrowed his eyebrows slightly at the question.

"Uh, no. I haven't. Why?" Jonghyun nodded to himself.

"Thought so. Tae, don't flip out at me when I ask you this, okay?" Taemin, still wearing a face of confusion, nodded. "Are you…gay?" Jonghyun tried hard to look non-threatening. Taemin raised his eyebrows in surprise and his mouth opened slightly, but no words came out. After a moment, his eyebrows settled back down and he gulped silently. Looking down, he sighed and nodded his head again. "Hey," Jonghyun hit Taemin's shoulder softly. "that's totally okay." Taemin stared at the gray fabric of his sweatpants as he picked at it.

"How did you know?"

"Observations, I guess." The younger looked defeated.

“I’ve tried so hard to deny it. That’s why I agreed to be on We Got Married. I’m sorry, hyung, I tried not to be this way, I-” 

"Taemin, don't be embarrassed or ashamed,” Taemin still didn't look at him, so Jonghyun lifted his chin up. “ There's no reason for that." Taemin weakly smiled and looked back down.

"Thanks, hyung." Jonghyun smiled, glad that Taemin was comfortable enough with him to share this part of himself. However, there was still the mess of the kiss to take care of. He didn’t quite know how to go about the transition, so he decided to just jump right in.

"Tae, do you want your first kiss?"

"Well, yeah, but…that’s kind of hard since, you know." Jonghyun took a deep breath, preparing himself for the words about to leave his mouth.

"Here's the thing. Jinki told me, before he left, to give you your first kiss because he's tired of hearing you talk about it all the time," Taemin looked back up in surprise at Jonghyun. "He said to make it special, and that's exactly what I'm going to do, if you're okay with it, but I'm not just doing it for him. I'm doing it because you deserve a good first kiss from someone who really cares about you, and if it's me, I know that's what you're going to get." Taemin blankly stared at Jonghyun, trying to process everything he had just said.

"Uhh…" Jonghyun waited to see if the other would reject his proposal. “Um, I- I mean, well...” It was kind of funny watching Taemin so flustered like this, and Jonghyun cracked a small smile.

"I'm going to take that as a yes."

"I…uh…" Jonghyun took one last deep breath and placed one hand on Taemin's thigh and the other on his waist. He leaned closer, and Taemin leaned away slightly, too shocked to know what else to do, but Jonghyun persisted until he was only a few centimeters from Taemin's face. Taemin was mostly holding his breath, but would occasionally let out a small puff. He smelled good, like spearmint toothpaste and coconut shampoo. It was inviting, and Jonghyun took it, not sure if he would've been able to go further otherwise. He flicked his eyes down to Taemin's lips and filled the gap between them with a soft kiss. Taemin gasped lightly, and Jonghyun could feel him tense up. 

The worst was over. He did it, and it actually felt pretty good! Jonghyun was right about Taemin's lips. They were incredibly soft and warm, and the longer he had his lips pressed against them, the more he found himself enjoying it. 

Slowly, Taemin let out his breath through his nose and relaxed a little, but he still didn't move. After a few more seconds, Jonghyun pulled away and looked at Taemin who still wore the face of shock. 

"Was that okay?" Taemin nodded stiffly, and Jonghyun smiled a little bit. "Do you want me to do it again?" Taemin nodded once more, and Jonghyun's smile grew before leaning in and capturing him in another kiss. 

It was as soft as the first one, but this time Jonghyun moved his lips slowly and rhythmically. Taemin's hand grasping his upper arm caught him by surprise, and he felt Taemin relax even more. He even started moving his lips in sync with Jonghyun's. There was no doubt that this was really nice. Jonghyun was actually quite enjoying himself. He Taemin's hip with his thumb and poked out his tongue, dragging it softly along Taemin's bottom lip. Jonghyun felt the hand holding his arm tense up and then relax, and before he knew it, Taemin's tongue was touching his own. 

Okay, he was definitely enjoying this. It was weird, a little uncomfortable, but Jonghyun was getting used to it, and apparently, so was Taemin. His other hand had crept up onto Jonghyun's knee, and he wasn't leaning away anymore. If anything, he was leaning into Jonghyun whose hand was making its way up Taemin's chest and finally rested on the back of his neck. 

For a first timer, Taemin wasn't too bad with his tongue. Jonghyun almost didn't want to stop. Taemin tasted fresh and his lips were like butter. The harder Taemin kissed him and gripped his leg, the more light headed Jonghyun felt, and he knew- for his own sanity- it was probably time to wrap it up. 

Their tongues swirled around each other one last time before Jonghyun pulled away and looked at Taemin's slightly reddened lips. Taemin looked like he was about to pass out as he stared, eyebrows raised, at the lips that had just been on his. 

"How was that?" Jonghyun asked as he eyed the boy's frozen face. "Was it a worthy first kiss?" All he got in response was a smile formed slowly by Taemin's puffy lips. Jonghyun couldn't help but be proud of his work. There was no question that he was a good kisser, and his skill had finally been put to good use. 

Looking at Taemin, who was practically glowing, made Jonghyun chuckle, and he patted Taemin's cheek before retracting his hands back to his sides. Taemin closed his eyes and broke into laughter as he hid his face in Jonghyun's shoulder. Jonghyun giggled and ruffled the other's hair. 

"Wow, I didn't know I would have this effect on you!" Taemin lifted his head and roughly shoved Jonghyun's chest.

"Shut up." Taemin was still Taemin. Nothing had changed, and Jonghyun was relieved. He just hoped it would stay that way. 

"No more complaining to Jinki. I gave you one hell of a kiss, so you better be satisfied," Jonghyun gave him a wink and Taemin scoffed as he got up off the couch, but Jonghyun grabbed his hand as he was walking away. "But really though, are you happy?" Taemin smiled warmly down at him.

"I'm happy, Jong. Really."

"Good," Jonghyun grinned and let go of Taemin who started toward the bathroom. "I still want to finish this movie." Jonghyun yelled. 

"I gotta pee, hold on," Jonghyun chuckled at his response and took out his phone. "And hyung," he turned his head to look at Taemin, poking out of the door and looking completely content. "Thank you."