chapter one

some morals and some stories

It was truly my childhood fantasy of a perfect wedding.

Call me cliche, but I had always my wedding to mimic the same wedding Bella and Edward had in Twilight. The over-hanging flowers from the ceiling, the beautiful bouquets that decorated every aisle, and the small lilac color infused into every bouquet. I stood on the second floor, overlooking all the guests, and how happy everyone is and excited for all the possibilities that come after “I do”. From this moment, it is the beginning of a couple's life, from their first home purchase, to their first child, to their first family vacation and so on until they reach the end of their forever. 

“There you are”, Chanyeol muttered as he walked close to me, “You look quite beautiful”. “I could say the same thing about you, Mr. Dashing.” I said as I turned around and fixed his tie.  He did look beautiful, in his tailored suit, and fresh hair cut. I can smell that he wore his favorite Joe Malone cologne, and the Rolex watch his grandfather gave him. I couldn’t believe that today was the day, in honesty. Ever since I had met Chanyeol, I never thought he would be the kind of guy to settle down, to want to have a ceremony and let it be everyone’s business.  

“Can you believe after all the years, this is where we would end up?” He whispered as he stared down into my eyes. As I stared into his eyes, I couldn’t help but think back to all the years we had spent together and how it all led up to this moment. 

 

He is my perfect whirlwind, my storm, my tornado.

There wouldn't have been a better time to have met him when I did. 

It was a few months before my high school graduation. Though it seems cliche to say I was living a fairytale, I really felt like a true princess. I grew up in a loving, well-off household and I can confidently say that there was never a moment that I doubted my parents love for me. They did whatever they had to to ensure that I got the best education, sports equipment, and the best memories. I, eternally grateful, took and cherished everything they had ever given me. They never passed a negative judgment on me, in fact, they encouraged me to explore what I felt. A few months before college, I had decided that I wanted to give my hand at pursuing art. Fortunately, my parents were kind enough to pay for my tuition at a one year at program. I swore that I would pay them every penny back, but they said it was their last gift to me before I venture out into being an adult. While I did not leave being the next Van Gogh, I left with the next best thing: Park Chanyeol. 

Like me, he was terrible at art. I remember the day I was rushing before our first quarter finals and bumped into him, and he spilled coffee on me. We both panicked so much and I swore I felt tears for the first time. He grabbed my shoulders and said “It’s alright, breathe. It’s okay.”

"How can this possibly be okay?", I shouted back at him, "I have the first critique tomorrow, and my entire's quarter work is now ruined." I couldn't hold back the tears, I had so much on the line for this critique to go well. I wanted to call up my parents and let them know that I was not wasting their money and that they didn't make a mistake in letting me do this. "Well, I might not be good at art myself, but I think we can get somewhere with two brains and four hands, am I right?" He smiled at me. I didn't know who he was, or if he was even a student in this program, but I had no other choice but to trust him. We spent the next six hours throwing paint and splatter and somehow, we fell asleep. I don’t know what happened, but when dawn broke, we both woke up looking at each others eyes. For once, I finally understood the feeling of butterflies swarming in my stomach. We both sat in the front seat of his old car, making covers of Dashboard Confessional songs and making weird candy combinations. We frequently ran away on the weekends, on road trips where we assumed different identities and did whatever we wanted. One night, we were aspiring rock artists and the next, we were a foreign couple from France, hoping someone would spare us some coins to get us to the airport. He was my first for so many things.